Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Reputation indicators

I just noticed myself.

Has the indicators always popped up sayings when you hover your mouse pointer over them?
    Start: 9/2012 6.5x4.5
    Progress: 8/3/2016 7.375x5.1
    Goal: 7/16/2015 7.75x5.5

LND

Yes.

Comment

Yes, you sir, are a glorious beacon of light!

I enjoyed going through the stages and seeing my new little message thing!! Kind of disappointed how quickly I "maxed out" though, they should make it harder!! Like a prestige system. Once you max out green, maybe you start over with blue, that would be pretty cool
      I have no problem being with just one woman, but I can't not eat all the donuts.

Current: 7.2" x 5.25"
      Next stop: 7.5" x 5.4"

Comment

There was a thread on rep inflation, years ago it was harder.

Comment

I am actually surprised how quick mine came up. I help where I can, but still know I am a fledging with PE.

The inflated rep conversation came up somewhere else recently. I ran across it.

Appreciate the replies.

LND

Comment

Yeah, I saw that as well. I know that my Reputation Power right now is 5k+. I'm pretty sure I had full green bar at less than 2k.
            I have no problem being with just one woman, but I can't not eat all the donuts.

Current: 7.2" x 5.25"
            Next stop: 7.5" x 5.4"

Comment

This is the first forum I've ever participated in, and I've only been posting for a couple weeks. My little green bar things are adding up faster than I thought they would.
              START 12-17-2012 BPEL: 6.0 MEG 5.0
              CURRENT BPEL: 7.2 MEG 5.4

Comment

then after awhile you stop getting more green things and stop getting special little titles.. instead your numbers get bigger and bigger and no one else can see them but you. Oh, us mods can look up other peoples' rep. Sometimes I do that just to see how you guys are doing.
                "Know the rules well, so that you may properly break them" - The Dalai Lama
                Do not criticize the seed for not yet being a tree.
                Character is destiny - Sigmund Freud
                As long as I have breath in my lungs, I will make this happen

Comment

Not that newer members haven't had amazing insight, but noticing how quick reps can come up, I look at join date combined rep for the more experience based advice.

LND

Comment

My bar got filled up mega fast. It would be cool if the system took longer.
                    Focus on the positive :D
                    -----
                    The dog in the bun represents my lifetime goal.

Comment

Yes- that's been my experience.
                      Want a FREE Month of Coaching? PM or email me for details- or CLICK HERE

The MeCoach Male Enhancement Coaching Service- For All of Your Male Enhancement Needs

Comment

I think it should be modified, maybe making a gold block for every 10,000 rep points.
                        Going an inch and 1/2 deeper than before

Comment

It's cool, as seeing a sign of trust. Maybe, there should be a little bit of time to seniority built in.

Maybe just a six month from join date window for having permission to give rep points?
                          LilNudeDude
                          Last edited by LilNudeDude; 03-04-2013, 02:05 PM.

LND

Comment

Slightly related - but just like reputation indicators being a sign of trust I think when a person is a "senior member" it also puts some weight behind what they say. Seems to me like being a "senior member" should have at least something to do with join date rather than strictly number of posts. The reason being that the longer a person has been around presumably they have read more and know more about PE so it might be a way to put some sort of value on reading threads and gaining knowledge (which is currently undervalued under the present scheme).

Since this is my 99th post this is the last time I will be just a "member" here and given that my rep bar has also risen pretty fast people will probably put even more weight behind what I say. Personally, I try to be very careful and only offer advice about things I feel quite comfortable about for this reason. I've also personally put a lot more time reading threads than posting but I still feel like a relative noob compared to many other members on this forum.
                            Just a regular dick on a forum all about guys.

Comment

I think we could have a different post count set up too. I would like newbie status, respected member and senior member status, but that is just me. I guess I could say all members are respected members though so maybe another term like advanced newbie or junior senior, lol.
                              Going an inch and 1/2 deeper than before

Comment

Working...
                              X