How many kids do you have/want?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How many kids do you have/want?

How many kids do you have and/or want? I don't want any, personally, and it would be much harder for my future husband and I to find a child to raise, as the number of parents looking to adopt far exceeds the number of children up for adoption, and no matter what Angelina Jolie or Mariska Hargitay make it look like, it's not that simple to hop on a plane and head off to Russia or China and grab a child. Surrogacy isn't easy either. You have to find a woman willing to carry your child for 9 months and then hand it over and possibly never see it again.

I don't want kids and that's quite a deal breaker, and I feel quite alone in that endeavor.

We wanted 2, but because of medical reasons, we could only have 1. We still think about it sometimes, and it makes me sad that we couldn't have another child. We are happy that we only have one child as we can give her the life that we never had.

You may feel like you don't want any kids now, but that may change in the future. You would be surprised at how many women will be a segregate just because they want to see another couple happy.
    I will never apologize for being me. People should apologize for asking me to be anything else.

Comment

I have 1 son with Mrs Basset, we toy with the idea of having another now and then. I must admit I was a little worried about becoming a parent, but the whole time my wife was pregnant I was in heaven.

Becoming a dad is the best thing that I have ever done, even though I feel like I could strangle the little monkey sometimes, it's awesome being a parent.

Plus I get to play with my sons cool toys, did you know the have got light-sabres now with sound effects, that light up n stuff.

I think adoption is brilliant too, most people like have their own kids, but I think adopting a child could possibly be the biggest compliment you could give a human, actually choosing to care and be responsible for them, some people hate their kids.

Oh MrsW4I, I'm sorry for your troubles, I wish I could help.
      "Those who know others have knowledge,
      those who know themselves have insight.
      Those who master others have force,
      those who master themselves have strength". - Lao Tzu

Comment

Originally posted by Mrs. workin_4_it View Post
        We wanted 2, but because of medical reasons, we could only have 1. We still think about it sometimes, and it makes me sad that we couldn't have another child. We are happy that we only have one child as we can give her the life that we never had.

You may feel like you don't want any kids now, but that may change in the future. You would be surprised at how many women will be a segregate just because they want to see another couple happy.
        My boyfriend's parents feel the same way. Originally they were going to have a big family, and after he was born, his mom was diagnosed with ovarian cancer and ended up having her ovaries removed. It took them a while to learn to celebrate the fact that they were able to even have a child in the first place, and not mourn the bunches and bunches that they wanted and never got to have. That was also why his mother finally came around and accepted him: it is what it is, and he's the only one you're ever going to have.
        Wolverine22
        Last edited by Wolverine22; 04-19-2014, 10:08 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Wolverine22 View Post
          How many kids do you have and/or want? I don't want any, personally, and it would be much harder for my future husband and I to find a child to raise, as the number of parents looking to adopt far exceeds the number of children up for adoption, and no matter what Angelina Jolie or Mariska Hargitay make it look like, it's not that simple to hop on a plane and head off to Russia or China and grab a child. Surrogacy isn't easy either. You have to find a woman willing to carry your child for 9 months and then hand it over and possibly never see it again.

I don't want kids and that's quite a deal breaker, and I feel quite alone in that endeavor.
          Don't feel alone in that endeavor...........many people out there don't want kids. Let me tell you, I have 5 total.....2 are mine biologically with my ex wife and then my fiancee has her 2 plus her God daughter 60% of the time. Kids are a HUGE responsibility, financial drain and they cause alot of stress and worry. On the flip side, they bring joy and laughter to your life that you can't possibly imagine and the level of love you have for them just grows and grows and grows with each passing day.

I can tell you that my fiancee and myself are not, refuse to and won't even discuss having one between the two of us. It's not a "no" but more a "FUCK NO" response for both of us. Our kids are 16, 15, 13, 11 and 10. We're well passed the baby stage which is good because neither of us have the ability or desire to want to go through diapers and formula again.
          It's a tough job being good looking and hung :-)

Comment

I'd want a kid or two but probably just one. I am still young at the age of 19 so that time is quite a ways away from me. Depending on who I marry whether it is a guy or girl will make a bigger factor on this decision because of the difficulties of a same-sex couple adopting a kid.
            Aiming for a bigger, healthier willy!

Golf's progress log
            Start of PE (16.7.2013)
            BPEL: 6.75" MSEG: 5.25"
            Current (16.1.2019)
            BPEL: 18.7 cm MSEG: 13.5 cm

Foreskin regeneration is a possible way to undo circumcision

Comment

Too many! Funny but when I had 3 kids someone would always ask what did I have. I said one of each. No one ever questioned that!
              The world's still a toy if you just stay a boy!

Comment

Originally posted by CUSP82 View Post
                Too many! Funny but when I had 3 kids someone would always ask what did I have. I said one of each. No one ever questioned that!
                I would be embarrassed to ask what the third one was.

i have two sons and they have three kids between them, one of each
                Valued Member of 12+ years at the PEGym
                12/'09 (start) NBP EL - 4.5, EG - 4.4
                12/11 NBPEL - 5.1, MSEG - 5
                01/13 NBPEL - 5.35, MSEG - 5.1
                01/14 NBPEL - 5.35, MSEG - 5.25
                01/16 NBPEL - 5.4, MSEG - 5.5
                Fat Pad = 1+/-

Real cars have two seats. Everything else is a bus.

Comment

Did anybody adopt internationally? A friend of the family and his then-wife sunk $50,000 into going to Korea and adopting a boy and girl and then divorced less than a year later.

Comment

We have 3. The oldest is in college and the youngest is a jr in high school.

Comment

4 - Even split, 2 boys, 2 girls. Their mom marched my ass down to the clinic to get fixed after # 4. lol
                      Started - 6.25" NBP / 7" BP x 4.75" EG

Short goal -7.25"(goal reached!)NBP** 8.25"BPEL x 5.75" EG (goal reached!)

Long term goal - 8"NBP ** 9" BPEL x 6"EG

Comment

Got one biological daughter currently 7 months old,and one step daughter age 6 about to be 7. I would like a son,but life is extremely .....life. This world is no longer a place to raise children. Im done with kids,and am grateful everything was ok with my baby girl.

Comment

One son 9 months old and another bun in the oven not sure of the sex of the next baby but the missus is hoping for a girl 5 and a half months to go and once we have this one no more after that
                          Start Stats
                          27/07/2013

6.0 BPEL
                          5.0 MEG

03/07/2014
                          Current stats

6.9 BPEL
                          5.4 MEG

Year Goal
                          7.0 BPEL
                          5.5 MSEG

Comment

I have two - an adult son and nearly adult daughter (though she seems to be the older one). Both are from previous marriages (yes plural) and the wife and I are currently fine with a dog and cat. But I wouldn't be the same if it weren't for my children - and I like to think what they have done for me was all for the better.

Originally posted by Wolverine22 View Post
                            Did anybody adopt internationally? A friend of the family and his then-wife sunk $50,000 into going to Korea and adopting a boy and girl and then divorced less than a year later.
                            My boss adopted a young orphan in South America and it cost nearly that much just in legal fees, travel costs, and government expenses. His family was already very large though and he had other children who loved having a new younger brother.
                            "Aut viam inveniam aut faciam"

ATP's Routine
                            ATP's Success Story

Comment

I've got two little little girls the oldest 5, youngest almost 2 and they are by far the highlights of my life. I'm very introverted these days so my kids are best friends in a way and its been a tough year adjusting to life without them everyday since the ex and I separated but I still have them two nights a week and sometimes a bit extra through the days.

Comment

Working...
                              X