Thinking of taking a week-long sex break

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thinking of taking a week-long sex break

My gf and I do this from time to time. Probably around twice a year. We have only succeeded in completing a full week of no sex once, and the sex at the end was incredible. It is all about building anticipation. During the week, you can't stop kissing and touching each other, but it shouldn't lead anywhere past that. It also is nice because it helps you enjoy the simple things.

I plan to talk to her about this tonight, so we'll see what she thinks.

It should also make it easier for me to be careful with my pelvis, since I don't want to risk another injury during my return to PE. Hopefully, this would give me a week to ease back in to a PE routine.

I still plan on rubbing a couple out here and there, but on a less frequent basis.

Anyone else ever tried this? What do you guys think of the idea?

- CJ
    "If you want a log you need to keep a log." - Tinkerbell
    "I wish I was average height with average hand size." - thenewdude

Give up sex for a week? Why would you want to? Maybe I'd give up ice cream for a week but that's as far as it goes.
    The world's still a toy if you just stay a boy!

Comment

I would rather shave my head than forgo sex.
      Cause I'm TNT, I'm Dynamite :boxing::aikido:

Got nine lives...used six already!! :angel:

Comment

I can see where it could work but wait 'til you get old like me then you won't need to plan it.

It is impossible to speak in such a way that you cannot be misunderstood.- K.Popper
        Strength is the outcome of need, security sets a premium on feebleness.-Wells

Comment

I effing hate sex when it becomes a chore, or a routine. I can treat masturbation that way..

Less sex=better sex! Yes, less is more!!
          You never slow down, you never grow old!

Comment

So... uh... I forgot about this thread. We didn't last two days. Somewhere around 36 hours, actually. Operation 'sex-break' failed.
            "If you want a log you need to keep a log." - Tinkerbell
            "I wish I was average height with average hand size." - thenewdude

Comment

Originally posted by CUSP82 View Post
              Give up sex for a week? Why would you want to? Maybe I'd give up ice cream for a week but that's as far as it goes.
              And that's not much of a sacrifice. A cup if ice cream will only last 20 minutes before its not any good. You won't miss it after that.

Comment

What CJ did was eat some ice cream and then froze the rest so it wouldn't melt in 20 min...isn't that cheating?

CJ what you should do is try this again, but make plans a week from that day. Reserve a room at a hotel or make dinner reservations at a place you both were dying to try. If you have an end goal rather then just staying away from success for a week, then you will make it. Nothing is better then waiting a week and relieving that sexual frustration after a nice dinner in a hotel. As the days get closer talk about outfits and props that may help you in the anticipation. Sounds fun! I need to do this but I had my dippin dots already today. Cusp! You want some dippin dots?
                12-5-11 --- 7-4-14
                6.1.2.3.4.5.6.7.8.9 7.1.2.3
                4.7.8.9 5.1.2.3.4.5.6.7

Beginner's Guide-What to Expect
                The League Of PE Legends
                2014 Make Your Dick Bigger Challenge!!!

Comment

Originally posted by CaptainJohnson View Post
                  My gf and I do this from time to time. Probably around twice a year. We have only succeeded in completing a full week of no sex once, and the sex at the end was incredible. It is all about building anticipation. During the week, you can't stop kissing and touching each other, but it shouldn't lead anywhere past that. It also is nice because it helps you enjoy the simple things.

I plan to talk to her about this tonight, so we'll see what she thinks.

It should also make it easier for me to be careful with my pelvis, since I don't want to risk another injury during my return to PE. Hopefully, this would give me a week to ease back in to a PE routine.

I still plan on rubbing a couple out here and there, but on a less frequent basis.

Anyone else ever tried this? What do you guys think of the idea?

- CJ
                  Hey CJ,

Although, I'm not a guy, I thought I'd share my thoughts, anyway I think this is a great idea for couples who have been together for a while and want to build desire and anticipation.

As a couple who has a very active sex life, my hubby and I just did this recently and it was really rather exciting...like we were dating again - a sort of reintroduction and rediscovery to each other. The rules were that we could tease, titillate and even make out but nothing more - first base stuff only...and no solo sex either!! And let me tell you, did we tease each other...it was so damn sexually frustrating yet arousing at the same time. We even created a "countdown to launch" calendar on the whiteboard we have in our kitchen.

I'll admit, there were a few close calls but we managed to last the week. One the big night, we continued to build the anticipation by making a nice dinner consisting only of foods and beverages known for their aphrodisiac properties, feeding each other, tasting each other and although our intention was to make the evening last - the arousal was too much that we never quite made it out of the dining room! (well, not for the first few encounters anyway )

My hubby and I finally understood that old saying - "good things come to those who wait" - although, I doubt we will be abstaining for another long week again any time soon.
                  TPW
                  Member of the Month Oct 2013
                  Last edited by TPW; 08-17-2013, 06:33 PM.

Comment

Go for a week without sex? Not in this lifetime! I got to give you credit TPW for making it the whole time. If I even dreamed of it my wife would cut my penis off and use it herself. I don't think I could go a week myself anyway. As soon as I would get close enough to smell her hair or feel her sexy soft skin, then there I go head first.
                    Bondage.
                    Some people call it domestic violence.
                    We call it foreplay.
                    Got cuffs? GAME ON!

My routine and gains.

Comment

Originally posted by Looking4more View Post
                      Go for a week without sex? Not in this lifetime! I got to give you credit TPW for making it the whole time. If I even dreamed of it my wife would cut my penis off and use it herself. I don't think I could go a week myself anyway. As soon as I would get close enough to smell her hair or feel her sexy soft skin, then there I go head first.
                      I'm not going to lie ML4M...it was tough...but boy oh boy...the end result was damn never earth-shattering! The wait was unique for us; making it a fun and challenging new experience. Hmmm, I wonder what new adventure we'll embark on next???
                      TPW
                      Last edited by TPW; 08-17-2013, 06:42 PM.

Comment

I congratulate those of you that can, I can not abstain for a week. NOT happening, I become a darn monster if not "feed" regularly. I own instruments of restraints, one way or the other is going to happen. LOL
                        ​Mrs. L4M
                        BDSM Safe, Sane & Consensual
                        Hubby's Routine

BPEL 6.5 +1.5 ~>8.0 02/2013
                        MEG. 4.7 +1.3 ~>6.0 03/2013

Comment

Originally posted by MrsLooking4more View Post
                          I congratulate those of you that can, I can not abstain for a week. NOT happening, I become a darn monster if not "feed" regularly. I own instruments of restraints, one way or the other is going to happen. LOL
                          LMAO...now MrsL4M, you do realize that I soooo want to lay down the gauntlet and challenge you and the MR to abstain from sex for one week...just to see if you could do it AND more importantly, share your progress (or lack thereof) with all of us here on the Gym!

It would be sort of like the "masturbation" episode of Seinfeld...except only the two of you would be competing and it wouldn't be solo sex but partner sex that you would be denying...whaddya think? Could you do it????

Of course, we would need to think of some kind of prize to motivate you....hmmm, any suggestions?
                          TPW
                          Last edited by TPW; 08-17-2013, 07:40 PM.

Comment

Nope, not going to happen. I have to have my play time and leather time and don't think he would go for it either. Sorry
                            ​Mrs. L4M
                            BDSM Safe, Sane & Consensual
                            Hubby's Routine

BPEL 6.5 +1.5 ~>8.0 02/2013
                            MEG. 4.7 +1.3 ~>6.0 03/2013

Comment

Originally posted by MrsLooking4more View Post
                              Nope, not going to happen. I have to have my play time and leather time and don't think he would go for it either. Sorry
                              Damn...well, you can't blame me for asking! I'm convinced it would have been an very entertaining and interesting progress report!

Comment

Working...
                              X