Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Weight Difference Between Couples??

Hi everyone,

Recently my new girl told me how she thinks im too skinny and that I could use a "bulking". Now shes 5 foot 2 and about 135, im about 5 foot 10, and 170. I was under the impression that there was already a good enough size difference between us. But I suppose 35 pounds of difference isnt cutting it. It got me thinking,

A. What are some of the members' weight difference with their girlfriends/boyfriends/wives or husbands? or how much do you and your partner weigh.

B. Is there an ideal weight difference between a man and a woman in a relationship? Does a man always have to weigh more for it work? and if so how much more? are there any women in here that date or would date a man lighter than them?

A) I'm usually lighter than anyone I date...but that's not difficult for me only weighing 120lbs (though I am far from being skin and bones).
    B) No such thing as an overall ideal weight. Everyone has their own preferences, and it seems your girlfriend probably wants a big muscular guy.

Comment

I'm 25-30kg heavier than my girlfriend, she is very slim

I don't think that weight matters so long has both partners don't have large fat pads
      My progress log

Comment

Thanks gentlemen. I just became very self conscious. I feel like I'm not as manly only weighing 35 pounds more than my girlfriend. I suddenly have this idea where a guy needs to weight 60 -70 pounds more than his girlfriend.

Comment

If weight had anything to do with manliness, then I should have started to grow boobs already.

Comment

Weight difference , or considering it in a relationship, is just plain stupid. People are what they are and relationships are based on personality, getting along together, you know all that inane stuff.
            The world's still a toy if you just stay a boy!

Comment

I'm even skinnier than you. Exact same height but at 150lbs. If you're not already taking it, creatine monohydrate and whey protein isolate could help you gain some pounds. To be honest I think it's a shame that this shit should even matter or that she brought it up, but this is how it is.

Comment

Originally posted by Fitetoend View Post
                Hi everyone,

Recently my new girl told me how she thinks im too skinny and that I could use a "bulking".

She's playing head games with you. Don't buy into it. When she says shit like that, say "My ex didn't seem to mind" really casually and go look in the fridge as if you're trying to find something to eat.

Girls do this shit to throw you off balance, whether they know it or not.
                13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 Goal
                10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 Goal

B
                link 2000's Links

Comment

I'm 5' 7'' and weigh 135lbs. Girls ussually tell me I'm skinny (which is true) and have even been told by a friend she wouldn't consider dating me because I look like I weigh less than her. I think why girls want a guy that weighs more than them is partially a insecurity type thing as well as feeling like the man will protect her.

When my ex's new boyfriend is overweight and when she started dating him she's partially let herself go. So I think girls feel that if their men weigh more, they won't be expected to stay slim.
                  Feb. 2012
                  NBPEL: 6.25
                  EG: 5.25

July 2012
                  NBPEL: 6.5
                  EG: 5

May 2013
                  NBPEL: 7
                  EG: 5.25

Goal: NBPEL:7.25 EG:5.5

Comment

She is maybe thinking she is too heavy since she is only 35 lbs under your weight, maybe she would feel better if you were 50 lbs heavier and she was only 120 ( you would still be 170). Not saying anything is wrong with her weight, she is actually what I think a gal at 5'2" should be. I just think she thinks she is heavy but it is easier to say you dont weigh enuff, make any sense. that what i am hearing.
                    Going an inch and 1/2 deeper than before

Comment

Does a man always have to weigh more for it work? and if so how much more? are there any women in here that date or would date a man lighter than them?
                      I weigh about 215-220 pounds
                      fairly good shape. (Only wear a 32 jean size. that says a lot.)

Ideal she would have to be 120-140.

A skeleton cannot nurture a baby in the womb.
                      Thick_Unit
                      Banned
                      Last edited by Thick_Unit; 04-15-2012, 08:56 PM.

Comment

hi guys,

thanks for all the input and the advice and pep talk. Dont get me wrong she didnt say it maliciously or anything, but rather in jest, as in I could help to put on a few. I was just curious to know what on average weight difference between a couple is like just so that I could either feel better about my situation or find ways to better our "weight ratio". Just wanted to see if there is a weight difference that is preferable. at only 5 foot 10, the most i could really put on without looking like a blob is 15-20 pounds, still only putting me 50 pounds over her.

Comment

Hi everyone,

Recently my new girl told me how she thinks im too skinny and that I could use a "bulking". Now shes 5 foot 2 and about 135, im about 5 foot 10, and 170. I was under the impression that there was already a good enough size difference between us. But I suppose 35 pounds of difference isnt cutting it. It got me thinking,

A. What are some of the members' weight difference with their girlfriends/boyfriends/wives or husbands? or how much do you and your partner weigh.

B. Is there an ideal weight difference between a man and a woman in a relationship? Does a man always have to weigh more for it work? and if so how much more? are there any women in here that date or would date a man lighter than them?
                          Actually, according to the BMI chart you are at the ideal weight for your height. But, I don't buy in that chart. It fails to take frame and build into account.

I refuse to date a girl that weighs more than me. I weigh 200 lbs, so any girl that's heavier than I am is a big girl.
                          How did I get here?

Well I was looking for Pygmy.com (I gotta thing for small people, so what), and ended up here.
                          And I've been here ever since.

Comment

Yes I know the BMI chart is very misleading. I would much rather be a built muscular guy, overweight by BMI standards than a weak frail dude on the healthy side of the BMI.

Comment

Still the chart is right for most psople most of the time , fact is weight gain for you most likely would not be healthy.

Comment

Working...
                              X