World of Supplements

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• World of Supplements

Here's an alphabetized list of PE-related supplements that I have been working on for awhile now. This list is not all-inclusive (obviously) and I'll be adding to it frequently. I also encourage others to give ideas of other supplements that we can add to the list. Included with each supplement is a small discussion on what it actually is, how it relates to PE (what it might do for you), side effects related to taking the supplement, and recommended dosages. I retrieved nearly all of this information from a variety of sources. It's also important to realize that for each supplement, YOUR PERSONAL results might differ from what is written. Some supplements work for people and not for other people. It's always wise to contact your local physician to discuss the implications of taking certain supplements, especially in relation to your own health. Groovy!

-----

AAKG:
    • An amino acid derivative commonly marketed as a body building supplement. It is a salt formed by combining two molecules of the amino acid Arginine and one molecule of alpha-ketoglutarate.
    • In PE, AAKG has been known to increase erection firmness and frequency. AAKG is hailed as a better and faster-absorbing alternative to taking L-Arginine.
    • Side Effects of AAKG are drops in blood pressure, minor headaches, diarrhea (in higher doses), and nausea.
    • Recommended dosage of AAKG is 1000mg-5000mg per day, and not to exceed 7000mg in one day.

CELERY SEED:
    • A traditional herb with a history of use as a tonic to promote digestion and fight inflammation. Celery Seed has also been used to treat high blood pressure, anxiety, and loss of appetite.
    • In PE, Celery Seed has been known to increase one’s ejaculate (cum).
    • Side Effects of Celery Seed are depleted potassium levels in higher doses.
    • Recommended dosage of Celery Seed is 3000mg-5000mg per day.

DAMIANA:
    • A traditional aphrodisiac of the Mayan people, Damiana is an excellent tonic for the nervous system. It is also valuable in the treatment of depression, painful and delayed periods, urinary infections, and as a sexual restorative for both men and women.
    • In PE, Damiana has been known to drastically, in some cases, increase the size of one’s testicles and ejaculate (cum). Damiana is also known to increase erection frequency and quality.
    • Side Effects of Damiana are nausea and jitteriness (in higher doses).
    • Recommended dosage of Damiana is 400mg-1200mg per day.

GINKGO BILOBA:
    • Leaves known for a number of medicinal benefits, including strengthening blood vessels, stabilizing cell membranes, and scavenging free radicals. It also supports healthy oxygen flow to the brain and peripheral areas of the body.
    • In PE, Ginkgo Biloba has been known to increase the frequency of erections for people suffering from erectile dysfunction because it promotes healthy blood circulation. Some people have reported that Ginkgo Biloba also increased the size of their testicles.
    • Side Effects of Ginkgo Biloba are dizziness and blood pressure spikes.
    • Recommended dosage of Ginkgo Biloba is 200-300mg per day.

GINSENG:
    • A Chinese/Korean/American/Siberian herb used to reduce the effects of stress, improve performance, boost energy levels, enhance memory, and stimulate the immune system.
    • In PE, Ginseng has been known to improve sexual performance and increase libido. Some people have reported noticeable increases in ejaculate (cum) while using a Ginseng Complex with Royal Jelly Extract.
    • Side Effects of Ginseng are headaches, nausea, and minor skin irritations.
    • Recommended dosage of Ginseng is to take no more than 1000mg per day.

GOJI BERRIES
    • Berries believed to enhance immune system function, improve eyesight, protect the liver, boost sperm production, and improve circulation.
    • In PE, Goji Berries have been known to improve erections and provide an increase in sperm production.
    • Side Effects of Goji Berries are possible nausea.
    • There is no real recommended dosage of Goji Berries per day.

HORNY GOAT WEED:
    • A leafy plant that is native to Asia and the Mediterranean region with very strong aphrodisiac qualities. Horny Goat Weed contains Maca.
    • In PE, Horny Goat Weed has been known to be a powerful aphrodisiac, increase erection quality and frequency, and increase ejaculate (cum).
    • Side Effects of Horny Goat Weed are nausea, dizziness, dry-mouth and nosebleeds.
    • Recommended dosage of Horny Goat Weed is 500mg-1500mg per day OR 1500mg 90 minutes before sexual activity (for a more immediate response).

LECITHIN:
    • Lecithin is the common name for a series of related compounds called phosphatidylcholines. It is found in many animal and vegetable sources, including beef liver, steak, eggs, peanuts, cauliflower, and oranges.
    • In PE, Lecithin has been known to be a very powerful aphrodisiac and can sometimes drastically increase ejaculate (cum).
    • Side Effects of Lecithin are nausea, loss of appetite, and production of over-production of estrogen (only in very high doses).
    • Recommended dosage of Lecithin is 1200mg per day and absolutely no more than 2400mg per day.

L-ARGININE:
    • An essential amino acid that plays an important role in cell division, the healing of wounds, removing ammonia from the body, immune function, and the release of hormones.
    • In PE, L-Arginine has been known to help obtain firmer erections, enhance sexual experience, and intensify orgasms.
    • Side effects of L-Arginine are drop in blood pressure, minor headaches, and diarrhea (in higher doses).
    • Recommended dosage of L-Arginine is 1000mg – 5000mg per day.

L-LYSINE:
    • L-Lysine is protein amino acid. It is classified as an essential amino acid for humans and therefore must be supplied in the diet. Certain proteins, such as those found in meat, poultry and milk are rich in L-Lysine.
    • In PE, L-Lysine has been known to help obtain firmer erections (in conjunction with L-Arginine).
    • Side Effects of L-Lysine include dizziness, loss of appetite, and nausea.
    • Recommended dosage of L-Lysine is 1000mg – 5000mg per day.

MACA:
    • A plant with a radish-like root that is used as a food and a folk remedy to increase stamina, energy, and sexual function.
    • In PE, Maca has been known to be a powerful aphrodisiac that improves erection quality and increases fertility.
    • Side Effects of Maca are headaches, minor nausea, and jitteriness in higher doses.
    • Recommended dosage is 450mg – 900mg per day.

PYGEUM:
    • An herbal remedy containing extracts from the bark of Prunus africana. It is used to alleviate some of the discomfort caused by inflammation in patients suffering from an enlarged prostate.
    • In PE, Pygeum has been known to increase the size of one’s testicles and increase pre-orgasm ejaculate (pre-cum).
    • Side Effects of Pygeum are nausea and gastrointestinal discomfort. Pygeum can also cause minor skin irritation in high doses.
    • Recommended dosage of Pygeum is 100mg-300mg per day.

STINGING NETTLES:
    • A leafy plant and perennial herb with a long history of use for a variety of health conditions, including hay fever and allergies, arthritis, and skin conditions such as rashes and burns. It is also used traditionally as a diuretic and sexual aphrodisiac.
    • In PE, Stinging Nettles have been known to increase one’s sex drive and libido.
    • Side Effects of Stinging Nettles are diarrhea and the need to urinate more frequently.
    • Recommended dosage of Stinging Nettles is 250mg-500mg per day.

TONGKAT ALI:
    • Tree root that works by increasing levels of the testosterone thus enhancing sexual desire. It is often used by bodybuilders to increase muscle mass and strength as well.
    • In PE, Tongkat Ali has been known to increase testosterone which will increase one’s sex drive and libido.
    • Side Effects of Tongkat Ali are restlessness, nausea, drops in blood sugar, and skin irritation (acne for the most part).
    • Recommended dosage of Tongkat Ali is 300mg-600mg per day.

TRIBULUS TERRESTRIS:
    • A flowering plant that is promoted as a sex-drive booster, derived from tropical regions but is now more commonly naturalized in the United States.
    • In PE, Tribulus Terrestris has been known to drastically increase one’s sex drive and is also known to encourage the production of testosterone.
    • Side Effects of Tribulus Terrestris are nausea and pain in the abdomen (in higher doses).
    • Recommended dosage of Tribulus Terrestris is no more than 650mg per day.

YOHIMBINE:
    • A hormone stimulant, particularly effective in the production of testosterone. Primary Uses: as an aphrodisiac affecting both the male impotence and female frigidity. Secondary Uses: in bodybuilding and athletic formulas where more testosterone production is desired.
    • In PE, Yohimbine has been known to stimulate sperm and testosterone production, increase one’s sexual desire, and give one firmer erections. Some people have reported significant increases in ejaculate (cum).
    • Side Effects of Yohimbine are nausea, headaches, dizziness, and raises in blood pressure. Overdoses in Yohimbine have been known to cause tremors, serious and painful rashes, insomnia, and hallucinations.
    • Recommended dosage of Yohimbine is 500mg-1000mg per day. It is highly recommended not to exceed 1000mg per day.

ZINC:
    • Mineral important to the activity of enzymes needed for cell division and repair. It also aids in proper functioning of the immune system.
    • In PE, Zinc supplementation has been known to increase ejaculate (cum) and raise testosterone levels.
    • Side Effects of Zinc are rare, but it is possible to overdose in Zinc which can be very toxic and dangerous.
    • Recommended dosage of Zinc is to take no more than 60mg per day (Zinc is consumed daily in one’s diet so too much supplementation can exceed the healthy intake causing Zinc Toxicity).

ZMA:
    • A supplement used by bodybuilders and athletes. It is a combination of two minerals, zinc and magnesium, and Vitamin B-6. All three of these compounds are important in biological processes.
    • In PE, ZMA has been known to increase sex drive and improve erection quality.
    • Side Effects of ZMA coincide with the side effects of Zinc. Too much magnesium can case diarrhea and gastrointestinal discomfort. Side Effects of Vitamin B-6 are agitation, sleeplessness, and muscle spasms.
    • Recommended dosage is to not exceed a dose of 60mg of Zinc, 500mg of Magnesium, and 15mg of Vitamin B-6 per day.
    Last edited by PESG; 11-15-2009, 10:46 PM.
    Everyone dies...
    But not everyone lives

HAPPY HOLIDAYS PE GYM!

Very nice, PESG. Very informative while also easy to read for those who are new to the world of supplements.

Comment

Thanks WMP. Now I hope people actually READ it
      Everyone dies...
      But not everyone lives

HAPPY HOLIDAYS PE GYM!

Comment

I have a question. When you give the recommended dosages, is it the extract or equivalent amounts? eg 1 tablet = 200mg equivalent to 1000mg of root...which is the amount that i should be following?
        Starting stats (BP): 6.69" x 4.88"
        Short Term Goal: BPEL 7" EG 5" Reached 21/11/10
        New Short Term Goal: BPEL 7.5" EG 5.5
        Long Term Goal: BPEL 8" x EG 6"

Restarted BPEL 6.7" x 4.9" 9/7/16

Comment

great post i was confused when i bought horney goat weeed

because it only told me what to take before activity...meaning sex

i wanted to find out what i should take daily....and now i did thanks a lot man!!

question about tongkat though.....wheres a good website to get it from gnc does not have it.....unless you know of another store that might have it in stock

Comment

Originally posted by treefern71 View Post
            I have a question. When you give the recommended dosages, is it the extract or equivalent amounts? eg 1 tablet = 200mg equivalent to 1000mg of root...which is the amount that i should be following?
            The recommended dosages that I have listed for each supplement is the total amount that is recommended to take per day. For example, if it is listed to take 1000mg per day of a particular supplement that comes in 500mg pills, you would take 2 pills.
            Everyone dies...
            But not everyone lives

HAPPY HOLIDAYS PE GYM!

Comment

Originally posted by Pretty1 View Post
              great post i was confused when i bought horney goat weeed

because it only told me what to take before activity...meaning sex

i wanted to find out what i should take daily....and now i did thanks a lot man!!

question about tongkat though.....wheres a good website to get it from gnc does not have it.....unless you know of another store that might have it in stock
              Vitamin World has it, pretty sure CVS/Rite Aid/Eckerd do, and you can buy it online at a place like Vitamin Shoppe.
              Everyone dies...
              But not everyone lives

HAPPY HOLIDAYS PE GYM!

Comment

11/15/09 - added "Goji Berries" to the list. I guess these taste pretty friggen good. I'm going to get me some soon!
                Everyone dies...
                But not everyone lives

HAPPY HOLIDAYS PE GYM!

Comment

Great post. Rep +
                  Tahksis' Progress Log
                  NBPEL\BPEL: 5.5\6" X EG: 4.5 - Started 4/12/10

Comment

Great work PESG, I plan on adding some more detail from a tcm perspective for a couple of those, in particular the goji and nettles.

I'll do this shortly
                    August 09
                    NBPEL 6.25
                    BPFSL 7 & 7/16
                    BPEL - 6.9
                    EG 5.4
                    Current
                    BPFSL
                    8 5/8
                    BPEL 7 15/16
                    EG 5.75 (approx 6" mid)
                    NBPEL - approx 7"
                    The mind is like a fertile garden in which anything that is planted, flowers or weeds, will grow. - Bruce Lee

Comment

I came across a similar list last night during my research but yours is much more indepth. Good thread!!
                      Old Gym Log - Tracking progress with the iLogPE App
                      "Wherever you go, there you are. Stay sexy, my friends."

Comment

I know this is bumping an extremely old topic but I was buying pygeum to receive its benefits but I purchased Swanson's Pygeum 500mg Pills. The recommended dose on this post is said to be 100-300mg. I don't want bad side effects... Am I going the wrong path with what I purchased or should I be safe?

Comment

Google it and see the recommended dose, the bottle must say also.

Comment

Its saying to take 2 a day... 1000mg versus 100-300 is a huge difference...

Comment

Good thread! Repped!

Comment

Working...
                              X