Help with acne, home remedies ect.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help with acne, home remedies ect.

Teenager in my 19s and still having problems with acne, not cystic but mild acne not that severe. Of course my face but also my chest and back, and right now I drink lots of water I keep my diet in check, still doesn't help. Tried proactive and other store drugs but I can't seem to find something good out there for me, or right combinations of lotion cleanser all that stuff. I'd go to a dermatologist but right now that would be my last option as there's no job and its a bit pricey, so if any of you guys have had something work for you or if you use home remedies anything would be of a lot of help thanks
    Started 12/18/13
    Current Measurements:
    BPFL=4 in. FG=4.2 in. BPFSL=5 in.
    NBPEL=5 in. BPEL=6 in. EG=5 in.

Short term goal
    NBPEL=5.5 BPEL=6.5 EG=5.5

Long term goal
    BPEL=8 in. NBPEL=8 in. EG=7 in.

I went to the doc when I was about your age(now I feel old) for acne. Doc put me on amoxicillin to help with my acne. It worked very well. I quit taking it though because amoxicillin is an antibiotic I feared I would build up an immunity to it and it wouldn't work when I REALLY needed it. I will say though that your acne should go away in a couple of years. I would say from about the time I was 21 (28 now) I really didn't have a problem acne. I still have the occasional pimple but that's no biggie.

Comment

Alright hopefully it does im hoping, but as for something to at least help keep it clean you wouldn't have any suggestions? And you're still in ur twenties man not that old
      Started 12/18/13
      Current Measurements:

Short term goal

Long term goal

Comment

Bro try witch hazel. Dont take these medicines or use facial scrubs with all that crap in them it made my skin uneven. Im about to tell you what workwd for me and hopefully it can work for you too. Buy this

0005265100006_500X500.jpg

and this

download.jpgSheaButter.JPG

This is shea butter natural raw and organic. I used the witch hazel to get rid of the acne for like 3 weeks with cotton balls twice a day application. Then i bought the shea butter after to use as a moisturizer for my skin. Its really thick in melts in your hand and people get scared to put it on there face because it most definitely seems like it will clog you up but i assure you it will prevent future breakouts and keep you moisturized. I use it as a total body moisturizer. Try this combo bro its way cheaper than most things out there and it will most likely work for you.

Oh and the difference between the grey and yellow shea is that the yellow has spices and the other one doesn't. They both work the same but one smells a little different/better depending on what you like.
        lclutchl
        Last edited by lclutchl; 12-30-2013, 01:43 AM.
        BPEL- 8.25
        MEG-5.75
        BPFSL- 8.50
        NBPEL-7.00
        BEG- 6.25
        https://www.pegym.com/forums/members...-3-months.html

"If I told you I was good you'd probably think I was boasting, if I told you I was no good you'd know I was lying" - Bruce Lee

Comment

With body acne i was still struggling with this until i recently stumbled upon something that is helping me get rip of it. It was not even nothing i had to do really.. Its what i should not do. So i basically just put soap in my hands and rub it in manually when in the shower and dealing with a part of my body that has acne on it. If you rub and try to clean it really good it irritates it further and brings about more acne and makes the ones that are there stay longer. I just stopped touching it altogether except for rubbing soap on that part of my body (with my HANDS) while showering and putting on shea butter after to keep it moisturized. Try that too it could work. Its working for me but thats not done yet so i cant be sure it it will rid me off it. Heres hoping lol
          BPEL- 8.25
          MEG-5.75
          BPFSL- 8.50
          NBPEL-7.00
          BEG- 6.25

"If I told you I was good you'd probably think I was boasting, if I told you I was no good you'd know I was lying" - Bruce Lee

Comment

Thanks a bunch lclutchl! im going to give this a try when Im able to buy them online because I've never seen that around here in texas, but again thanks a lot brotha lets see if it does wonders for me
            Started 12/18/13
            Current Measurements:

Short term goal

Long term goal

Comment

Lets see how the body reacts as well thanks for the great info definitely put that to use
              Started 12/18/13
              Current Measurements:

Short term goal

Long term goal

Comment

Originally posted by based4life View Post
                Thanks a bunch lclutchl! im going to give this a try when Im able to buy them online because I've never seen that around here in texas, but again thanks a lot brotha lets see if it does wonders for me
                No problem let me know if it works for you
                BPEL- 8.25
                MEG-5.75
                BPFSL- 8.50
                NBPEL-7.00
                BEG- 6.25

Comment

Yeah I'll update on here man, one last thing I saw the witch hazel I can get at walmart, but where can I pick up that shea butter at?
                  Started 12/18/13
                  Current Measurements:

Short term goal

Long term goal

Comment

Beauty store or a place that sell natural herbs and spices for healing. Like holistic places.Or try online as well. Its usually those places that people look in but never go lol. Even though they are the best places to go
                    BPEL- 8.25
                    MEG-5.75
                    BPFSL- 8.50
                    NBPEL-7.00
                    BEG- 6.25

Comment

I had acne as an early teenager, I also suffered with hay fever, asthma and psoriasis...no matter what the doc's gave me nothing worked to clear my skin of stop my eyes itching...

I became a vegan and gave up all forms of junk/sugary foods for 6 months....all my problems went away.

In my case I was suffering from a bad diet and inflammation withing my organs.

So my answer would be adjust your diet, cut out a food group for a few weeks to see if you have an improvement,....I'd start with sugar.
                      6.7" length/ 7.1" BP
                      5.1" girth ( 28/06/2013)

7.0" length/7.3" BP
                      5.3" girth (08/01/2014)

7.3" length/7.5" BP
                      5.3 girth (08/04/2014)

Goal 7.5/6

Comment

^I agree. Your medicine should be your food and your food your medicine. The skin is particularly responsive to diet changes. Look into the effects of Lycopene rich foods (tomatoes, water melon, apricots, almonds etc,) these are excellent for skin ailments and acne.
                        Mighty oaks from little acorns grow!
                        Wolfemothers Progress Log

Comment

Green tea helps skin a lot. Also you should try out apple cider vinegar. If you want to drink it too then it's possible you get more acne because it detoxifies body and if the toxins want to come out of your face then you're gonna get some pimples, but in long run they should go away as toxins leave.
                          January 2014 -- BPEL 6.1 (15.5 cm) EG 4.72 (12 cm)
                          August 2014 -- BPEL 6.69 (17 cm) EG 5.12 (13 cm)

GOAL 1: BPEL 7.28 (18.5 cm) EG 5.51 (14 cm)
                          GOAL 2: BPEL 7.87 (20 cm) EG 5.91 (15 cm)
                          FINAL GOAL: BPEL 8 (20.32 cm) EG 6 (15.24 cm)

Comment

Tea Tree Oil, a natural topical antiseptic, has been found to be very effective for some acne sufferers as well.

Comment

I will tell you the Spanish people secret. We use two things organic honey and original Listerine. Use the Listerine (original) as a stringent when the acne is bad twice a day and then with a cotton coat the face with honey (which is natural antibacterial and antibiotic) mentioned in The Bible as cure for many things.

Once the acne clears only use the honey once a week for maintenance if you have a break out then add the Listerine and daily use. My Grandma passed in her 80's and still had great skin. Hope this helps.

If the Listerine is too strong you can use the witch hazel which you can find at Amazon. Avoid processed foods and sodas that should help alot too. Good luck!

Edit: During this process you must wash or change your pillow covers every two days until the acne is under control, then change it at least weekly.
                              MrsLooking4more
                              Retired Super Moderator
                              Member of the Month Feb 2013
                              PEGym Hero
                              Last edited by MrsLooking4more; 12-30-2013, 07:25 AM.
                              ​Mrs. L4M
                              BDSM Safe, Sane & Consensual
                              Hubby's Routine

BPEL 6.5 +1.5 ~>8.0 02/2013
                              MEG. 4.7 +1.3 ~>6.0 03/2013

Comment

Working...
                              X