Fathers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fathers

My father passed away several years ago. The day before he passed, he underwent a angiagram and was told that everything looked really good. I called to check on him but he was asleep so I decided just to wait until morning to say "Hi." I never got to speak with him.
    Too much was left unsaid.
    Pirate Diplomacy:
    The art of telling someone to go to hell and having them look forward to the trip.

Remember: If done right, there is no such thing as safe sex.

Damn man sorry to hear that but...i think you're being to hard on urself if its just one conversation you regret having with him there is no way you could of known that he was going that day...if there was a lot more unsaid like deep and meaningful things that you meant to say then everyone should read your story as a warning.

Comment

Talk Pirate; he'll hear you!
      The world's still a toy if you just stay a boy!

Comment

Originally posted by CUSP82 View Post
        Talk Pirate; he'll hear you!
        Amen to that!
        The name's Tamora...TVR Tamora...with a capital "T".

Lots of living to do yet unseen and a more stories yet untold!

Comment

I feel your pain Pirate.

Stay strong matey!

YARRRRRRRRRR!
          You never slow down, you never grow old!

Comment

Originally posted by Pirate View Post
            Those things don't need to be said, he knows.
            A Game of Bones. A Stretch With Rice And Fire.

Start1/04/15:BPEL:7.1 MEG:5.2 -1/07/15:BPEL:7.2 MEG:5.4

Edging For Premature Ejaculation./
            Pelvic Floor Balance./
            Minute Man'snKegel Master List./ Reverse Kegels./
            JP90 Routine./ Conditioning Your Wang.

Comment

Originally posted by Pirate View Post
              My father passed away several years ago. The day before he passed, he underwent a angiagram and was told that everything looked really good. I called to check on him but he was asleep so I decided just to wait until morning to say "Hi." I never got to speak with him.
              so sorry for your loss, Pirate. My Father is battling bladder cancer, I tell him I love him every chance I get. He has a hard time saying it to me, it's ok, just not what men say to eachother. I tell my 24 year old son and my daughter every day "I love You". With my piss poor health I nay never get another chance. Your father loves you Pirate, always has, always will.
              A prayer, is kinda the same as a "Like". If there are enough likes, God will take notice. So "Like" away please. My daughter needs your prayers. Thank You.

Comment

Sorry to hear about that Pirate. From seeing your posts, integrity, and down-right coolness on the forum and mod-room, I have caught glimpses into the Pirate we all know and love. I am sure your father was very proud of you. Sorry for your loss.
                League of Legends ​/ Top Performers / Pull the Chute

My Log / KITJ / KITV / Phallosan Tips / 2014 Challenge Statistics

Comment

Sorry for your loss Pirate. I had a different experience with my dad and it has left a huge hole in my life. I am glad for you sharing. It is good to look at your feelings and to share. We should as men be able to share our tenderness. Saying I love you, and meaning it is simply huge.
                  ALL THE WAY WITH GOOD OLE JAY!

Comment

If my understanding is correct (and quite often it isn't) Pirate has started this thread for members to share their loss and experience of father's lost.

I finally reunited with my father after many years when my parent's divorced, at that time I would have been around 30 years old. I was working from home when I got a call from his partner telling me to "get down there quick". He had a history of heart problems and I didn't need to be told what was wrong. When I arrived he was already obviously dead on the floor of his bedroom and the paramedics were in the process of packing up their gear. All I could say was, "Oh no!" at the sheer desperation of me not making it there in time and losing the father that I was so desperately in need of. I'll never forget the sheer indignity of him being carried down the stairs in a black plastic body bag...he was only 61.

My mother also died at the early age of 59 from a long battle with cervical cancer. Life can be so cruel.

Requiem aeternam dona eis, Domine.
                    Et lux perpetua luceat eis.
                    Fidelium animae, per misericordiam Dei, requiescant in pace. Amen.

The name's Tamora...TVR Tamora...with a capital "T".

Lots of living to do yet unseen and a more stories yet untold!

Comment

Originally posted by ta53ora View Post
                      If my understanding is correct (and quite often it isn't) Pirate has started this thread for members to share their loss and experience of father's lost.

I finally reunited with my father after many years when my parent's divorced, at that time I would have been around 30 years old. I was working from home when I got a call from his partner telling me to "get down there quick". He had a history of heart problems and I didn't need to be told what was wrong. When I arrived he was already obviously dead on the floor of his bedroom and the paramedics were in the process of packing up their gear. All I could say was, "Oh no!" at the sheer desperation of me not making it there in time and losing the father that I was so desperately in need of. I'll never forget the sheer indignity of him being carried down the stairs in a black plastic body bag...he was only 61.

My mother also died at the early age of 59 from a long battle with cervical cancer. Life can be so cruel.

Requiem aeternam dona eis, Domine.
                      Et lux perpetua luceat eis.
                      Fidelium animae, per misericordiam Dei, requiescant in pace. Amen.
                      I am sorry for your losses.
                      Death, and the loss of loved ones, is obviously part of the experience of life but it can be quite hard.

To be clear, I lost my father quite some time ago but I think about him every day. My regret is not so much missing him on his last day in this world, it is all the other times when I could have reached out to share with him my life, my experiences, and who I became as a man. Belatedly, I came to realize that I could have brought a lot of joy into both of our lives simply by calling a little more often.
                      That is a lot of bang for very little buck.
                      Share your life with the people you love and let them share theirs with you.
                      Pirate Diplomacy:
                      The art of telling someone to go to hell and having them look forward to the trip.

Remember: If done right, there is no such thing as safe sex.

Comment

Working...
                      X