Building my dream reactor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Building my dream reactor

Sorry guys i'm having a 5am nerdgasm and I have to post this wonderful opportunity that I've been presented with:

I've been given the chance to build my dream fusor and I am fucking off the walls happy. I am converting the current reactor in my device into a beast. The reactor will use an irritation port that is close to the grid so I can maximize my neutron flux. I will use the top of the line turbo molecular pump so I can achieve pressures that are 1 trillionth of an atmosphere. The power supply that i've nicknamed big bertha is a fuckin monster, it will consume 12500 watts and when properly modified she will provide half a million volts!!! at 25 miliamps in a pulsed power mode. This is all to accelerate deuterium atoms to 2.3% of the speed of light. The power supply alone weighs 200 pounds and can't operate it at full power in my house because the supply alone consumes more power than my house does. If I did operate it at full power, the sheer current draw would trip my breaker. If the breaker wouldn't trip or explode or if I ran all of my household outlets to this single appliance and ran this beast at full power the sheer current draw would cause a localized blackout due to the sheer current spike and a it would crash my local power grid. As a result I'm moving my reactor to a new industrial location that can provide over 100 A. I have to shield this device because the x-ray flux would be ridiculous. I'm applying for an NSF grant so I can scale this prototype in progress down to a more manageable and portable size with hopes that I can mass produce this device. Wish me the best
    dhusky
    Last edited by dhusky; 03-05-2015, 04:59 AM.

Great Scott!!!! Do the Libyans nationals know you're building a time machine with their deuterium?!
    Sex is the great leveler, taste the great divider. - Pauline Kael

Comment

XD, they're Syrian nationals not Lybians .

Comment

I thought they were Chechens.?

Comment

The Chechens only want fission not fusion ^_^

Comment

You missed my reference, that was a "Back To The Future" reference.

It's the scene where Marty is filming Doc Brown's initial test run of his Delorean time machine at the mall, and Doc gets shot by the Libyan Nationals for stealing their plutonium - which he needs for the 1.21 gigawatts power source.

Freakin great movie!
            Sex is the great leveler, taste the great divider. - Pauline Kael

Comment

Working...
            X