No announcement yet.

Economic apocalypse around the corner?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Economic apocalypse around the corner?

I am a firm believer in capitalism, the constitution, gun rights, freedom of speech, freedom of religion etc. Because of this, I have signed several petitions over the months automatically landing me on a few mailing lists. One of these lists is the Tea Party's list.

I'm starting to get e-mails pointing me to messages from some of their sponsors. These sponsors all have one thing in common; they are predicting the utter collapse of America. Everyone will suffer, everyone except those who take advantage of the advice being offered by these sponsors on how to profit off the disaster rather than be hit by it. There's just one catch; to get this free info on how to avoid the coming catastrophe, they all want you to buy some product or other at a reduced price.

My question to you folks is do you think we really are facing a doomsday scenario, or are they using scare tactics to make a buck? Are the coming years really going to be as bad as they say they are?

I have pasted below links to two of these sponsors. In order to read the information in text form, attempt to exit the page. They will ask if you really want to leave. Click stay on page and it will dismiss the video and provide a text document to read instead. I would appreciate your opinions on this matter. I'm pretty spooked.

Strategic Investment

Newsmax's Aftershock Survival Summit

I'm not an expert but I learn a bit about this in school. I think the American economy will stop growing if they don't come up with a good plan to create more jobs.

Europe is also in big danger, The European Central bank doesn't do shit about the EU-crisis. It sickens me. I hate Angela Merkel with her NO-policy.

That's all I've got to say perhaps I'll join in later in this thread.

Comment

Around the corner! Its already hit at my house

Comment

The Economic apocalypse of the US economy began in the 70's. It's been going on for a while. The Tea Party people are just silly tin foil hatters.

Comment

This plus the illuminati thread, all in one day!

Don't buy whatever product they are peddling, it is a scam
          My progress log

Comment

This whole crisis is phony. I was telling people (somewhere in 2005.-2007.) about the crisis and bad times that are coming and nobody listened to ma and made fun of me. They still do even though they lost their jobs and are poor now. But I stopped wasting time and energy on them, I'm working on improving myself anyway I can. I also stopped being paranoid and just roll with things. But I roll my way.

Be efficient, be polite. Have a backup plan for everything. There is no 100% chance, things can always go downhill and being prepared for them is most of the times just a slight effort compared to catastrophic loses you may suffer unprepared. Good things are experiences, bad things are lessons. Don't take things for granted or take them too hard.

Basically, clear all of your debts, live self sufficiently, don't waste money and time, learn new stuff, even seemingly useless stuff and question everything. Even this post.

I'm not trying to scare you, I just see things this way.
            Start: BPEL: 17,5 cm | EG: ~15 cm
            Current: BPEL: 19 cm | EG: ~15 cm
            Goal: BPEL: 22-23 cm | EG: 17-18cm with big glans.

Goal is more of a look issue than a number issue. I prefer girth over length. And hopefully girls will to...

Comment

I think its a global crisis, more people but less jobs

Anyway, I wouldn't buy anything from them, those kinds of sites are usually
              A real man never hurts a woman. The woman came out of a man’s rib, not from his feet to be walked on, and not from his head to be superior, but from his side to be equal. Under the arm to be protected, and next to the heart to be loved. - Mrs. workin_4_it

Comment

I think investing in production and Chinese/American bonds are the safer bets. Buy property and shares in co-ops and small farms and small businesses.

I would invest in mining companies over Wal-Mart, for example.

But my opinion at this time is limited.

Comment

I want to believe that it's mainly a bunch of people trying to make a buck, but the evidence that they present if correct is very troubling, especially the facts concerning the petrodollar (strategic investment link).

Comment

I think due to the internet and 1000 cable channels people have more access to snippets of information and groups have the media to use for their ideas.
                    For example supposedly social security just purchase a very large amount of ammo. So why on earth are they buying ammo. Immediately the groups started saying if SS is purchasing ammo they know something we don't. They need ammo to protect themselves against us wth"

My knee jerk response was wait a minute. Did you look at what SS has invested in in the past? Do you know if they have ever bought ammo before? Did you check anything at all about their past investment or spending patterns? Uh the answer was no they had not checked. I am still waiting for their answer that was four business days ago.

None of us know anything unless we want to. People just found out a few years ago that the Federal Reserve is neither federal and has no reserves.

So on one hand I think its a good thing. It causes us to be shocked and appauled and hopefully research and find out how our country really works. We have been living in la la land for so long we never needed to care. With the availability of major amounts of credit per person (usually upwards of 400% of their entire lifetime earnings!!) it caused a serious effin problem. So if we can get back to a real budget based on our earnings and savings pattern (the list goes on an on) and not give the power to institutions to help hang us, I think its a start to get back on track.

I do not "want" to believe we are in for a collapse. Do I feel it could happen? Yes but it can and could have happened every day of our lives. It is not up to us. All it will take is them saying "uh no sorry we are not going to print anymore money.... we have decided to leave what is out there in circulation... we are closing out the credit card accounts.... we will no longer front accounts payable.... insurance is no longer available for businesses or homes or cars or health.... you are on your own"

I do not think that will happen. Even when China a few years ago asked for their money back we said to them "sure we will print some out and have it delivered....or... we will give you 20% back of what is in circulation" What choice do you think they took? lmao Its sad because the banks can do what they want to whomever they want. Although the system nor their origination are American's, we did fall for it and allowed it.

Note: If you buy hot dogs but only eat 2 per week freeze the rest WITH the buns. Dont waste. There are so many sites and old books now online from the 40's and 50's THRIFTY LIVING stuff that will help teach you how they did it. We need to look back to the past to help us for the future.

Just by 20 cents (I ran long so not 2 cents hahahaha)
                    The Dick is the Best Toy Ever!

Comment

Originally posted by islander View Post
                      I think due to the internet and 1000 cable channels people have more access to snippets of information and groups have the media to use for their ideas.
                      Also with the extreme lack of education in this country, people are more prone to believe stupid things.

On my way home from work I pass by a billboard every day that is trying to claim that since 2008, Obama has caused all $16 trillion in debt for the US and under Bush there was a surplus.

We all know that's not anywhere close to being true, yet people believe it.

Comment

History tell us that all big empires break down at some point.

Comment

Originally posted by DemOne View Post
                          Also with the extreme lack of education in this country, people are more prone to believe stupid things.

On my way home from work I pass by a billboard every day that is trying to claim that since 2008, Obama has caused all $16 trillion in debt for the US and under Bush there was a surplus.

We all know that's not anywhere close to being true, yet people believe it.
                          That's an old political trick. "If you tell the same lie, over and over and over, people will eventually believe it". That because some will believe there must some grain of truth within the lie. And those fighting the lie will eventually wear down and stop "correcting" it.

During the big lies leading up to and during the Iraq war, many americans living on the borders of Canada had written/phoned in to the national news (here in Canada) to thank them for their frank coverage. Seems they got tired of the outright lies and omissions coming from their own news channels. I guess it's not just communist government and dictators that try an control media.
                          Starting stats
                          April 3, 2012
                          BPEL - 6"
                          EG - 6"

Comment

Originally posted by Growler View Post
                            History tell us that all big empires break down at some point.
                            True but not this quickly. The US should be the dominant force in the world for another few hundred years.
                            The above is not meant to be argumentative, abrasive or confrontational. Take this and everything you read with a grain of salt.

Comment

Originally posted by Cya at 8 View Post
                              True but not this quickly. The US should be the dominant force in the world for another few hundred years.
                              Yes I am not sure it will happen now.

Comment

Working...
                              X