I hate lines!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I hate lines!

I was at the hardware store the other day waiting for one of two cashiers they had to make a purchase. It was just me, all by myself standing alone, waiting for one to say; "Next"! As I stood patiently waiting a man came up to me and asked if I was on line. I thought for a minute; can one person be "a line"? I looked at him and said; no I'm just waiting for the next cashier but if you get behind me I guess will have ourselves a line". Well he looked at me rather oddly and got behind me. I thought to myself; 'now we have a line". Well that line was short lived; the girl said next and away I went leaving the man alone. I looked back at him and wondered if he thought he was on a line or was he like I was before he came; alone. Gee if he felt alone maybe I should go back and stand with him so we could have our line back. Maybe that would make him feel better. Well, I thought better of it and paid my tab and left. I hope someone came and stood behind him!

I really hate lines. All they do is cause problems and they never are any fun. As a kid in school I was always told to get in line. Why? Well it was never for any fun purpose was it. It was usually to either go to another class or go to the bathroom, none of which was any fun. If you got in trouble, which rarely happened to me, you were sent to the "back of the line". Yes I did get used to the view from back there. And being online you were never able to get off of the line were you. The wrath of hell would fall upon you if you got off the line. I often did that, got off the line, just to see what really would happen. Well whenever I got off the line I was informed that I was off the line and that I should get back on the line, usually with a smack in the face by a very religious nun. On time I got off the line and when the nun told me to get back in line I said I was in line and all those other people were actually off the line. Well I guess she didn't think that one person could form a line so I got a beating and was put back in line!
    Besides having to get on line and not get off the line, do you know how many beatings I got for being out of line? I must admit no one ever hit me harder than when I got out of line and I'm not going to tell you what happened when I got way out of line! I really hate lines.
    So do you guys think that lines are fun? I mean can you tell me what kind of lines are actually fun? Movie lines? Well they're no fun. After I stand on line for 20 minutes then I get to spend 10 bucks to see a show that more than likely isn't worth in. Besides I have to wait. There really isn't much fun in waiting on a line. How about stop lines. Make sure you stop at the stop line. Hey stopping is no fun; I like going! The lines out at Best Buy starting on Thanksgiving night don't look at that fun to me.
    Lines are just no fun and just cause trouble. Do you want to start a riot? Try cutting the line; now there's trouble. You'll either get a beating for cutting the line or you'll have all these people actually acting like children yelling out; "he cut the line"! Who needs that!

Many years ago we had some guys who drew lines all over a map. I'll be damned but how many people were killed because of those lines? Way to many right? Now to make lines not seem as bad as they are sometimes we even give them colors. We had a president make a red line a while back about some country on a map that was made with lines. No one really knew what he meant by it but it turned out to be nothing but it was a red line alright. I really hate lines but if I had to have one I would like a red one. Hey it's my favorite color.
    People tend to draw lines don't they? Do they usually mean trouble? I think they do. You see once someone draws a line no one is allowed to cross it. Why? I don't know; they drew line and there will be trouble if you cross it. Did anyone ever say that if you cross the line that I just drew that I'll give you prize or something? Nope you'd get in trouble or a beating or start a war or something right?
    Lines also have a beginning and end; they're finite. Maybe one of the other reason I hate lines is because they remind me that all things, even this thread, must come to and end and endings are never any fun.
    To those of you who live your lives bound by lines well good luck to you.I could never do that. I like circles. See circles are all inclusive, they include things. Lines exclude things. Circles bring together; lines separate us. No one cares where you drew the circle or what color it is; hey it's a circle. Who cares? They do seem to care about lines, where they're drawn, what color they are, and whether you can cross them or not. If I have any piece of wisdom to give you it is this; live your life as a circle; lines suck!
    The world's still a toy if you just stay a boy!

Yeah, but if you keep going in circles, you start smelling your own ass! Sorry, couldn't resist

Can I have a squiggly line please?

Cuspie, I always like your totally random threads, filled with humor and little nuggets of greatness. This one is no different
    Be a reflection of what you'd like to see in others.
    If you want love, give love.
    If you want honesty, give honesty.
    If you want respect, give respect.
    You get in return, what you give.

Comment

Originally posted by someone_like_u View Post
      Yeah, but if you keep going in circles, you start smelling your own ass! Sorry, couldn't resist

Can I have a squiggly line please?

Cuspie, I always like your totally random threads, filled with humor and little nuggets of greatness. This one is no different
      Oh I just get so warm and cuddly and fuzzy when she calls me "Cuspie". No that's not flirting; she a redneck. You can't flirt with them unless you're related to them and they're under 16!
      The world's still a toy if you just stay a boy!

Comment

ha!!

Comment

At a Nascar track drinking beer!

I was in line behind a lady in a convenience store. She was buying lottery tickets an scratching them and then trading them for more. I stood in line and finally said something. I must have crossed the line because she glared at me.

She looks like she has done some lines in her day, I hate that crap. Maybe I should have put this in a place to rant.
          Going an inch and 1/2 deeper than before

Comment

Your growing on me cusp.. ur awesome!

Comment

strait lines 1/4 mile long are fun, beautiful lines of architecture can be breath taking, the lines I leave on the road behind the vette (squiggly) are a blast

Comment

[QUOTE=CUSP82;769557]I was at the hardware store the other day waiting for one of two cashiers they had to make a purchase.
                QUOTE]

Well right there is your problem. You probably weren't in a true hardware store were you. You were in one of those big box stores that ran the mom and pop shop out of business. I leave those monstrosities so pissed off sometimes, I avoid them now if possible. Sorry, probably should've posted this in the rant thread.

Comment

Working...
                X