Murphy's Law

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Murphy's Law

Basically, it means: Murphy's law is an adage or epigram that is typically stated as: Anything that can go wrong will go wrong.

Last night I decided to have a few drink as the last few weeks have been really busy and stressful. I am after working on my thesis for the past four years and the final draft is due in on Tuesday, so was working away on it like crazy the past while. Had a few drinks, and what could possibly go wrong, but I spill a drink on my laptop, totally wrecking the keyboard!!! I have to have my thesis done by Sunday evening in order to get it printed and bounded on time, so this is literally the worst possible thing that could have happened!

Just wondering if anyone can cheer me up by telling me their horror stories where that old devil Murphy played havoc on your lives?
    League of Legends ​/ Top Performers / Pull the Chute

My Log / KITJ / KITV / Phallosan Tips / 2014 Challenge Statistics

Just recently I bought a new ( old ) truck for my business and the very next week my other truck had a rear axle failure. I thought to myself that it was a good thing that I just bought that truck. The day after that I was driving the other truck and the master cylinder failed, luckily no accident but I was now the owner of two trucks but they were both in the shop.

Murphy was with me in the second one that day. He knew I could not run my business on foot.
    Going an inch and 1/2 deeper than before

Comment

That sucks Kickin, sorry to hear that.

I might have one that will cheer you up. So, I'm MIG welding, crouching down. My weld hits a nasty spot, and blows hot molten sparks like fireworks.

One piece of slag goes right into my lap, and burns for a few seconds before my brain reacts. I jump up, and the slag, right about pelvis height, travels with gravity south. Yep, you guessed it. Right down to the worst possible place.

It gets better! So after bouncing around and doing some damage there, I start doing the dance, trying to get it gone. As it travels down my pant leg, it blisters my thigh, side of my calf, and finally comes to rest in my shoe at my heel, placing one final burn there.

Yep, good times. No fun with the Mrs. until it healed, too.

Any way a wireless keyboard will still work? Or is the whole thing toast?

Comment

Easy as all get out to remove your hard drive from a lap top. If it is a very common lap top, perhaps find a friend or go to a used pc store to see if you can finish it up for a small fee.
        FL 6.0"/MFG 5.75", BPEL 7.00"/MEG 6.5"

The Ultimate Jelq (The UJ)
        The Ultimate V (The UV)
        Testicle Jelq (The TJ)
        Heated Bundled LAS
        Ultimate Warmup Exercise

Comment

That story was even funnier to me, because "slag" is derogatory slang term that means slut haha!

The keyboard is toast, and now my laptop isn't even turning on so I am using the computers in the college. Fingers crossed my computer starts working in a few days when it has dried out.

Originally posted by workin_4_it View Post
          That sucks Kickin, sorry to hear that.

I might have one that will cheer you up. So, I'm MIG welding, crouching down. My weld hits a nasty spot, and blows hot molten sparks like fireworks.

One piece of slag goes right into my lap, and burns for a few seconds before my brain reacts. I jump up, and the slag, right about pelvis height, travels with gravity south. Yep, you guessed it. Right down to the worst possible place.

It gets better! So after bouncing around and doing some damage there, I start doing the dance, trying to get it gone. As it travels down my pant leg, it blisters my thigh, side of my calf, and finally comes to rest in my shoe at my heel, placing one final burn there.

Yep, good times. No fun with the Mrs. until it healed, too.

Any way a wireless keyboard will still work? Or is the whole thing toast?
          League of Legends ​/ Top Performers / Pull the Chute

My Log / KITJ / KITV / Phallosan Tips / 2014 Challenge Statistics

Comment

Originally posted by kickinthemebs View Post
            That story was even funnier to me, because "slag" is derogatory slang term that means slut haha!

The keyboard is toast, and now my laptop isn't even turning on so I am using the computers in the college. Fingers crossed my computer starts working in a few days when it has dried out.
            LOL...that would change the story a bit, wouldn't it?

Good idea from RBI!

Comment

Working...
            X