Anti Estrogen through diet and supplementation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anti Estrogen through diet and supplementation

I was reading up about broccoli and brussel sprouts to combat the bad estrogen and stubborn belly fat and help raise test levels and came across this site about the anti-estrogen diet:

Anti-Estrogen/Warrior Diet

Has anybody had any experience with trying anything anti-estrogen? I read that you would have to eat pounds of broccoli and brussel sprouts to have any benefit, hence it would be better to take it in supplement form known as DIM:

Bodybuilding.com - Olympian Labs DIM - Diindolymethane! On sale now!

I guess its targeted at the more older male. But myself being 31 with stubborn belly fat (20% body fat) I was wandering if I could try this or find another alternative.
    slanker
    Last edited by slanker; 06-13-2009, 08:32 AM.

I think one way would be to go for tried-&-true supplements like Tribulus and Oxo-6, which have been used for quite a while (especially Tribulus, which has been used since ancient times). Tribulus helps stimulate LH hormone, which in turn will stimulate your natural production of testosterone. Oxo-6 helps as an aromatase inhibitor; aromatase is the enzyme that turns testosterone into estrogen, so Oxo-6 will serve as a source of anti-aromatization. One thing that will help tremendously would be to do the necessary changes to bring down your body fat, by way of diet and excercise. Aromatization takes place mostly within adipose tissue (body fat), so the less adipose tissue you have, then there's gonna be less places in your body for aromatization to occur. Right now I have the same problem as you, with the little extra padding on the mid-section. I'm 35 so I know how much harder it is to get rid of body fat as we get older; however, the times I have put the effort have paid off immensely in terms oh higher testosterone, which is shown (to me) by an exponential increase of morning wood, both in frequency and intensity.

Comment

The anti estrogen diet + Warrior diet = Best natural T & GH enhancer there is.
      Start:2008-10-4
      Reborn Alpha Male
      BPFSL (18")
      FG (10 cm )
      BPEL ( 23 cm)
      MEG (15 cm)
      ----
      EQ (~ 8)

Comment

I am on tribulus at the moment. 6-oxo is damn expensive but thats what I'm talking about. It's okay for us to take these supplements for health and fitness, as initially they seem to be for females and PMS.

Comment

I'm thinking about getting back on Tribulus, now that my shoulders are fully healed and I'm on my way to training hard again. 6-oxo is on my list too, but I gotta find that elusive 2nd job first cause right now I'm on a budget. It's crazy how as we age, we gotta start making adjustments in order to keep ourselves on top. Up until my mid-20's, I rode on pure testosterone and GH. I didn't know much about proper eating, but YOUTH kept me getting results from my workouts, which were nothing but good ole' calisthenics. I was fucking RIPPED back then, and never ran into injuries. Now @ 35 it's al about watching what you eat and exercising with injury-prevention always in mind.

Some Tribulus brands are better than others but they're all fairly cheap. I think Biotest makes the best quality, followed by TwinLab and Optimum. I personally like to keep it simple, so I just go for 100% Tribulus instead of any of these "proprietary blends" that mix all kinds of random shit. Another thing I gotta get back on is Green Tea; 2 or 3 cups a day make quite a difference in terms of loosing body fat and increasing testosterone. The theanine in Green Tea helps jack up testosterone by lowering levels of Cortisol, so not only you're increasing testosterone but also in a better state of mind.

Comment

I was told the extract has to be standardized for it to be good quality. The first time I tried tribulus I had great results down below. I have also tried tongkat ali 50:1 extract with good results but that was expensive too. Can't say which was better but tongkat is proven in the british sports journal of medicine (?).

You can try and eat right to raise testosterone:

Ten Super Foods to Boost Your Libido

I eat goji berries all the time. I think whats next for us to combat the estrogen while at the same time raising Test. And we can do this through diet and/or supplementation. As I recall stubborn fat on males (mid-section) is estrogen. And all my fat seems to be located their, otherwise I am ripped.

Comment

Originally posted by slanker View Post
              As I recall stubborn fat on males (mid-section) is estrogen. And all my fat seems to be located their, otherwise I am ripped.
              Same here, buddy. Gotta get rid of the tummy one way or another.

Comment

Good Luck, and don't give up. Find your wieght and maintain it. Some people have that hard fat around the mid-section, I have that soft fat.. its really unsightly.

Comment

Soft fat? It could also be waterweight your holding up bro
                  Start:2008-10-4
                  Reborn Alpha Male
                  BPFSL (18")
                  FG (10 cm )
                  BPEL ( 23 cm)
                  MEG (15 cm)
                  ----
                  EQ (~ 8)

Comment

Originally posted by C.Phantasy View Post
                    Soft fat? It could also be waterweight your holding up bro
                    Possibly. I have one of them wieghing scales that tells you body fat and water % and mine was 53%.

Comment

Slanker, I'd urge you (and other members and lurkers) to go to the Real Age website and take their test to find out ways you can improve your life expectancy and your life style. The good Doctors Roizen and Oz have evaluated tons of research to help people take charge of their lives and get healthier. Here's the web site:Live Life to the Youngest with RealAge Good luck!

Comment

Thanks for that. Is that totally free? I will do that test and post my results here.

Comment

Originally posted by W.M.P. View Post
                          I'm thinking about getting back on Tribulus, now that my shoulders are fully healed and I'm on my way to training hard again. 6-oxo is on my list too, but I gotta find that elusive 2nd job first cause right now I'm on a budget. It's crazy how as we age, we gotta start making adjustments in order to keep ourselves on top. Up until my mid-20's, I rode on pure testosterone and GH. I didn't know much about proper eating, but YOUTH kept me getting results from my workouts, which were nothing but good ole' calisthenics. I was fucking RIPPED back then, and never ran into injuries. Now @ 35 it's al about watching what you eat and exercising with injury-prevention always in mind.

Some Tribulus brands are better than others but they're all fairly cheap. I think Biotest makes the best quality, followed by TwinLab and Optimum. I personally like to keep it simple, so I just go for 100% Tribulus instead of any of these "proprietary blends" that mix all kinds of random shit. Another thing I gotta get back on is Green Tea; 2 or 3 cups a day make quite a difference in terms of loosing body fat and increasing testosterone. The theanine in Green Tea helps jack up testosterone by lowering levels of Cortisol, so not only you're increasing testosterone but also in a better state of mind.

Yeah you get a sense of calmess with your new found energy.

For I will restore health unto thee and I will heal thee of thine wounds, saith the Lord Jeremiah 30:17

Comment

Working...
                          X