Income inequality

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Income inequality

So, the Waltons, they own Walmart. This one family has more wealth than the bottom 40% of Americans combined. The top .1% richest people have more wealth than 50% of America combined. I am not against success, but this is craziness. the top 40 people have 50% of all the wealth. Is there a limit? I make $100k and still broke with student loan debt which I can't even refinance, car payment, mortgage, medical bills. This is craziness in my opinion. At least let me refinance my 35k school loan at 9.5% because I was a kid and had no credit.

Just curious what other opinions are. I feel like eventually this Country will be a couple rich guys and the rest poor people. Rich get richer, the poor get poorer.
    dmizzle
    Last edited by dmizzle; 02-03-2016, 12:11 PM.
    Start 3.16.15 - 7bpel, 6bpel, 5meg

Current 1.19.16 - 7.85bpel, 6.6nbpel, 5.3meg

Goal 1.19.17 - 8.5bpel, 7.5nbpel, 5.75meg

If you put your resources, credit, savings, etc, at risk, reinvest your profits, grow your business, then it is yours to do with as you see fit.
    You pay your taxes, pay employees so you keep/reward the worthwhile ones.
    Emulate/imitate the successful, not the losers.
    The government will grind up enough trees & print more money, we ain't running out any time soon.
    I think the government manipulates the poor, to the governments advantage; they want to be the ones running the public.

The terminology 'Income Inequality' is designed to manipulate the public, divide & conquer the masses.
    Dangler
    Senior Administrator
    ☼ Wizard ☼
    White Tiger Award 2015
    Last edited by Dangler; 02-03-2016, 12:25 PM.
    Valued Member of 11 years at the TheBiohacker
    Looks are deceiving, mirrors don't lie.

Comment

They work; they earn. Why begrudge? To me it's not easy going to sleep at night wondering about the welfare of tens of thousands of employees. Funny no one picks on the wealth of Soros or Gates or Jobs ( when he was alive). They do love to pick on Walmart.
      The world's still a toy if you just stay a boy!

Comment

Why can't you refinance your school loan?
        The name's Tamora...TVR Tamora...with a capital "T".

Lots of living to do yet unseen and a more stories yet untold!

Comment

Last time I checked the 1% had 47%. Now it's the .1% with over 50? Where are you getting these facts?

Comment

i think the 1 % has more wealth then 80% or more of the country i could be wrong but its definitely more then 50%

Comment

we should absolutely pick on these massive corrupt corporations. Who lobby politicians for their own gains.
              Many of them like google bring all that money which is supposed to help the economy. To tax havens around the world to cash out big time while the rest of america is waiting for this big get economy that we were promised.

Comment

The republicans like to preach. Lets make the rich richer so they can transfer their wealth to the people. That never happens because the rich don't spend their money. They let it sit and they hoard all of it. billions and billions of dollars of it. Not to mention the steady rise of production since 1900 with almost no rise in income since 1980. Americans are being robbed

Comment

And the last tiem someone tried to break up the federal reserve and banks... he was shot. Abraham lincoln also tried to break up the federal reserve. Was also shot... most likely wasn't because of the slavery.. but because of that desire to end the corruption

Comment

Well good ole Lebron James makes 19 million a year and has a net worth of 300 million dollars. How many people does he employ besides a maid and a landscaper?

Comment

The Walton Family Foundation has the deep pockets of a philanthropy big-leaguer but the public profile of a much smaller institution.
                      Second only to the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation in its spending to overhaul schools, the Bentonville, Ark., grant maker has long shunned publicity. The 23-year-old foundation, which also gives big sums to environmental issues, published its first annual report in 2007 and rarely grants interviews.

From the Philatropy Chronicle. Maybe they aren't so evil?

Comment

How about John Kerry & wife Teresa Heinz, you know the Ketchup empire ?
                        Lets take all their ketchup away! Wait, we still have the Rockefeller family ? There's Jay Rockefeller, senator from West Virginia.
                        Yep, them foxes have taken up nesting in the hen's house.

Comment

I do disagree with the idea of rich people just keeping their money. I have found rich people to be just the opposite. You can't make much money not doing anything with it can you? Oh you can make some but you make much more when you do something with it? You open up more businesses, make things, invent things, invest some of your money with some young guys starting a business in the hope you make more money. That's what I see.

Comment

Originally posted by dmizzle View Post
                            So, the Waltons, they own Walmart. This one family has more wealth than the bottom 40% of Americans combined. The top .1% richest people have more wealth than 50% of America combined. I am not against success, but this is craziness. the top 40 people have 50% of all the wealth. Is there a limit? I make $100k and still broke with student loan debt which I can't even refinance, car payment, mortgage, medical bills. This is craziness in my opinion. At least let me refinance my 35k school loan at 9.5% because I was a kid and had no credit.

Just curious what other opinions are. I feel like eventually this Country will be a couple rich guys and the rest poor people. Rich get richer, the poor get poorer.

I honestly get so annoyed with this notion that it's unfair that some people would prosper more than others. We can point to countless individuals who prosper beyond our wildest dreams, and yet what good does it do? It only promotes envy, jealousy.... and unhappiness. Why not be greatful for what you do have, and focus on how you can improve your lot in life?

I never begrudge the success and wealth of others, no matter how they attained it, as long as they didn't steal it or earn it through illegal means like selling drugs. If you can turn a 95 mph hour fastball around and send it 450'ft outta the park, and do that 30 times a year in the MLB you're gonna make millions! If you have the voice of Freddy Mercury or Frank Sinatra you're gonna make millions. If you have the intellectual genius of Bill Gates and can come up with an equally sophisticated software you're gonna make billions. Why? Because that's what the people want and are willing to pay for! Isn't this entire website dedicated to Penis Enlargement? If we were all hung like John Holmes none of us would even be here! But I don't see very many whining about what they don't have, as much as I see those interested in improving what they do have!
                            -Foldus,
                            L.G. Hanger,-
                            Owner/Licensed Master Machinist
                            www.lghangerllc.com
                            PEGym members get $10 off! Coupon Code PEGYM

Comment

I don't see very many whining about what they don't have, as much as I see those interested in improving what they do have!
                              Point well made Marlon.

Comment

Working...
                              X