Should Country & Western be banned?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Should Country & Western be banned?

No one really likes it, so why does it still get played?

I'm being a bit of a troll here, I'll admit it it's OK if you can convince me that Country and western is more than something old age pensioners can line dance to on a Sunday afternoon. but I really, really dislike it!

Go on, convince me!
    The Newt's Progress

What a stupid challenge, "I hate something, convince me that my bias is wrong."

How about we try to convince you to change your favorite color while we're at it?

Comment

Yes! It doesn't matter if it's stupid, it's the challenge of the argument that makes it
      The Newt's Progress

Comment

Well, I thought it would be fun to have a debate. Never mind. I thought it would be a subject that would get people talking.
        The Newt's Progress

Comment

Is Lynyrd Skynyrd, Molly Hatchet or the Outlaws considered Country?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R82OM5tzcrk
          “The world will not be destroyed by those who do evil, but by those who watch them without doing anything” Albert Einstein

Comment

Originally posted by akaTrex View Post
            Is Lynyrd Skynyrd, Molly Hatchet or the Outlaws considered Country?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R82OM5tzcrk
            I think you have convinced me with one post!
            The Newt's Progress

Comment

I'd have to agree. I'm partial to music that utilizes an understanding of the basics of musical theory and composition. Sadly little of popular music lives up to this standard.
              Progress Log: https://www.pegym.com/forums/progres...gress-log.html

Comment

Everybody has different tastes in music. What do you listen to? There are probably many that would dislike your music. What about Rap music? I could never stand it and it should have been banned long ago, but yet thee are plenty of people that enjoy it. The point is that just because you don't like it and think it should be banned doesn't mean there aren't people who still enjoy it. The fact of the matter is that there are still bands making new music, radio stations that are still playing, so it must still be popular.
                To totally satisfy a woman sexually is not about having a large penis, it's about being a good lover.

Comment

Well this is te debate I was hoping to inspire, I don't mind rap I like the rhytem of it, I prefer metal but we are all different
                  The Newt's Progress

Comment

Don't mind me, I'm just a jaded classical musician!

Comment

Originally posted by phoenix09 View Post
                      Don't mind me, I'm just a jaded classical musician!
                      What do you play?
                      The Newt's Progress

Comment

Tough crowd aye Mr Newt?

I'm not a major fan of Country and Western, but that's not to say I don't like any of it, I do! But I also like rap, R+B, metal, rock, drum n bass, dance, classical, the list goes on!

For me the thing I love about music is either it has to make you want to move or it has to move you emotionally! If it can do neither of these, I just tend to class it as noise, but I still can't help but respect someone for trying to create something!
                        "Those who know others have knowledge,
                        those who know themselves have insight.
                        Those who master others have force,
                        those who master themselves have strength". - Lao Tzu

Comment

Well I do like Country and Classic Rock. I guess I'm showing my age. The one thing I have noticed is that some of the current rock is starting to sound more like the classic rock of my time. I have also started to notice that there are many younger people that are now starting to listen to classic rock. On the other hand there are many classic rock songs that would be considered country by today's standards.

I think a lot of correlates to our own unique personalities. I am an easy going homebody type of guy so I prefer an easier listening music. Everybody has different personalities and different tastes in music.
                          To totally satisfy a woman sexually is not about having a large penis, it's about being a good lover.

Comment

Like a debate?
                            ALL THE WAY WITH GOOD OLE JAY!

Comment

Originally posted by AlpineNewt View Post
                              What do you play?
                              The bassoon!

Comment

Working...
                              X