Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pros and cons from penile traction study

by George Atkinson

An Italian study into the effectiveness of penile traction devices has confirmed increases in length, but found no changes in girth. The new study, appearing in urology journal BJU International, was conducted by researchers from San Giovanni Battista Hospital, part of the University of Turin.

The new findings build on earlier research into extenders carried out by researchers from the Rush University Medical Center in Chicago that established positive outcomes from a study into their use to treat Peyronie's disease. That study found that "significant (10-45 degrees) improvement in curvatures is achievable" and that extender use was an effective first option for treating Peyronie's.

In the new phase II study, the researchers aimed to establish whether or not extenders could provide an increase in penile size. The subject group consisted of fifteen men who were counseled in how to use the penile extender correctly for at least 4 hours per day. Penile dimensions were measured at the beginning (baseline) and thereafter at 1, 3, 6 and 12 month intervals.

Additionally, the erectile function (EF) domain of the International Index of EF was administered at baseline and at the end of the study. Treatment satisfaction was assessed using an institutional five-item questionnaire.
    After 6 months the researchers found that the mean gain in length was significant, meeting the goals of the effect size, at 2.3 and 1.7 cm (0.9 and 0.65 inches) for the flaccid and stretched penis, respectively. No significant changes in penile girth were detected, however.

Interestingly, the EF domain scores improved significantly at the end of study. The researchers noted that treatment satisfaction scores were consistent with acceptable to good improvement in all items, except for penile girth, where the score was either "no change" or "mild improvement."

The researchers concluded that penile extenders should be regarded as a minimally invasive and effective treatment option to elongate the penile shaft in patients seeking treatment for a short penis.

Related:
    PubMed abstract of the length study
    Traction Diary
    Enlargement FAQ
    Source: BJU International
    Want a FREE Month of Coaching? PM or email me for details- or CLICK HERE

The MeCoach Male Enhancement Coaching Service- For All of Your Male Enhancement Needs

Sweet good to know, do they have the measurements from the one year mark?

Comment

Originally posted by Jiminy View Post
      Sweet good to know, do they have the measurements from the one year mark?
      That particular study goes up to the 1 yr mark. There was another study that went further- 2 years along with hormonal treatment in cases of hypogonadism: *Removed dead link*

Here are some other studies if you're interested: *Removed dead link*
      control
      Technical Admin
      PEGym Hero
      Last edited by control; 03-17-2014, 03:52 PM. Reason: Removed dead links

The MeCoach Male Enhancement Coaching Service- For All of Your Male Enhancement Needs

Comment

I figure the reason they only got length increases is that the stretcher is only really a exercise for length. If there were girth exercises in that regimen then there would have been gains.

Comment

Something should be pointed out here....
          "No significant changes in penile girth were detected, however"
          Indeed, it would have been strange if there had been.
          The methods used for measuring the participants penises were flacid and streched.
          It is possible that an erect measurement would have produced different results, and a more accurate measurement of potential girth gain.

Comment

Originally posted by MattBrick View Post
            It is possible that an erect measurement would have produced different results, and a more accurate measurement of potential girth gain.
            Yes, that's possible. There's bound to be some girth gains with the extender, though not nearly as much as could be had by going girth exercises.

Comment

Interesting article BA, being a big time stretcher user I would agree that it does not do much for girth except maybe a little base girth. I got so hooked on lazy man PE with my stretcher that I pretty much stopped my jelqing and squeezes and had some girth lose. So I'm taking a break from the stretcher.

Comment

Can anyone please help me.

Hi,

I am completely new to PE, but have been reading alot and are very eager to learn. I am 100% average in size. When I started stumbling accross PE over the web, I became very interested. I have to say, Im pretty exited and optimistic. My long term goals are to have an errect 9-10'' penis and a girth of 6-6.5'' Is this possible?

My leading question to begin on my journey is this: kind of on topic with traction:

Can I supplement my beggining routine ( 10 min warm up / 5 min stretching / 10 min jelq session 3-4 days per week) with the use of an extender like the x4 labs deluxe model? Being careful not to overdue, my day would look like this. Morning PE workout 6:30-7:00am / 3 hours of traction at 900 grams 5 days per week)

I apologize if this questions is to beginner, but I really want to start the right way.

I am looking forward to slowly increasing my jelq time over 5 weeks to around 25-30 min. (same for the other exercies in the beginning routine)

Can you Please let me know if this is a good start.

Thanks for any feedback.

Comment

Originally posted by hammer10inch View Post
                  Hi,

I am completely new to PE, but have been reading alot and are very eager to learn. I am 100% average in size. When I started stumbling accross PE over the web, I became very interested. I have to say, Im pretty exited and optimistic. My long term goals are to have an errect 9-10'' penis and a girth of 6-6.5'' Is this possible?

My leading question to begin on my journey is this: kind of on topic with traction:

Can I supplement my beggining routine ( 10 min warm up / 5 min stretching / 10 min jelq session 3-4 days per week) with the use of an extender like the x4 labs deluxe model? Being careful not to overdue, my day would look like this. Morning PE workout 6:30-7:00am / 3 hours of traction at 900 grams 5 days per week)

I apologize if this questions is to beginner, but I really want to start the right way.

I am looking forward to slowly increasing my jelq time over 5 weeks to around 25-30 min. (same for the other exercies in the beginning routine)

Can you Please let me know if this is a good start.

Thanks for any feedback.

Sure you can use an extender, if your dick gets fatigued just take a break. And while you shooting for 9-10 is a big goal anything is possible if you put the time and effort into it and I mean a lot of time and effort

Comment

Thanks for the advice and good encouragement.. I'll keep you posted with my progress. It's only been a couple of days, and my wife was amazed on how big my flaccid size was already.

Comment

Working...
                    X