Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• baby cure of HIV/AID

Baby Cured of HIV for the First Time, Researchers Say - WSJ.com

just though i post this news I just heard.

I never knew a cure exist.

maybe the infected visus was at it's early age and it was easier to kill ?

Im gonna research more into this.
    Girth5
    Last edited by Girth5; 03-09-2013, 02:23 PM.
    Main Goal
    BPEL 7

EG 5

ultimate goal
    BPEL 8
    EG 6

guinness world record

BPEL 14.5
    EG 8 lol JK

I saw this too.

Do they actually have a CURE? I doubt it. I think; (1) the immune system is adapting and (2) The suppressive drugs they do have are giving the immune system a fighting chance to do it's job. I think it's a combination of control and conquer at this point.

I think an actually cure isn't far off as a result.
    Start: 9/2012 6.5x4.5
    Progress: 8/3/2016 7.375x5.1
    Goal: 7/16/2015 7.75x5.5

LND

Comment

This is great news for people with the virus.
      Main Goal
      BPEL 7

EG 5

ultimate goal
      BPEL 8
      EG 6

guinness world record

BPEL 14.5
      EG 8 lol JK

Comment

Its not really a cure, the baby got treated when she wasjust 30 hours old, basically they used conventional treatment, however, when she was I think a year and a half old the mother stopped bringing her to treatment but the virus did not replicate and grow after stopping treatment. I don't know how applicable it is to older people with the virus
        Starting Point: September 2010: 6.5" x 5"
        Goal: 8" x 6"

Follow my blog if you like :D
        Trying to spread PE to a bigger audience, money off some Penis Devices too!
        http://penisenlargementandhealth.blogspot.com/

Comment

If u read the Article than u will see that early treatment was key in this child

Comment

I think that the virus could be still there. It could either no so low that the test is not picking it up. Or it is in a hidden part of the immune system.
            If it is a cure ,that is great.
            I would have thought that they would have a completed DNA strand of the baby before treatment. Then as treatment was being done ,do another one to compare.
            Once it was gone ,then compare the first one.
            By doing this they could find which gene or dna strand changed. From this they could pinpoint what needs to be activated to produce a cure.
            Also they should take blood from the baby and see if a transfusion to another HIV person their status changes.
            Any comments or feedback would be appreciated.

Comment

Your DNA doesn't change because you were cured of something.
              Going an inch and 1/2 deeper than before

Comment

What I meant what part of the immune system changed that caused a cure.
                A famous movie star left over 100 million dollars to aids research. My idea seems quite logical considering the money they have at their disposal.

Comment

They haven't developed a cure, it just the standard antiretrovirals used to treat HIV. The fact that they wiped out the virus in the girl was a happy accident that the doctor only discovered because for whatever reason the mother stopped taking the child for treatment, treatment that she was supposed to take for the rest of her life.

Their theory on why the standard antiretrovirals cured the girl is because it was treated before the virus could form reservoirs to hide in and cause reinfection when the treatment stopped.

It'll be good if they can replicate the results with other HIV infected newborns but that doesn't change anything for anyone who already has the virus.
                  On a break from the forum
                  imac's Phallosan Forte Progress Log
                  Pelvic Floor Balance
                  Confusion With Reverse Kegels

Reverse Kegel Breathing (Meditative Reverse Kegels)

Comment

Originally posted by billywilliams View Post
                    What I meant what part of the immune system changed that caused a cure.
                    A famous movie star left over 100 million dollars to aids research. My idea seems quite logical considering the money they have at their disposal.
                    HIV is not a disease of the genes; are you thinking of cancer?

The immune system is effected by HIV, not the genes that provide code for the numerous proteins at use in the immune system. A complete DNA map would provide no useful information, and would take a VERY long time to compile.
                    BPEL: 6.7-8.57" NBPEL: 6.3-8.25"
                    MEG: 5.9-6.5" HeadEG: 5.4-6.25" BEG: 6.25-7"
                    CI:1.5 -2.5
                    Flaccid: 5"x4.75" -> 6.25"x5.375" for +63% volume
                    275ml-435ml in 3 years, 6 months(active 2 years) for +58% volume
                    6.7x5.9 - 8.57x6.5 or bigger than 9/10x49/50 - 2999/3000x1666/1667

Comment

Originally posted by imac View Post
                      They haven't developed a cure, it just the standard antiretrovirals used to treat HIV. The fact that they wiped out the virus in the girl was a happy accident that the doctor only discovered because for whatever reason the mother stopped taking the child for treatment, treatment that she was supposed to take for the rest of her life.

Their theory on why the standard antiretrovirals cured the girl is because it was treated before the virus could form reservoirs to hide in and cause reinfection when the treatment stopped.

It'll be good if they can replicate the results with other HIV infected newborns but that doesn't change anything for anyone who already has the virus.
                      Imac you are right on. Right now they are studying the results to try and replicate them with other HIV infected newborns, in time they will look into seeing the possible application to adults. Either way good news if it gets research going.
                      MrsLooking4more
                      Retired Super Moderator
                      Member of the Month Feb 2013
                      PEGym Hero
                      Last edited by MrsLooking4more; 03-10-2013, 06:56 PM.
                      ​Mrs. L4M
                      BDSM Safe, Sane & Consensual
                      Hubby's Routine

BPEL 6.5 +1.5 ~>8.0 02/2013
                      MEG. 4.7 +1.3 ~>6.0 03/2013

Comment

Originally posted by BigO View Post
                        Your DNA doesn't change because you were cured of something.
                        Curiously enough, there is some research that shows DNA can be changed. There was a program on NPR's program radio lab last week that discussed some findings. The link below describes one of the projects which found the link between the environmental factors in which your grandfather endured and your resistance to or propensity for cardiovascular disease.

You Are What Your Grandpa Eats - Radiolab

Pretty interesting. My son lucked out, he's almost 12. Not enough time to starve him to improve the health of his kids and grandkids.

Comment

Working...
                        X