Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Study on size

US adult's average penis is 5.6 inches long when erect | Business Standard

If anyone who can find the actual study that was just released in the journal of sexual medicine can post it or the measurement methodology it would be greatly appreciated.

According to this Average length = 5.6
    Girth = 4.8

Self reported, but the study was confident it was accurate. Do you guys think this was BPEL or NBPEL? And do you think it would be exadurated upwards do to self reporting?

Edit. Found the study. However you need to have an account or something to view the full text, as the summary doesnt have the methodology. http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/1...12244/abstract
    helpmeout
    Last edited by helpmeout; 07-16-2013, 04:24 PM.

Woohoo! I use to be average now with PE I am above average according to the survey!

Comment

I think it's BPEL. If that's NBPEL, then the average BPEL is over 6" which seems a bit off
      BPEL: 5.92 6.0 6.1 6.2 6.3 6.4 6.5 6.6 6.7 6.8 6.9 7.0 7.1 7.2 7.3 7.4 7.5
      MEG: 4.72 5.0 5.05 5.1 5.15 5.2 5.25 5.3 5.35 5.4 5.45 5.5
      BEG: ? 5.5 5.6 5.7 5.8 5.9 6.0

Comment

That is definitely BPEL.
        Starting: 4/2/2013
        BPEL: 7.5"
        MEG: 5.25"
        BEG: 6"
        BPFSL: 8.1"

Current:
        BPEL: 8.25"
        MEG: 5.5" (-.25")
        BEG: 6" (-.25")
        BPFSL: 8.75"
        NBPEL: 7.75"

My Log

Comment

I have downloaded the full text.

Here are some more info:
          They say that they communicated to participants that is was important that they measure and report accurate data (in order to receive custom fit condoms). Men have been motivated to do accurate reporting. They believe that this study was unlikely to self-select men with larger penis sizes.

There were 1824 men (1661 returned results) in the U.S. at least 18 (90.2% of them were up to 39 years old).
          They got illustrated directions on how to measure from the underside base.
          They do not mention in this paper if it was bone pressed or not (besides mentioning underside).
          The exact methodology of measure is described in another paper which I do not have access to (title: "Rates of condom breakage and slippage using a condom fitted to penile length and circumference"). In this other paper they also include the illustration of the tool they where using to measure.
          Men had to use a printed copy of the tool. Length: mean 14.15 cm (SD=2.66), median: 14.00 cm
          Circumference: 12.23 cm (SD=2.23), median: 12 cm

According to this study, 83% of men have an erect penis length of 16cm (6.3 inches) or less.

A note from the study: Oral stimulation of a man's penis resulted in reports of greater lengths (compared to fantasy alone = significantly smaller).
          Also related to this study, is this one: Breakage, slippage and acceptability outco... [Sex Transm Infect. 2008] - PubMed - NCBI

If someone has access to the "Rates of condom breakage ..." paper (I mentioned above), please share the detailed methodology.
          mazinstar76
          Last edited by mazinstar76; 07-17-2013, 07:25 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by mazinstar76 View Post
            They got illustrated directions on how to measure from the underside base.
            They do not mention in this paper if it was bone pressed or not (besides mentioning underside).
            The exact methodology of measure is described in another paper which I do not have access to (title: "Rates of condom breakage and slippage using a condom fitted to penile length and circumference"). In this other paper they also include the illustration of the tool they where using to measure.
            Here is the illustration from that other paper on how the measurements were done. The length measurements at least don't look at all comparable to how we measure.

F1.large.jpg
            Just a regular dick on a forum all about guys.

Comment

This looks very similar to the You Fit condom sizing method...this is good because they use letters and odd numbers making it less likely to fudge numbers.
              Started: 7 x 5
              Current: 8 inches x 6.25 inches (whole shaft)
              Goal 8.5 x 6.5

Pics. https://www.pegym.com/forums/members...8-56-46-1.html

Comment

It's bad though and not accurate average wise because there are MANY people who measure larger from the bottom and many people who's scrotum rides high on the shaft and measure much shorter such as myself (I.e. Turkey Neck)

I am 7 bpel, 6ish nbp, and if I measured the underside my nutsack gets in the way at about 4.5 inches
                helpmeout
                Last edited by helpmeout; 07-18-2013, 12:45 PM.

Comment

From the article...
                  <<<It was found that the smallest erect penis in the study was about 1.6 inches (4 cm) long, while the largest was 10.2 inches (26 cm) long, the Huffington Post reported.>>>

1.6 inches to 10.2 inches - that is quite a range.
                  10/26/12 : BPEL 5.81" | EG 4.50"
                  08/11/19 : BPEL 7.15" | EG 5.25" started back in PE 6 months ago
                  10/04/20: BPEL 7.25 | EG 5.25" Been pumping, clamping and wrapping for the past 4 months

Comment

I wish people who report studies like this used more precise words than 'average'. Was it the mean or the median? They're probably similar for a statistic like penis size (unlike, say, income), but not identical.

Comment

1.6! Not tryin to be mean but can you even do PE at that size? It has to be all glands? Yikes.

Comment

I'm one in a thousand. I'll bet we're ALL one in a thousand in one way or another.

Comment

5.6" x 4.8" sounds right on the mark, to me.

Comment

Originally posted by going411by7 View Post
                            5.6" x 4.8" sounds right on the mark, to me.
                            That's right about my finding on averages too (+.1 L, -.1 G). This seems like a well done study

There's a similar thread about this study here: https://www.pegym.com/forums/gym/617...-seee-0-a.html

I debated on whether or not to merge the threads, but there were enough differences in the articles to leave them as individual threads.
                            Want a FREE Month of Coaching? PM or email me for details- or CLICK HERE

The MeCoach Male Enhancement Coaching Service- For All of Your Male Enhancement Needs

Comment

Actually there are three:
                              https://www.pegym.com/forums/gym/616...gth-study.html
                              Valued Member of 12+ years at the PEGym
                              12/'09 (start) NBP EL - 4.5, EG - 4.4
                              12/11 NBPEL - 5.1, MSEG - 5
                              01/13 NBPEL - 5.35, MSEG - 5.1
                              01/14 NBPEL - 5.35, MSEG - 5.25
                              01/16 NBPEL - 5.4, MSEG - 5.5
                              Fat Pad = 1+/-

Real cars have two seats. Everything else is a bus.

Comment

Working...
                              X