Do you ever realize you're dreaming?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do you ever realize you're dreaming?

I sometimes, maybe once a month can catch on while I'm asleep that I am in a dream. The usual dreams I do this during are:

1. Scary dreams
    2. Dreams in which I am having sex

Now they come in handy during scary dreams, because I can just wake up and resume sleep and the dream never resumes.

Most of the time it's the sexy dream I wake myself up too, usually because I am fearful I will sleep-violate my wife. On the extreme rare occasion I can keep myself asleep during this dream, but I 100% never ejaculate during the dream.

Does this ever happen to anyone else?

With scary dreams I sometimes have it too .. I'm in the dream and all of a sudden I'm like "hey wait a minute, this isn't real"

Comment

Originally posted by TheSperminator View Post
      I'm in the dream and all of a sudden I'm like "hey wait a minute, this isn't real"
      This is my exact same thought process.

Comment

Lucid dreaming (dream control) is something I did often as a teen. Like you, it mostly happened during a nightmare and sometimes sex dream. When I was really getting into it, I could completely change a dream to whatever I wanted. The problem I remember having with this was, waking up with hangover-like headaches. I'm not sure when my lucid dreaming stopped, but it's been decades since I've controlled a dream. Heck, I can't even remember my dreams any more (although we do dream each night according to studies).

Man that topic has brought back memories.
        Starting stats
        April 3, 2012
        BPEL - 6"
        EG - 6"

Comment

I almost never have dreams like that, in fact I haven't had many dreams the last year or so and when I do I can barely remember them, if at all. I have only had like 3 sex dreams total and never a wet dream.

Seems like my subconscious is pretty lazy when my imagination is everywhere through the day. I keep thinking something might be a little wrong with me.

Comment

Well I've decided to stop forcing myself to wake up if I think I'm dry humping my wife.

Comment

It can be trained. Here is some tips:

How to Lucid Dream: 16 steps (with pictures) - wikiHow

Comment

That list is interesting, but what if the awake ques show up in your dream?

Comment

Originally posted by Growler View Post
                  It can be trained. Here is some tips:

How to Lucid Dream: 16 steps (with pictures) - wikiHow
                  I'm not gonna train myself to stay active while dreaming and while sleeping. wth.

Comment

Unless you're riddled with nightmares I wouldn't train for it.

Comment

I met this one guy with an amazing memory. He gives off the impression he has a photographic memory. I asked him what his secret was, and he told me that he studies things in his sleep.
                      Nick brought up lucid dreaming. Inside the dream state, you're able to control anything that goes on. You have access to your memory. My friend told me that he re-reads books in his dreams to better his memory and recollection of them.

This got me wanting to jump into lucid dreams. It's hard, though. First off - I don't always dream. When I do, I don't remember them. It's like a black, hazy fog. I sometimes know that I'm had a dream, but I won't remember anything there.
                      Sometimes I do remember my dreams and I try to write down as much detail as I can about them. I try to perform small routines throughout every day, like check my watch and ask myself if what I'm seeing is real, so that I would do it in a dream.

You spend about 1/3 of your life asleep. Lucid dreaming is a good way of getting that back and maybe more.
                      "Know the rules well, so that you may properly break them" - The Dalai Lama
                      Do not criticize the seed for not yet being a tree.
                      Character is destiny - Sigmund Freud
                      As long as I have breath in my lungs, I will make this happen

Comment

Toad, now that you've mentioned it I have practiced math proofs and have derived equations in my sleep (I am a mechanical engineering major) that I was not able to do awake. I have woken up and had an answer to a problem I didn't have when I went to bed. I often tell myself to "sleep on it".

For my major I have a low SAT score, and I do very little school work, and I am also not very smart. But, my GPA is excellent and I have a very good (not amazing) memory.

I remember telling my wife some mornings that I do problems in my dreams, and as I recall them I think aloud "you know what, that was right".
                        bautista19
                        Last edited by bautista19; 08-24-2012, 03:17 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by bautista19 View Post
                          Toad, now that you've mentioned it I have practiced math proofs and have derived equations in my sleep (I am a mechanical engineering major) that I was not able to do awake. I have woken up and had an answer to a problem I didn't have when I went to bed. I often tell myself to "sleep on it".

For my major I have a low SAT score, and I do very little school work, and I am also not very smart. But, my GPA is excellent and I have a very good (not amazing) memory.

I remember telling my wife some mornings that I do problems in my dreams, and as I recall them I think aloud "you know what, that was right".
                          It sounds awesome! .. But aren't you tired when you wake up then? I mean you're still active while dreaming/sleeping. That can't be good can it? .. Dreams are a natural thing, but really training yourself to solve stuff in dreams .. ?

Comment

Originally posted by TheSperminator View Post
                            It sounds awesome! .. But aren't you tired when you wake up then? I mean you're still active while dreaming/sleeping. That can't be good can it? .. Dreams are a natural thing, but really training yourself to solve stuff in dreams .. ?
                            I never wake up well rested. Never.

When I do that stuff I am never aware it is a dream. So I didn't think it was part of this lucid dreaming.

Comment

Your brain is constantly active, lunaman. Brain scans show that your brain is MORE active while you sleep than when you're awake!
                              Take advantage of that.

You hear about a lot of guys who come up with solutions to their problems during their dreams. I think the guy who made the periodic table thought of it in his sleep
                              "Know the rules well, so that you may properly break them" - The Dalai Lama
                              Do not criticize the seed for not yet being a tree.
                              Character is destiny - Sigmund Freud
                              As long as I have breath in my lungs, I will make this happen

Comment

Working...
                              X