Alcohol

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Alcohol

I decided to make this thread to debate this topic of what you think about alcohol. Me, as a natural bodybuilder can't drink alcohol always. But I do so when I go out with friends like yesterday. I am 19 years old, and in my country, were I live, you can legally drink when you are 18. The thing is, when I go out, the reason I drink alcohol is because of how relaxed I feel after having some shots. Yesterday I started with about 3 glasses of beer I brought and then had 2 shots of tequila (drank it with ease) with some friends. Then we had 1 of vodka (drank it with ease). Then we also had some sprite and or juice mixed up with some alcohol. Had a great time, but is this healthy even if its for 1 night once in a while? I for one, have great resistance to alcohol probably due to genetics that my grandfather on my moms side gave me. He had a time were he was a very heavy drinker. And probably the reason why I am resistant to it. One time we went out with my mates, I had 7-8 glasses of beer and 3 shots the whole night. Never felt bad. Just happy and relaxed. My friends always tell me how I am the one who drinks most and that I can drink anything and never feel bad. My problem is that when I go out with my friends I drink a lot, not some. Do you think that even if its once in a while (maybe once every 2 weeks) it has a negative effect on my body? Also I am asking this because I know alcohol and bodybuilding don't mix too well. Share your experiences with alcohol and thoughts based on my thread.

As with most everything, moderation is the way to go. Several studies have shown that one or two drinks a day are healthy. However, alcohol in excess causes brain damage, even if done occasionally. Perhaps you have a lot of excess brain cell you can afford to loose.
    Valued Member of 12+ years at the PEGym
    12/'09 (start) NBP EL - 4.5, EG - 4.4
    12/11 NBPEL - 5.1, MSEG - 5
    01/13 NBPEL - 5.35, MSEG - 5.1
    01/14 NBPEL - 5.35, MSEG - 5.25
    01/16 NBPEL - 5.4, MSEG - 5.5
    Fat Pad = 1+/-

Real cars have two seats. Everything else is a bus.

Comment

Big thing too is to stay hydrated. I try to drink more water when I've had a few not only to sober up but also to offset what will be coming out. Also lessens the chance of a hangover the next day.
      Original/Current Stats:
      2014-09-01: BPEL 6.8"/NBPEL 6" MEG 5.0", BPFL 5"/NBPFL 4" FG 4.4"
      2019-03-16: BPEL 8"/NBPEL 6.75" MEG 5.2", BPFL 6.75"/NBPFL 5.5" FG 4.5"

Goals:
      Realistic: BPEL 8.5"/NBPEL 7.5" MEG 5.5"
      Optimistic: BPEL 9"/NBPEL 8" MEG 5.75"
      Dream: BPEL 10"/NBPEL 9" MEG 6.5"

Comment

As someone who has a terrible relationship with alcohol, I would recommend staying away altogether.
        Focus on the positive :D
        -----
        The dog in the bun represents my lifetime goal.

Comment

Yeh it's fine.
          League of Legends ​/ Top Performers / Pull the Chute

My Log / KITJ / KITV / Phallosan Tips / 2014 Challenge Statistics

Comment

Originally posted by aBone2pick View Post
            As someone who has a terrible relationship with alcohol, I would recommend staying away altogether.
            What's your relationship with alcohol bro?

Comment

Working...
            X