Tips to Avoid Turtling (Hard Flaccid)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tips to Avoid Turtling (Hard Flaccid)

Some people have been struggling with this lately. So, I revived this from an earlier thread.

TURTLING (Hard Flaccid): I’m assuming most people have seen a turtle before at some point in their lives. Am I right about this? When you walk up to a turtle, unless he is a particularly frisky one, he forces his head and neck into his shell. That’s what your penis does when you experience Turtling. I won’t go as far as to say it shrivels up, but it decreases in flaccid length dramatically but it maintains some level of hardness in the middle. Everyone at some point has experienced this.

Here's What MAY Be Causing Your Turtling or Hard Flaccid:

(1) Overtraining – Turtling can definitely occur if you have trained your dick too hard. Usually this means too much Jelqing.

(2) Intense Workout – This is not to be confused with overtraining. Sometimes your dick will turtle after PE if you have a good, intense workout. The key difference between the two is the longevity of the Turtling. If your dick remains turtled all day, all night, or doesn’t respond to stretching out, then you have probably overtrained. Turtling from an intense workout should subside from simply stretching your dick out after your session – or it should subside with 10-20 minutes after your session.

(3) Insufficient Warmup – this is self-explanatory. If you did a PE session without a warmup or a terrible one, than I have found this to be a cause of Turtling. Always warm up until your penis is red and hot, raring to go!

(4) Jelqing Pressure – your dick may turtle because you have applied too much pressure while Jelqing. Remember to use a soft grip. It doesn’t take much to get blood moving around in there. So you don’t have to choke your poor guy.

(5) Stretching too hard – Remember not to stretch hard enough to pull your dick right off. That’s bad, not to mention probably painful. Beginners should stretch lightly, just hard enough to feel a pull.

(6) Gym Workout / Cardio / Normal Exercise - Typical event. Generally, exercising will cause your penis to turtle and become small. The blood in your body is busy supplying your other muscles.

Ways to Reduce Turtling: Here are some ways that I have found that can reduce Turtling, or even stop it from happening all together:

(1) Lighten your Jelqing pressure (even if you think it is already too light)

(2) Try reducing your Jelqing. Not much. 10-15 reps can be the difference between overtraining and being just right. The goal is to find what is right for YOU.

(3) Reduce your stretching tension

(4) Increase your warmup time. If you warmup for under 8 minutes right now and you tend to turtle, try warming up for 10 minutes or more.

(5) Drink Green Tea! Yes, I have found this shit really helps with not only erectile quality, but it seems to give me a better flaccid too. I don’t know why. Kingpole has a wonderful erection tea. I personally hate ginger though but be sure to try that too. It helps! I drink a cup before bed every night.
    https://www.pegym.com/forums/exercis...-levels-2.html
    https://www.pegym.com/forums/exercis...ction-tea.html

(7) Jerking off too much can possibly cause Turtling. I’m not ready to say this for a fact but I am finding this to be somewhat true. I have had no signs of Turtling ever since I basically quit jerking off. Try edging instead!

(8) Daily Warm-ups. This is something I am also starting and I am encouraging some others to do as well. It’s quite simple. Try giving your dick a warmup session every day. Even on your days off. I do two warm-ups a day. I spend about 3 minutes in the shower with hot water focusing on my penis. When I’m done, I do 10 JAI stretches. I then warmup later on with my rice sock, usually at night. I think this can really really help!

(9) ADS (added by pe ZEN) ((NOTE: an ADS is an advanced technique not to practiced until you have at LEAST 3-4 months of PE experience.))
    Originally posted by pe_ZEN View Post
    I use ACE bandage, wrapped lightly around my flaccid penis after workouts for 4-7 hours: Healing in an extended state!!!!
    (10) If you have prolonged Turtling, for day and days, and none of these tips have helped you, you might greatly need some time away from PE. Try taking a week off, or 2, and then come back and apply some of these tips.
    PESG
    Last edited by PESG; 11-24-2009, 10:59 PM.
    Everyone dies...
    But not everyone lives

HAPPY HOLIDAYS PE GYM!

This information is spot on and I would recommend it as a sticky so it won't get lost. This is must read for everyone that is just starting or has been doing PE for awhile. Thanks for putting this together PESG.

I agree with the jerking off part as well, instead of masturbating use that time to train yourself to perform better. I also agree in reducing the number of times during the week that you ejaculate, this will produce a much plumper hanging unit throughout the day and increase much needed EQ. EQ and stamina rocks

Comment

Great post PESG!! I really hope the newbies take it seriously.
      Ol' McRemek had a Gym Eeee I Eeee I OOOooooo
      and at this Gym they stretched their dicks Eeee I Eeee I OOOooooo

https://www.pegym.com/forums/pe-theo...important.html

Comment

Great info,

I agree with hairtrigger, get this STICKYED.

(is that a word; should I say 'stuck'? lol)
        Starting Stats

NBPEL: 5.8"
        EG: 4.5"

Goal

NBPEL: 7.0"
        EG: 5.0"

Comment

YES! This has been a massive problem recently! Borderline pandemic amoung the noobs!

Great post PESG!
          One day your life will flash before your eyes, make sure it's worth watching - Look Alive
          Boost your sex drive ¦ Become a better lover

Comment

Im really not sure if my grip while jelqing is too hard, it feels comfortable and firm when I am jelqing and I dont feel any pain or feel it is too tight. Is there an acid test for seeing whether or not you are using the correct grip like a particular way your dick should feel while jelqing? Also when it comes to "what is right for you" when it comes to jelqing its very hard to tell especially for inexperienced people like me. I watch the videos to give myself the right technique and my dick feels fine after the work, warmed up and full of blood, again is there a specific way of knowing if you have overdone it because it isnt always easy to tell.

Comment

while properly sitting at my computer, since I'm not 100% at privacy at home, the turtling is bad, as much as 3" long! if you sit properly and straight, it will turtle for me. so I'm buying a penis sleeve to maintain it stretched when on computer and working out

Comment

Originally posted by PESG View Post
                Some people have been struggling with this lately. So, I revived this from an earlier thread.

TURTLING (Hard Flaccid): I’m assuming most people have seen a turtle before at some point in their lives. Am I right about this? When you walk up to a turtle, unless he is a particularly frisky one, he forces his head and neck into his shell. That’s what your penis does when you experience Turtling. I won’t go as far as to say it shrivels up, but it decreases in flaccid length dramatically but it maintains some level of hardness in the middle. Everyone at some point has experienced this.

Ways to Reduce Turtling: Here are some ways that I have found that can reduce Turtling, or even stop it from happening all together:

(1) Lighten your Jelqing pressure (even if you think it is already too light)

(2) Try reducing your Jelqing. Not much. 10-15 reps can be the difference between overtraining and being just right. The goal is to find what is right for YOU.

(3) Reduce your stretching tension

(4) Increase your warmup time. If you warmup for under 8 minutes right now and you tend to turtle, try warming up for 10 minutes or more.

(5) Drink Green Tea! Yes, I have found this shit really helps with not only erectile quality, but it seems to give me a better flaccid too. I don’t know why. Kingpole has a wonderful erection tea. I personally hate ginger though but be sure to try that too. It helps! I drink a cup before bed every night.
                https://www.pegym.com/forums/exercis...-levels-2.html
                https://www.pegym.com/forums/exercis...ction-tea.html

(7) Jerking off too much can possibly cause Turtling. I’m not ready to say this for a fact but I am finding this to be somewhat true. I have had no signs of Turtling ever since I basically quit jerking off. Try edging instead!

(8) Daily Warm-ups. This is something I am also starting and I am encouraging some others to do as well. It’s quite simple. Try giving your dick a warmup session every day. Even on your days off. I do two warm-ups a day. I spend about 3 minutes in the shower with hot water focusing on my penis. When I’m done, I do 10 JAI stretches. I then warmup later on with my rice sock, usually at night. I think this can really really help!

(9) If you have prolonged Turtling, for day and days, and none of these tips have helped you, you might greatly need some time away from PE. Try taking a week off, or 2, and then come back and apply some of these tips.
                Great post PESG! you forgot to mention ADS.

I use ACE bandage, wrapped lightly around my flaccid penis after workouts for 4-7 hours: Healing in an extended state!!!!
                6/15/07: BPEL = 5.5"; EG = 4.75" (not-serious pe)
                10/22/09: BPEL = 6.2"; EG = 5.1" (began serious pe)
                12/21/09: BPEL = 6.5" (+.3); EG = 5.4" (+.3)
                6/23/10: BPEL = 6.7" (+.2); EG = 5.5" (+.1)

Comment

Originally posted by pe_ZEN View Post
                  Great post PESG! you forgot to mention ADS.

This is a great way to prevent turtling, but we have to be careful. I wouldn't encourage newbies to try an ADS. I'll add it to the list though.
                  Everyone dies...
                  But not everyone lives

HAPPY HOLIDAYS PE GYM!

Comment

Excellent post, PESG.
                    "Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results." - Albert Einstein

Comment

Turtling happens at all stages of life. Since I started practicing p.e., it happens a lot less than it used to. My flaccid hang is unreal thanks to p.e. But it has been turtling more lately. Stress? The colder weather? Overdoing it? Who knows? All I know is that it will pass and my flaccid hang will continue to grow in length and girth.

Comment

So how long does the turtle go away after stretching too hard?

Comment

You are posting to a dead thread. If you want your question answered I suggest you start your own thread.
                          Sex is the great leveler, taste the great divider. - Pauline Kael

Comment

Working...
                          X