2014 Winter Olympics

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2014 Winter Olympics

I am so excited for the Olympics!!! I absolutely love the winter Olympics...I have a strange fascination for events like speed-skating, bobsled, skeleton, ski jumping, and, dare I say, curling! Weird I know. So I thought we need a place to talk about it during the games (and maybe a bit of a preview right now) so here goes. Anybody else have a favorite event or something you are really looking forward to?
    Just a regular dick on a forum all about guys.

Seems to me the winter Olympics is all about different ways of going across ice or down hill in the snow - skis, sleds, or skates with or without obsticals. However, I find curling fascinating.
    Valued Member of 12+ years at the PEGym
    12/'09 (start) NBP EL - 4.5, EG - 4.4
    12/11 NBPEL - 5.1, MSEG - 5
    01/13 NBPEL - 5.35, MSEG - 5.1
    01/14 NBPEL - 5.35, MSEG - 5.25
    01/16 NBPEL - 5.4, MSEG - 5.5
    Fat Pad = 1+/-

Real cars have two seats. Everything else is a bus.

Comment

Maybe if it wasn't being held in Russia. That country needs a kick in the head not millions in revenue.

Comment

Today!

Comment

Originally posted by wightmanstretcher View Post
          Maybe if it wasn't being held in Russia. That country needs a kick in the head not millions in revenue.
          You know, this is probably worth talking about. There is usually some controversy or question about the readiness of the host city for the games. Now, I'm not the oldest person here but I've been around for a few decades of Olympics and this one does seem to have quite a bit more legitimate problems than others. Toxic water in hotels, shoddy construction in general, lack of generally normal hotel accommodations (like no tv's in rooms, no shower curtains, really small beds, doors that don't lock....). To be fair, I've also seen reports of people saying things are just fine there too.

And how about the ever-present and seemingly very real threat of a terrorist action of some kind? Essentially the Russians have a near-military zone established around the games and there are US warships are in the Black Sea for security!! I hope it all dies down and the concerns are for naught at the end of the games but for now it's a big story...

Comment

Curling; I sit riveted to my chair. I won't even let anyone talk during a match. I hear this year they're using Swifters instead of brooms! Now there's a "sport" only a Canadian could enjoy!
            The world's still a toy if you just stay a boy!

Comment

LOL cusp...even better is that it is customary in curling (apparently even at very high levels of competition) for the winners to buy the losers the first round of drinks...and generally the losing team reciprocates for the second round. Sounds like a fun sport to me!

Comment

Most detailed events schedule:

http://www.olympic.org/sochi-2014-winter-olympics
                trepan
                Last edited by trepan; 02-07-2014, 02:56 PM.

Comment

Steneo, there is a much bigger problem, the huge homophobia, its now a sport called Safari to hunt down and capture anyone in the LGBT community, torture, maim, humiliation, blind and even kill. The vids are posted online for everyone to see, the police protect the guilty, the goverment outlaw anything pro gay. That is just the tip of the iceburge. They are so backward its a joke, religions preaching everyone gay is a peado, that they are sub standard humans below dogs or cattle. It's widespread and accepted. If you can watch a UK chanel 4 program online called hunted then do it! Its why google is wearing the pretty rainbow colours today, in support and against the homophobia.

Comment

And that pertains to the Olympics how?

Comment

Its about hosting something as amazing as the Olympics in a terrible country, its blindingly obvious to the rest of the world, did you miss the opening?
                      Even Germany were out in support, how times change, well in some country's anyway lol
                      We all support our athletes, hope they do well.

Comment

Wightmanstretcher, you are right, the anti-gay laws in Russia are also one of the major, non-athletic issues surrounding this Olympics. Thank you for bringing it up, I simply forgot about it in my above post.

Comment

I watch it for our kids; I couldn't give a shit about Russia!

Comment

Just checked Team Great Britain's medal hopes and we have high hopes of medalling in Curling , Skeleton, Bobsleigh. Luckily i like all those sports so i'll definately be watching the action from rice Sochi.

Also enjoy lots of other sports at the Winter Olympics so the action should be riveting.

Comment

We always have high hopes. ..... lol

Comment

Working...
                              X