Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A lesson in irony

A lesson in irony.

The Food Stamp Program, administered by the U.S. Department of Agriculture, is proud to be distributing the greatest amount of free meals and food stamps ever.

Meanwhile, the National Park Service, administered by the U.S. Department of the Interior, asks us to "Please Do Not Feed the Animals."

Their stated reason for the policy is because the animals will grow dependent on handouts and will not learn to take care of themselves.

This ends today's lesson

Keen observation and that is their objective. Get enough people on the public dole and they will always vote for the one who promises to continue handing out the free lunchs.
    ColtAR-15
    Last edited by ColtAR-15; 07-16-2012, 04:30 PM.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety. - Ben Franklin, 1775.

Comment

^That's a very cynical view on things. I highly doubt that a group of people gathered in a board room and decided on it like that.
      "Know the rules well, so that you may properly break them" - The Dalai Lama
      Do not criticize the seed for not yet being a tree.
      Character is destiny - Sigmund Freud
      As long as I have breath in my lungs, I will make this happen

Comment

That's right and pretty soon those on the dole will outnumber us productive citizens and then it's good bye America.

It is impossible to speak in such a way that you cannot be misunderstood.- K.Popper
        Strength is the outcome of need, security sets a premium on feebleness.-Wells

Comment

I agree with the above posters - let's go back to a state of nature where there is no law so that way everybody is completely responsible for themselves and we don't need bloated government - US military, FED, Private property, etc.

Comment

Ha I love this thread
            PEGym Theme Song: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RH76tfDxm7Y

Comment

Man I can't stand either candidate
              Jan 1 2016: 6.6" BPEL 4.4" MSEG

Current: 6.6" BPEL 4.5" MSEG

Goal for Jan 1 2017: 7" BPEL 5.1" MSEG

Goal for Jan 1 2018: 7.3" BPEL 5.3" MSEG

Ultimate Goal: 7.5" BPEL 5.5" MSEG

Comment

Originally posted by mr.growmymeat View Post
                Man I can't stand either candidate

I am not happy with Romney, but another four years of Obama scares the hell out of me. We havent seen anything yet. Four years and things are getting worse. He is not even willing to say he underestimated the problem. Way to big of an ego for me.

Comment

I see the irony there and it's funny. But let's keep in mind that people are not animals, and rarely are circumstances so cut and dry.
                  Starting (02/21/12): 4.81 BPEL x 4.31 mid-EG
                  05/23/12: 5.68 x 4.43
                  08/22/12: 5.81 x 4.43
                  Short-term goal: 6.0 x 4.5

Comment

As someone who received, and is not growing dependent on, food stamps, I say to you, in the most polite way I know how...

Go play in traffic.

I sure bet you'd love to have the Federal maximum of $200/month as a food budget for three people.

Comment

Figures! Since you disagree I am confident im on the correct side of this. Oh thanks for red thing Dem. It is your favorite color.

I see you gave me a second one on the same post. I didn't know that could be done. Outstanding. Lol
                      ColtAR-15
                      Last edited by ColtAR-15; 07-18-2012, 08:05 PM.
                      Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety. - Ben Franklin, 1775.

Comment

Originally posted by ColtAR-15 View Post
                        Figures! Since you disagree I am confident im on the correct side of this. Oh thanks for red thing Dem. It is your favorite color.

I see you gave me a second one on the same post. I didn't know that could be done. Outstanding. Lol
                        He misspelled his name. It should be dumbone

Comment

Originally posted by ColtAR-15 View Post

Nah, I gave it to you on a different on on this thread, and red is not my favourite colour so I have no idea why you think it is.

Now, there are issues with the food stamp system, but the simple fact that you guys feel people grow dependent on them and can actually live off of $200/month is just insane. A single person with no dependants wont even get $200/month, so it's not like a college kid could live off of ramen noodles with food stamps.

Here's another thought. Have you ever tried applying for food stamps and been approved and/or rejected? If not, you have absolutely no idea how damn difficult it is to get approved, let alone keep. But I actually don't expect either of you two to understand the facts about the system. Those who know the facts don't waste their time criticizing the system over stupid, and incorrect, information. Instead they spend their time posting about how the system can be improved and fixed.

But go ahead, be ignorant fools all you want. It's people like you that are the reason the United States is no longer united and is failing as a country. You'll never see it like that, but just because you refuse to accept the truth doesn't mean the truth is any less factual. Deal with it.
                          Last edited by DemOne; 07-18-2012, 08:38 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by DemOne View Post
                            Nah, I gave it to you on a different on on this thread, and red is not my favourite colour so I have no idea why you think it is.

Now, there are issues with the food stamp system, but the simple fact that you guys feel people grow dependent on them and can actually live off of $200/month is just insane. A single person with no dependants wont even get $200/month, so it's not like a college kid could live off of ramen noodles with food stamps.

Here's another thought. Have you ever tried applying for food stamps and been approved and/or rejected? If not, you have absolutely no idea how damn difficult it is to get approved, let alone keep. But I actually don't expect either of you two to understand the facts about the system. Those who know the facts don't waste their time criticizing the system over stupid, and incorrect, information. Instead they spend their time posting about how the system can be improved and fixed.

But go ahead, be ignorant fools all you want. It's people like you that are the reason the United States is no longer united and is failing as a country. You'll never see it like that, but just because you refuse to accept the truth doesn't mean the truth is any less factual. Deal with it.
                            I have never applied for food stamps, this is true. You see I have a thing called pride. I do remember when times were tough I worked three jobs 16 to 18 hours a day if I needed to. It's called work ethic. Now I own my own companies and people work for me. No collage, in fact I have never read a book cover to cover. I am very dyslexic and still I managed to make close to a million last year. I would eat worms before I would go on food stamps. I guess that's what makes me a republican and you a democrat. We believe you have to earn what you get, not take as much as you can.

Comment

Originally posted by DemOne View Post

Dem, I am not here to say that we shouldn't help people out when they're in need or that everyone in poverty is lazy and taking advantage of the system or anything like that. But I have seen with my own eyes people who do not attempt to get a job because they can live a cozy enough lifestyle just from handouts from the government. Many people honestly prefer to live with welfare as opposed to getting a job and earning their things. Welfare is a system designed for people to be able to live while searching for a job, not live comfortably without a job. I know this post specifically said food stamps or whatever but it wasn't meant literally, it just meant that many people are totally dependent on the government and don't take care of themselves.
                              PEGym Theme Song: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RH76tfDxm7Y

Comment

Working...
                              X