Acne

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Acne

First of all, I'm 19 years old. Now sure it may be normal to have acne at my age, I'm sure people have acne at even older ages as well. But what is bothering me is that when I was younger, I never suffered from acne the way I am now. People tell me my acne isn't bad, but in my opinion it is very bad. So I'm thinking of solutions, I've been using a Cetaphil bar and applying Clean & Clear (benzoyl peroxide cream) to my face but nothing. Some pimples go away and then they just return later or I get pimples in other parts of my face.

I just want to get rid of this acne once and for all but I'm not sure what else to do, I've tried a few things and end up stopping them because nothing on my face changes. Does proactiv work?
    May 2nd, 2013
    6.5 x 5

Current Goal
    ?? x 6

I used to use Clearacil plus Clearacil pads that used to get dirt and oil off my face and that worked pretty well. I still get the occasional pimple on my face or back and I'm 42 years old but by and large, I don't get them anymore.

Stress and diet also play a large part of the whole acne situation. Are you stressed at all? What's your diet like?
    It's a tough job being good looking and hung :-)

Comment

I've had acne problems as well. I was on Accutane as a teenager and that cleared me up 100%, but after I went to college and stopped taking it my acne came back a little.

My opinion:
      • Stop using benzoyl peroxide. It's carcinogenic and can really dry out your face and make you more sensitive to UV
      • Wash your face with the mildest soap you can find (I used to use Cetaphil so I think that's fine)
      • Wash your face with soap at night, rinse with cold water in the morning.
      • Don't scrub hard when washing your face, be gentle.
      • Use a mild, water-based moisturizer when needed
      • Get plenty of exercise and eat healthy.
      • DO NOT TOUCH YOUR FACE, EVER, unless you are washing it or applying lotion. This is probably the most important advice I have to give. Don't pop, pick, or scratch. If a zit is ABSOLUTELY ready to pop, get a paper towel wet with hot water and GENTLY squeeze the area to pop it, then LEAVE IT ALONE.
      eow.
      Member of the Month April 2013
      Last edited by eow.; 05-12-2013, 01:55 PM.
      Collection of scientific articles and books related to PE: pe_sources.zip

Comment

Never had acne in my 20's. 30's and onward yes. Reasons why were difficult to determine ,but I have my problem solved. For me 4 factors played into my problem
        1. Hygiene but not what you think. It was the phone where I worked. Ten different people plus customers used the phone. Their dirt, grim, sweat etc was killing my face from ear to chin! Yuck!
        2. STRESS!!!!
        3. Hormone changes
        4. Food allergies. I have a mild allergy to peanuts. I can eat them all day long, but 2-3 days after I had terrible spots on my chin. Dairy, I can eat hard cheeses, but ice cream, yogurt, sour cream reek havoc on my face.

I had a scratch test done to determine what my allergies are. If you have no insurance it's under $100 in my state and worth every penny.
        "A negative mind will never get you a positive life.”

Comment

For me a break through with acne were strawberries. I ate like 1 lbs per day (only 128 kcal) and from fats used only olive oil. Those strawberries have some weird toxic sweeping properties.

Why no one mentioned about clean towel on the pillow every night?
          Start(11.24.11) BPEL 6 7/8 EG 4 7/8
          Current stats

Comment

eow has a great list above, but he forgot one key thing!

1. If you have long hair, always keep it out of your face when you sleep. Do not let it touch anything--not even your forehead.
            2. Rotate pillow cases EVERY NIGHT. If you can't manage to do that, there are a few tricks.
            a. Flip the pillowcase upside down for 1 fresh rotation.
            b. Slip a clean t-shirt over your pillowcase each night, and rotate. Each t-shirt should provide you with 1 night's worth of sleep.

Those changes alone could save you.
            Starting: 4/2/2013
            BPEL: 7.5"
            MEG: 5.25"
            BEG: 6"
            BPFSL: 8.1"

Current:
            BPEL: 8.25"
            MEG: 5.5" (-.25")
            BEG: 6" (-.25")
            BPFSL: 8.75"
            NBPEL: 7.75"

My Log

Comment

Im twenty seven had them really bad in my early twenties, best medicine for them is roaccutane clears everything up in one or two months. Can only get them on prescription though but theyre the strongest acne medicine there is doctor usualy only prescribes them if nothing else works for them
              Wanna be bigger than big

Comment

There is a positive in all this, by the time you reach your 40's, for the most part, you won't have any..........however, most of you I'm sure are nowhere near close to that milestone age.......on the rare occasion I get one now, I put some Clearasil on it and leave it the hell alone and it typically goes away in a day or so.....
                It's a tough job being good looking and hung :-)

Comment

Also stop wearing a hat of any kind if you are getting forehead acne. Hats are GROSS with the stuff they hold and y'all never wash them!
                  Never scrub or use a loofah pad on your face. Treat it like tissue wrapping paper. Use your hands or a very soft wash cloth preferrably a microfiber wash cloth (no germs collected on the cloth )

Cedafil is excellent and prescribed by most dermo's. Also try changing your shampoo for at least two weeks and see if that makes a difference.

Natural Remedies: Rinse face with white vinegar before showering. Take Advil for a few days. Eat foods that reduce inflammation in the body. Change your diet for at least two weeks completely and see if things change. Then slowly add back what you know is healthy.

Acne they say is another warning sign that something is not right. So you are eating or doing something your body can not handle. Process of elimination.

But age and hormones can really cause havoc so if all of the advice here fails then get your blood tested and see if all your levels are good. Great time to get a base line on your levels anyway ehh

Good luck!
                  The Dick is the Best Toy Ever!

Comment

Originally posted by NumberSign View Post
                    First of all, I'm 19 years old. Now sure it may be normal to have acne at my age, I'm sure people have acne at even older ages as well. But what is bothering me is that when I was younger, I never suffered from acne the way I am now. People tell me my acne isn't bad, but in my opinion it is very bad. So I'm thinking of solutions, I've been using a Cetaphil bar and applying Clean & Clear (benzoyl peroxide cream) to my face but nothing. Some pimples go away and then they just return later or I get pimples in other parts of my face.

I just want to get rid of this acne once and for all but I'm not sure what else to do, I've tried a few things and end up stopping them because nothing on my face changes. Does proactiv work?

I rarely get acne, even when I was a teen.

I changed out my bedding to something more skin friendly as it was the bedding (sheets, blankets and pillow cases) I had that was causing it.

Sheets and pillow cases are made by sealy and are quite expensive. blanket is just a micro fiber one made by columbia light weight was important. it was also expensive about 100 for that
                    Thick_Unit
                    Banned
                    Last edited by Thick_Unit; 05-14-2013, 03:07 AM.

Comment

Its pretty normal to have acne at this age due to hormonal imbalance. So avoid using acne creams and other agents this will only increase it. Just eat healthy food, avoid oily stuff and wash your face 2-3 times a day.

Comment

I've just gotten rid of my acne, never had it before in my life, had good skin. Developed it earlier this year, went to the doctor, got prescribed doxyhexal(doxycycline), not heavy duty, and I've started following the regime of acne.org and it has cleared up completely. I no longer have acne. I would suggest following it. I went through tests by the doctor, diet changes, washing my face too much, products and these two things I mentioned were all that helped. Good luck, I understand it's painful.

Comment

Yo dude I have sensitive skin and acne when i was younger, maybe you do too, so before you try any products.I invite you to try splashing you face with warm water and GENTLY rub you face VERY GENTLY(if you rub to hard you'll get more acne) for a good 30 secs - a min 2x a day . I've tried every product out there from proactive , neutrogena , clearasil , EVERYTHING including accutane (which actually got rid acne but make you feel like shit and wears off after 2 years). And So i was like you know what imma go all natural and splash water of my face for a good min and see what happens. My acne is basically gone with a small pimple growing maybe once a month . You have to be diligent and do it every day or else your skin is going to start up the acne again, and make sure you DONT OVERWASH either because your skin will over compensate the oil you are losing . O yea BTW if your hands feels oily from the wash , take some soap wash your hands and make sure all the soap is off and continue washing your face with only water. Take multivitamins too.

For some reason I think that acne drug company's want to earn money by getting rid of the pimple quick with a strong chemical but it leaves your skin damaged and thus more pimples come...

There you go bro , hope this helps you on your way to acne free skin

Comment

Dude i feel your acne problem but i do not know why the acne is appeared in this age but do not worried about the acne you just concentrate on your doctor advice and precaution..I wish your acne is disappeared in your face...
                            Last edited by tawo222; 05-28-2013, 08:39 AM.

Comment

Working...
                            X