What's YOUR Groundhog Day?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What's YOUR Groundhog Day?

It's the weekend, so I thought we could have a little fun. How many of you remember the movie “Groundhog Day” starring Bill Murray? In the movie Phil (Bill Murray) is stuck reliving the same day over and over again. Imagine being in a similar situation? But unlike Phil, we were given the opportunity to live one perfect day over again? What idyllic day in your life would you choose to repeat?

It is yet to come, It sure will be any day after I find my soul-mate
    A real man never hurts a woman. The woman came out of a man’s rib, not from his feet to be walked on, and not from his head to be superior, but from his side to be equal. Under the arm to be protected, and next to the heart to be loved. - Mrs. workin_4_it

Comment

Originally posted by MrB8 View Post
      It is yet to come, It sure will be any day after I find my soul-mate
      No, no, no Mr B8...as sweet as those words are, I am not letting you off the hook. Everyone, yes, everyone has had a perfect day or at least a perfect event/experience. It may have been your grade 8 graduation or the day you learned how to drive a car or playing the perfect game of hockey where you were on fire or a simple yet beautiful day spent at the beach or the perfect day of vacation...think Mr B8...I know you got one in you somewhere!

Comment

That's an impossible question to answer for me TPW. I have had so many great days. The day I married my beautiful wife is one. The birth of each of my kids are two more. Spending time with them all at Disney and other places make up so many more. Just can't choose one. Pretty cool question though.
        Bondage.
        Some people call it domestic violence.
        We call it foreplay.
        Got cuffs? GAME ON!

My routine and gains.

Comment

My very first date with my beautiful bride.

I am very visual and I can remember exactly what she was wearing, the smell of perfume, her long dark hair and best of all her beautiful smile.

Every time I run the movie of that day in my head it takes me back and makes me SMILE!
          “The world will not be destroyed by those who do evil, but by those who watch them without doing anything” Albert Einstein

Comment

Originally posted by T.P.W. View Post
            No, no, no Mr B8...as sweet as those words are, I am not letting you off the hook. Everyone, yes, everyone has had a perfect day or at least a perfect event/experience. It may have been your grade 8 graduation or the day you learned how to drive a car or playing the perfect game of hockey where you were on fire or a simple yet beautiful day spent at the beach or the perfect day of vacation...think Mr B8...I know you got one in you somewhere!
            Thanks T.P.W.

I'm not saying I haven't had a near perfect day yet, just not the one I'd love to relive it over and over and over again, and I'm quite greedy, so lets just hope, that day comes soon enough.
            A real man never hurts a woman. The woman came out of a man’s rib, not from his feet to be walked on, and not from his head to be superior, but from his side to be equal. Under the arm to be protected, and next to the heart to be loved. - Mrs. workin_4_it

Comment

Originally posted by Looking4more View Post
              That's an impossible question to answer for me TPW. I have had so many great days. The day I married my beautiful wife is one. The birth of each of my kids are two more. Spending time with them all at Disney and other places make up so many more. Just can't choose one. Pretty cool question though.
              Hey L4M,

I am so delighted that you have had so many great days and if my question made you remember them in order to answer... then I say that I've accomplished my mission. Enjoy reliving those perfect days, my friend, if only in your memory!
              TPW
              Member of the Month Oct 2013
              Last edited by TPW; 09-27-2013, 04:38 PM.

Comment

Well, this summer we had a family reunion at my parents land. It was a sunny day, not too hot. Everyone was there from great grandparents, aunts, uncles, cousins, their kids and mine all laughing and running around bare foot. Good food, drinks, horse shoes,hugs, high fives, jokes, old stories (you know). There was more than 80 people there with NO arguments, every time I stopped talking (yes, this happens sometimes) I'd look around and see all these people who love each other. It was a good day. I was home.
                Draggin Trainer

Tikkun Olam

Comment

Originally posted by T.P.W. View Post
                  It's the weekend, so I thought we could have a little fun. How many of you remember the movie “Groundhog Day” starring Bill Murray? In the movie Phil (Bill Murray) is stuck reliving the same day over and over again. Imagine being in a similar situation? But unlike Phil, we were given the opportunity to live one perfect day over again? What idyllic day in your life would you choose to repeat?
                  EASY QUESTION! Hands down - Wednesday night! Yup. 2 days ago.

Wednesday just so happens to be my son's "movie night". He is so excited because he gets a whole night to watch a tv and have snacks. And yes, you guessed it, that frees up some husband/wife time. So Wednesday nights are exciting for every one!

It started as a typical day. Woke early. Went to work. Came home from work. Had dinner. We eventually made it to our room and just relaxed for 15 minutes. We were exhausted from the day. We just held each other and laid quiet until our energies got in sync (it's a tantra sex thing) and from the moment I leaned over started to mess around with her, I had one of those amazing nights when my EQ wouldn't give me anything less than 110%. It was incredible. We had the best sex of our life. We both came so hard. The next morning, while I was at work, she sent me a message saying how awesome I was in bed last night. Then later that day she told me I was so hard I made her feel like a virgin again. Holy crap man! I am Superman! I feel invincible!

OK, so yeah, if I could repeat that day over and over again for the rest of eternity? Aahhhhhh ... Heaven.
                  draggin
                  Last edited by draggin; 09-27-2013, 06:20 PM.
                  "with great EQ, comes great responsibility"

Comment

Originally posted by anonymity View Post
                    Well, this summer we had a family reunion at my parents land. It was a sunny day, not too hot. Everyone was there from great grandparents, aunts, uncles, cousins, their kids and mine all laughing and running around bare foot. Good food, drinks, horse shoes,hugs, high fives, jokes, old stories (you know). There was more than 80 people there with NO arguments, every time I stopped talking (yes, this happens sometimes) I'd look around and see all these people who love each other. It was a good day. I was home.
                    Oh yeah, if I can get my mind out of the gutter for one second, yes honey, that was a perfect day. Nice call.
                    "with great EQ, comes great responsibility"

Comment

The day I married my beloved because that day ushered all the other family and couple awesome days that would not have happened other wise. We are indeed very blessed!
                      ​Mrs. L4M
                      BDSM Safe, Sane & Consensual
                      Hubby's Routine

BPEL 6.5 +1.5 ~>8.0 02/2013
                      MEG. 4.7 +1.3 ~>6.0 03/2013

Comment

Originally posted by MrsLooking4more View Post
                        The day I married my beloved because that day ushered all the other family and couple awesome days that would not have happened other wise. We are indeed very blessed!
                        Oh good just what I needed; syrup for my pancakes!! ( that was really sweet but way to early for me)
                        The world's still a toy if you just stay a boy!

Comment

Now, I'm just betting that with a moniker like "The Passionate Wife" (TPW) you would think I would choose my wedding day as my perfect day. Well, you'd be wrong. As delighted as I was to be marrying the man of my dreams I wouldn't want to repeat the day as a young bride dealing with the 11 nervous friends and family who were in our wedding party, the 450 guests, the 4 different locations for photos, the limos, the food, blah, blah, blah...don't get me wrong it was fun but oh so tiring.

Now, as a mom, you might think I would choose the day my perfect little daughter was born. Wrong again. I love, love, loved that she came into this world but to have to repeat the hard and fast labour (it only took 2 hours) and everything my body endured, not to mention my emotions...all I can say is OH HELL NO!

No, my perfect "Groundhog Day" would be the day we went to Florida to Disney World's Magic Kingdom -The Happiest Place on Earth (it's really is BTW). From the moment we stepped through those gates when it opened, it was magical. My husband, daughter and I were immediately approached by a member of the staff and asked to participate in a promotional event that was going to be filmed as a commercial! We agreed and were told to meet her at Cinderella's Castle at noon. We enjoyed the various rides, hoping to catch a glimpse of any Disney characters that might be nearby. We met Winnie-the Pooh (my personal favourite) but that was it. Our daughter was hoping to meet others but I knew that might be difficult. Just before noon, we arrived at Cinderella's castle and lo and behold...the whole gang was there! Mickey, Minnie, Goofy, Chip n' Dale, Cinderella, you name it; they were there! And the best part? We got to go onstage with them and dance and sing!! My daughter was in heaven. We were also now part of a commercial for Disney World that later aired in Canada and the US.

Now if that wasn't exciting enough, later that day, at the afternoon parade, our daughter was asked to join Beauty and the Beast on their float and help sing "Be our Guest" How amazing! It was such a perfectly fantastic day...a day that I would be happy to live over and over and over again!
                          TPW
                          Member of the Month Oct 2013
                          Last edited by TPW; 09-28-2013, 10:50 PM.

Comment

I have a few but I must pic one and I will not pick the obvious, my marriage or my childrens birth. I will choose either Team USA defeating Russia in the 1980 winter olympics, yes, the team that was truly teenagers and college players, not pros. We beat the best team in the world and it was fantastic.

My second is watching the sweep of the Philadelphia Flyers by the Redwings in 97.
                            Going an inch and 1/2 deeper than before

Comment

I know what you mean about all that wedding work TPW. To be honest me and my wife went to our hotel, we passed the hell out and did not even have the wedding fun until the next night. it was a ton of work and planning. Great day but I liked the day she said yes better.
                              Going an inch and 1/2 deeper than before

Comment

Working...
                              X