Lordosis correction

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lordosis correction

This is probably the most helpful forum I've been on so I thought I'd ask you guys for your advice

Lordosis is basically where my back goes inwards causing lower back pain and bad posture. I've done a bit of research and found that I need to strengthen my abs, hamstrings and glutes.. what exercises can I do to strengthen these muscles. Any advice would be great

Follow the links withing the topic to find more info and suggested exercises.

https://www.pegym.com/forums/prematu...aculation.html
    premE FAQ

Comment

This is a potentially dumb question you're asking, and here's why:

The spinal column is the supporting structure of the whole body. The bones and their surrounding muscles provide a pillar for the rest of the body to hang and engage from. The column itself is like a neural highway and is highly sensitive to any damage. The slightest tweak can keep you bed ridden for weeks. More serious injuries paralyze you. Just as Christopher Reeves.
      ...but I'm sure you already know all of this.

My point is that if you have a spinal dysfunction, where it is being bent out of a strong alignment, you do not want to go online and ask strangers who don't even know what "lordosis" means for advice.
      People who love to give opinions will see "Strengthen your abs? Yea do crunches! Strengthen the hamstrings and glutes? Yea do squats!" Don't do either of these movements without doctors permission.

You should talk to a physiotherapist or a doctor.
      Toadstool
      Last edited by Toadstool; 03-22-2014, 10:15 PM.
      "Know the rules well, so that you may properly break them" - The Dalai Lama
      Do not criticize the seed for not yet being a tree.
      Character is destiny - Sigmund Freud
      As long as I have breath in my lungs, I will make this happen

Comment

As a person that has had major back surgery, I would highly suggest going to a chiropractor to get some XRays. Physical Therapy may be able to help you. If not, they will refer you to a Ortho surgeon.

Your back is nothing to play around with. DO NOT start any type of exercises until you have seen a Dr.

This is coming from someone with 2 metal rods down both sides of my spine and 4 hooks holding them in place (2 attached at the shoulder blades and 2 attached to my ribs).
        I will never apologize for being me. People should apologize for asking me to be anything else.

Comment

From what I know of lordosis, you need to lengthen and relax certain muscles while simultaneously strengthening others.
          Do you do a lot of sitting in your daily life? Driving, desk job or whatever? Have you done bodybuilding in the past?
          "Know the rules well, so that you may properly break them" - The Dalai Lama
          Do not criticize the seed for not yet being a tree.
          Character is destiny - Sigmund Freud
          As long as I have breath in my lungs, I will make this happen

Comment

Working...
          X