Beer!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Beer!!

WOOO BEER!~ I love a good cold beer. Its a great way to just calm your nerves and relax... or have a crazy time and let loose! I have made a point of trying a large number of beers through my life to really develop a taste for the stuff.

Belgian beers tend to be my favourites. One day I dream of doing an abbey run, and travel around Belgium trying different delicious beers. My absolute favourite is actually French.

XOBEER ® Bire premium aromatise au COGNAC XO. ACCUEIL

It is not for your average beer fan, since it has a very unique palate to it, which not everyone enjoys. Personally, I fell in love with it the moment I tried it. It is a cognac beer, meaning its a combination of the XO Cognac brand, and beer. It is very reminiscent of Delirium, but I find it has a fuller body and a lovely bitter creaminess that can't be matched.

What is your favourite beer(s)?
    "If you want a log you need to keep a log." - Tinkerbell
    "I wish I was average height with average hand size." - thenewdude

My favourite beer is Asahi, a Japanese beer with a very dry, clean taste

I'm currently drinking Corona, but I generally drink any blonde french or german beer, or dark belgian beer.
    My progress log

Comment

Ballentine Creame Ale! ( just try and find it)
      The world's still a toy if you just stay a boy!

Comment

I'm sheltered and have only had the piss water molsen and the like have made. I've heard of many good beers out there. It's something I'm going to try out soon. I'll pop in here and take notes
        "Know the rules well, so that you may properly break them" - The Dalai Lama
        Do not criticize the seed for not yet being a tree.
        Character is destiny - Sigmund Freud
        As long as I have breath in my lungs, I will make this happen

Comment

Originally posted by Padawan787 View Post
          My favourite beer is Asahi, a Japanese beer with a very dry, clean taste

I'm currently drinking Corona, but I generally drink any blonde french or german beer, or dark belgian beer.
          The United Club at Tokyo Narita airport has an automatic Asahi beer pouring machine - put a glass in, press a button, when the beer level gets to a certain point, the machine automatically tips the glass back so that you get the perfect amount of head on the top. There's a youtube of it floating around - -it's really cool.

Comment

I like Rolling Rock & also an IPA that I had in Boston when I was there - can't remember what it was called.
            Vulcan
            7.25 (start July 2009)>>>>>>8.125"BPEL (current)
            5.25 (start July 2009)>>>>>>5.75"EG (current)

Comment

I'm not a huge beer fan at all but if I drink one it's a Bud Light.............however, give me a jack and coke and I'm a VERY happy camper...:-)
              It's a tough job being good looking and hung :-)

Comment

Hey hey MBD, I'm with ya on that

Nothing like a nice cold beer though. I'm also interested in seeing what the faves are(so Toady, you're not alone).
                Be a reflection of what you'd like to see in others.
                If you want love, give love.
                If you want honesty, give honesty.
                If you want respect, give respect.
                You get in return, what you give.

Comment

Originally posted by CUSP82 View Post
                  Ballentine Creame Ale! ( just try and find it)
                  Thats from the Pabst brand, right? I have never tried it. I'll give it a shot next time. Tonight my gf and I just tried the St. Ambroise pumpkin ale. They are one of my favourite beer companies, but its my first time trying their pumpkin ale. It was the best pumpkin ale I've tried, although I've only tried three.

Tomorrow night we are dipping into Shipyard's Smashed Pumpkin, Howe Sound's Pumpkin Eater, and a strange blonde beer called Wychcraft.
                  "If you want a log you need to keep a log." - Tinkerbell
                  "I wish I was average height with average hand size." - thenewdude

Comment

Yeap beer is grate. Currently I live in Belgium and they do have good beers. And bad ones that taste like they are rotten (personal taste). Sadly those beers are not strong and I usually end up with bloated belly and I'm only a little bit tipsy. When I'm in Poland I prefer regional unpasteurised beers. Hard to get as shops but the taste is marvelous. So usually I buy 2 good beers and few standard ones.

One of the things that amazes and shock at the same time in Belgium is that the standard beer is 250ml. And for that price I can buy 2 standard 500ml beers in Poland. Ahhh I miss my country.
                    Start(11.24.11) BPEL 6 7/8 EG 4 7/8
                    Current stats

Comment

Have you tried Westvleteren 12?
                      Greatest thing I have ever tasted. Food included.
                      Westvleteren 12 - all about Belgian Trappist beers

After that it depends on the mood. Been drinking very good beer for a few years now. Watched my tastes change from being able to enjoy shitty beer (Miller, Bud, Coors etc) to thinking the Belgian Trappists were the holy grail. Then figuring out how I seem to love American Micro brews more than anything. Now loving Imperial Stouts. Sour ales...
                      Really, I'll try it... love it, hate it, or find it just okay I'll try anything.
                      Highly recommend that one I linked. Try it if you can.
                      Starting Size (09/2009): ~7"BPEL x ~5" MSEG
                      Most Recent Measurement (08/13/2012): 8"BPEL x 5.5"MSEG
                      Final Goal: When I'm told to stop.
                      http://www.towelaroundtheworld.com/#/us

Comment

Originally posted by NP97 View Post
                        Have you tried Westvleteren 12?
                        Greatest thing I have ever tasted. Food included.
                        Westvleteren 12 - all about Belgian Trappist beers

After that it depends on the mood. Been drinking very good beer for a few years now. Watched my tastes change from being able to enjoy shitty beer (Miller, Bud, Coors etc) to thinking the Belgian Trappists were the holy grail. Then figuring out how I seem to love American Micro brews more than anything. Now loving Imperial Stouts. Sour ales...
                        Really, I'll try it... love it, hate it, or find it just okay I'll try anything.
                        Highly recommend that one I linked. Try it if you can.
                        Belgium has the best beers!

I think the beer you mentioned is even voted best beer in the world. Am I right?

Comment

I like Lachouffe very much!

Comment

Originally posted by TheSperminator View Post
                            Belgium has the best beers!

I think the beer you mentioned is even voted best beer in the world. Am I right?
                            Yes. It is. But it is hard to find. Besides eBay I don't know how to get it unless you're going to the area.
                            I use to feel that way about Belgium. Not that they aren't amazing... I have found so much better in American micro brews than anywhere else. Small companies making wonderfully tasty beer.
                            Like Southern Tier Pumpking.
                            Founders and any one of their Breakfast Stouts.
                            Russian River's Concentration.
                            Either the cherry or raspberry beers New Glarus makes. Both are like heaven.

Basically I love a beer that the last sip is treasured and is almost painful to finish. Taste>Quantity. Especially since these tasty fuckers are like drinking two or three poopy beers. So less bloated. Can't beat it.
                            Starting Size (09/2009): ~7"BPEL x ~5" MSEG
                            Most Recent Measurement (08/13/2012): 8"BPEL x 5.5"MSEG
                            Final Goal: When I'm told to stop.
                            http://www.towelaroundtheworld.com/#/us

Comment

Warsteiner. Or, the occasional batch of homebrew that I didn't manage to skunk!

Comment

Working...
                              X