Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

A great big "THANK YOU" to all our veterans.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A great big "THANK YOU" to all our veterans.

I wanted to take a moment and thank each and every veteran that has ever served this wonderful country of ours. We have many here at the Gym that have served and they as well as all others deserve our utmost respect and gratitude.

Some people may not realize how much the men and women in uniform sacrifice serving our country and protecting our freedoms. Just spending time away from family is more than anyone should have to bear and others have sacrificed much more. I am not the best wordsmith so I wanted to post a few pics to help us remember what our veterans sacrifice for each and every one of us and their brothers and sisters in arms.

This soldier has obviously sacrificed much.
    6.jpg

This soldier is 23 year old Lance Corporal William Kyle Carpenter USMC.
    In July 2010, Corporal Carpenter deployed to Marjah, Helmand Province, Afghanistan in support of Operation Enduring Freedom. On November 21, 2010, while joining his team to fight off a Taliban attack in a small village the Marines had nicknamed Shadier between two villages nicknamed Shady and Shadiest, Carpenter suffered severe injuries to his face and right arm from the blast of an enemy hand grenade; after-action reports state that he threw himself in front of the grenade to protect a fellow Marine.

Lance Cpl. William Kyle Carpenter USMC.jpg

I know it's nowhere near enough but all I can say is
    3.jpg
    and may God bless each and every one of you.
    Looking4more
    Retired Moderator
    Member of the Month Feb 2013
    PEGym Hero
    Last edited by Looking4more; 11-07-2013, 04:36 PM.
    Bondage.
    Some people call it domestic violence.
    We call it foreplay.
    Got cuffs? GAME ON!

My routine and gains.

Thank you Veterans.jpg

Than you and your families from the bottom of my heart!
    ​Mrs. L4M
    BDSM Safe, Sane & Consensual
    Hubby's Routine

BPEL 6.5 +1.5 ~>8.0 02/2013
    MEG. 4.7 +1.3 ~>6.0 03/2013

Comment

That first photo always gets me. To see videos and stills of soldiers returning to meet their babies for the first time gets me every time.

Thank you to all veterans! I can never put into words my gratitude my family and I have for each of you and the sacrifice you and your family have put forth serving our country. You guys see more in one tour than I can ever fathom experiencing in a lifetime.

Prayers to each of you and your families that your experience serving our great country isn't shadowing behind you today. Thank you again and from the bottom of my heart
      Be a reflection of what you'd like to see in others.
      If you want love, give love.
      If you want honesty, give honesty.
      If you want respect, give respect.
      You get in return, what you give.

Comment

Thank you Veterans for your selfless service and the sacrifices you have made. This country would not GREAT if it wasn't for you. Words seem so empty trying to express gratitude to you all.
        I like to reminisce with people I don't know. Steven Wright

Comment

Thank you doesn't cover it. But Thank you and God bless.
          Draggin Trainer

Tikkun Olam

Comment

Thank you, to all the great men and women who have sacrificed so much to keep this great nation safe and free. Whether home or abroad, active or retired, or even gone. Your service to this country is not forgotten, and does not go unappreciated.

Thank you all, and God bless you.
            Going an inch and 1/2 deeper than before

Comment

big thank you to all the veterans

Comment

https://www.pegym.com/forums/gym/636...-comments.html

Comment

Love that thread Namso and fully agree. I never thought much of it when I was the one leaving I was young and single then. My Mom must have been scared to death to have her oldest daughter leave for the Army. I am much more appreciative now of her sacrifice even though my car accident ended my military dreams I still got to experience the great brotherhood and camaraderie.
                  I am also thankful for all the freedoms I enjoy because of all the sacrifices our Armed Forces and families make, freedoms that so many take for granted because they have never experienced the alternative. I am even thankful when I see people talking against our Armed forces, it gives me an opportunity to remind that thanks to them they can enjoy their freedom of speech to do so where in other countries it could mean imprisonment or even death.
                  Thank you for you VOLUNTARY service too all the men and woman that serve and for your families sacrifices when you do so.
                  ​Mrs. L4M
                  BDSM Safe, Sane & Consensual
                  Hubby's Routine

BPEL 6.5 +1.5 ~>8.0 02/2013
                  MEG. 4.7 +1.3 ~>6.0 03/2013

Comment

Thank You.

images (4).jpg

Comment

And I'm proud to be an American
                      Where at least I know I'm free
                      And I won't forget the men that died
                      To give that right to me

And I'll gladly stand up,
                      Next to you and defend her still today
                      Cause there ain't no doubt I love this land
                      God bless the U.S.A!

Lee Greenwood
                      CUSP82
                      Administrator
                      Admin of the Month Dec 2014
                      PEGym Hero
                      Last edited by CUSP82; 11-09-2013, 05:00 PM.
                      The world's still a toy if you just stay a boy!

Comment

Thank you to everyone who has served or is going to be serving our great country. The sacrifices that not only you make, but also the sacrifices that your family and friends make is appreciated and does not go unnoticed.

Having family in the military and some that have been deployed a few times, I know how scary it is for the families watching the news and waiting until their loved ones are in their arms again. I almost lost one of my younger cousins last year in Iraq. It was really hard to watch him go through multiple surgeries and watching my aunt cry over his bed. This was the first time it really hit home for me just how much is sacrificed to keep us safe. Thank God that he is doing better now. He is mad that he is still on desk duty, but at least he's alive.

When you see a person in uniform, tell them thank you, or buy their coffee or whatever you can do. Not only does it put a smile on their face, but it reminds them that they are loved and not forgotten.
                        I will never apologize for being me. People should apologize for asking me to be anything else.

Comment

I love this thread but I have to say that it feels like it isn't enough. I try to imagine what veterans have been through, especially those who went to war, and I know I can't. Even with a very active imagination and a solid knowledge of the atrocities they face it is not possible for me to understand.

I look at the picture of the father meeting his baby in Looking4more's original post and I can almost feel it through the screen. It's gut wrenching...and he's somebody who made it back. I look at the picture of the disfigured marine and know that this is only the most superficial view of his life. What kind of indescribable pain has he been through and probably continues to experience every day? What will he experience for the rest of his life? Again, these are the people who made it back...

We don't do enough. This thread isn't enough. This post isn't enough...but...for what it's worth I thank you, I think about it, I've never lost sight of the fact that we have been at war for more than a decade. I, and many others, have not forgotten, even though I am not from a "military family". I've had several students who were veterans (that I've known about) and I've tried to be there for them just a little bit more because...well...I don't know what they've been through but I want to show that I care and that what they did matters. Funny thing...they usually don't need any extra help from me.

Monday is Veterans Day. It's a university holiday so I don't have to go to work, I get the rare chance to spend the day at home in comfort with my family. Isn't that ironic?
                          Just a regular dick on a forum all about guys.

Comment

Respect.
                            A real man never hurts a woman. The woman came out of a man’s rib, not from his feet to be walked on, and not from his head to be superior, but from his side to be equal. Under the arm to be protected, and next to the heart to be loved. - Mrs. workin_4_it

Comment

Happy Veterans Day to everybody and especially to our veterans and their families. Thy all sacrifice so much on our behalf and surely don't get the proper recognition they deserve.

Thank you veterans!
                              And a special thank you to their families. Without your support, they wouldn't be able to do all that has been asked of them.

Have a most blessed day everyone.
                              Bondage.
                              Some people call it domestic violence.
                              We call it foreplay.
                              Got cuffs? GAME ON!

My routine and gains.

Comment

Working...
                              X