Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Balding

Is anybody bald here on these forums?

How did you "get it"? Did it happen all of a sudden? Could you really just pull out your hair?

Can you prevent balding? If so, how? I'd like to know because I'm afraid I might go bald too one day. Not that it's that horrible, but I'd rather prevent it so I can choose between bald look or spikey hair look etc.

My dad just mentioned to me during dinner "go get you some product against hair loss" .. And he's a bit right, my hair is thinner lately and on the top of my head there is some skin visible sometimes .. It feels so weird. i'm only 21. If I ever turn bald on top of my head I'm gonna go commando-style or completely shaven..

I am 32 and I went through some balding probably around 22. Then I held out for a while, but I think it is beginning to go now. I have a wife and two kids so I just say it's something I have no control over.

Comment

bald because i shave it all off.
      Valued Member of 11 years at the TheBiohacker
      Looks are deceiving, mirrors don't lie.

Comment

70 with full head of hair. My brother is 72 and has a small bald circle on back for last ten years. My father died at 67 but developed an extremely high fathead at about 42. I believe baldness is at least partially caused by genetics and level of testosterone.
        Valued Member of 12+ years at the PEGym
        12/'09 (start) NBP EL - 4.5, EG - 4.4
        12/11 NBPEL - 5.1, MSEG - 5
        01/13 NBPEL - 5.35, MSEG - 5.1
        01/14 NBPEL - 5.35, MSEG - 5.25
        01/16 NBPEL - 5.4, MSEG - 5.5
        Fat Pad = 1+/-

Real cars have two seats. Everything else is a bus.

Comment

Sorry for not searching this guestion but since you mentioned it 2big is it higher testosterone levels or lower linked with balding ? Cause if it is higher levels I can smile while being bald knowing its cause may give me a bigger unit..lol
          Relax I'm a pro

Comment

I started balding when I was 22. It happened fast, within 18 months. I went and had hair surgery where they take the follicles around your head aka horseshoe and replant them in the balding spot. After a couple weeks the hair falls out. After 5 months the hair grows in, and after a year you see the full effects. It typically takes 3 surgeries to get all the hair back. I have only had one and may get a second just to fill in some areas. I am not concerned about my crown because as men age most bald on their crown. Pills, creams, etc., don't work. Tried it doesn't work. It may prolong it for a year or so, but in the end it will fall out.

DHT is the testosterone that causes baldness. The hair follicles lose blood flow throughout and eventually die out. This is caused by DHT. The horseshoe of hair doesnt contain DHT. That is why all the men you see have the hair around their head. Lots and Lots of information out there.
            Bnip
            Retired Moderator
            Member of the Month July 2013
            PEGym Hero
            Last edited by Bnip; 11-27-2012, 07:49 PM.
            12-5-11 --- 7-4-14
            6.1.2.3.4.5.6.7.8.9 7.1.2.3
            4.7.8.9 5.1.2.3.4.5.6.7

Beginner's Guide-What to Expect
            The League Of PE Legends
            2014 Make Your Dick Bigger Challenge!!!

Comment

I am using a natural product called saw palmetto. This product is usually for enlarged prostate . And how it works is that it lowers Dht. Dht is what causes enlarged prostate and hair loss. Also Fenugreek alsois helpful. I have found my hair thicker since using it. These products are very inexpensive. If anyone else has used these products please provide your feedback

Comment

High T is associated with baldness. High T is also associated with prostate problems. Smile, but be sure to have your doc check your prostate so that you can keep on smiling for a long time.
                Valued Member of 12+ years at the PEGym
                12/'09 (start) NBP EL - 4.5, EG - 4.4
                12/11 NBPEL - 5.1, MSEG - 5
                01/13 NBPEL - 5.35, MSEG - 5.1
                01/14 NBPEL - 5.35, MSEG - 5.25
                01/16 NBPEL - 5.4, MSEG - 5.5
                Fat Pad = 1+/-

Real cars have two seats. Everything else is a bus.

Comment

Balding is caused by dihydrotestosterone, which is created when testosterone comes into contact with the enzyme 5-AR. The reason is causes hair loss is because the DHT weakens the hair follicle, making it weaker and weaker until the follicle stops producing hair. However, follicles don't die! They can grow hair again. Expect a baldness cure within 20 years.

Personally, I take oral spironolactone which prevents testosterone from latching on to 5-AR. I have way more free testosterone now and have had crazy libido and muscle mass

Hairlosshelp.com forums is the best place!! There's a lot of info on treatments.
                  Start: 7.25" NBPEL x 6.25" EG
                  Current: 8.75" NBPEL x 6.0" EG
                  GOAL: 9.0" NBEL x 6.0" EG

Comment

I have been progressively losing my hair but I refuse to shave it off............I never wanted to be bald and the fact that it's happening naturally so I refuse to lend mother nature a hand.....
                    It's a tough job being good looking and hung :-)

Comment

Some years ago I heard on some popular-science TV-program that male hairloss wasn't caused by men having higher levels of testosterone than average. The claim was that the hair follicles are oversenitive to the testosterone hormone. In other words, with men who don't go bald, the hair follicles are not sensitive to the testosterone. The program said it was a myth that bald men have much more testosterone than men with more hair on their heads have.

In another program (on Discovery) it was further said that in 90% of the instances, a man inherits his hair genes from his mother's side. Meaning: You are supposed to have inherited your hair from your grandfather on your mother's side. If your father is bald, your sister (if you have one) will be the carrier of that bald hair genes to her male kids.
                      ino
                      Member of the Month June 2017
                      Last edited by ino; 11-28-2012, 01:48 AM.

Comment

What I know about genetics of hair loss. There is two gene causing this lets call them "b,h". When it comes to men if you have pair hh you will not get bald. If you have bh you will get partially bald. If you have bb you will be bald as a knee. When it comes to women only pair bb has influence on them. Those genes causes weakness to dihydrotestosterone that Mikeymoo mentioned.
                        Start(11.24.11) BPEL 6 7/8 EG 4 7/8
                        Current stats

Comment

So, it has nothing to do with test levels? Except for the fact that your hair follicles can be sensitive to them?

because my mom still has all her hair and my grandfather on my mother's side was partially bald ..

Comment

Any hair loss supplements or treatments bring a major probability of decreased libido. Especially Finasteride (Propecia) which has been known to cause irreversible sexual side effects.

I am 20 years old and I'm on maybe stage 3 balding....pretty lame stuff. I tried Rogaine...it might work for you but I had major side effects so I stopped taking it. The best thing you can do is take a multi-vitamen, use nizoral shampoo, and try to wash your hair once every 2-3 days. Also, the better health you are in the quicker and healthier your hair will grow. But yeah...not much you can do about it now...supposedly they're on point for something in like 4-5 years.
                            2/2/2018
                            BPEL: 7" (+3/4")
                            NPBEL: 6 1/2" (+3/4")
                            MSEG: 5” (+1/4")

Comment

Originally posted by TheSperminator View Post
                              So, it has nothing to do with test levels? Except for the fact that your hair follicles can be sensitive to them?

because my mom still has all her hair and my grandfather on my mother's side was partially bald ..
                              Yes it does have to do something with the testosterone levels. But it is the dihydrotesterone (DHT) that the hair follicles are sensitive to. (5-alpha-reductase is the enzym that together with testosterone makes DHT.) The more testosterone levels, the more DHT will be produced with 5-alpha-reductase.

But then again there are indiviual differences as to how sensitive (or not) their hair follicles are to the DHT.

According to the Discovery program, your mother will not likely get thinner hair because her father is bald, but she would be a carrier... you are the one that will likely inherit your mother's father's hair gene. Well, a 90% chance that you will according to the claims in that program.

Comment

Working...
                              X