money

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• money

Randy Seabrook WOW! So I think our pursuit of money is an easy way to pretend our lives have meaning. Money doesn't require anything of us, we can just use it and accumulate more lifeless things that give us the appearance of importance and power. But inside we are hollow. There is no fulfillment or nourishment from the pursuit of money. So we keep accumulating more and more of it in an attempt to fill our empty hearts, but it is never enough. We are not encouraged to feel responsibility to each other, to do work that feeds our soul. That is not our system. We are trained to take advantage of and use each other in pursuit of the empty reward of money. We are all hungry for meaning in our lives and I believe that this hunger will force us to change. This greed is breaking us all down.

Hardly profound or new.
    League of Legends ​/ Top Performers / Pull the Chute

My Log / KITJ / KITV / Phallosan Tips / 2014 Challenge Statistics

Comment

I like it because it is well and simply stated by a guy who is not a pro writer.
      It certainly isn't a new thought but certainly bares repeating given shallowness I see posted onsite daily .
      It is a simple thought, but I contend it is profound and implies a radical change in thinking and action.

Comment

This greed is breaking us all down

Myopic. He can only speak for himself.
        Valued Member of 11 years at the TheBiohacker
        Looks are deceiving, mirrors don't lie.

Comment

I like it because it is well and simply stated by a guy who is not a pro writer.
          It certainly isn't a new thought but certainly bares repeating given shallowness I see posted onsite daily .
          It is a simple thought, but I contend it is profound and implies a radical change in thinking and action.

Comment

Originally posted by Dangler View Post

Myopic. He can only speak for himself.
            He is talking about our society and I contend he is right.

Comment

Greed is good, it creates jobs. It's still survival of the fittest but no knives or guns required, yet. Usually, those without , want to steal it from those that do, one way or another, just like a Hyena steals a carcass from a lion the lion creates the wealth but the Hyena expects his share for no other reason than he can take it. Same thing today. Decide if you are a taker, or a maker.
              A prayer, is kinda the same as a "Like". If there are enough likes, God will take notice. So "Like" away please. My daughter needs your prayers. Thank You.

Comment

Originally posted by Party View Post
                Greed is good, it creates jobs. It's still survival of the fittest but no knives or guns required, yet. Usually, those without , want to steal it from those that do, one way or another, just like a Hyena steals a carcass from a lion the lion creates the wealth but the Hyena expects his share for no other reason than he can take it. Same thing today. Decide if you are a taker, or a maker.
                Yep this is the kind of thing that makes my point.

Comment

By the way this was a reply to something on facebook ,I can post the original article if anyone is interested.

Comment

The only thing I didn't include was that today, both the Hyenas and lions have politicians assist their efforts to keep either in power. They flock above like vultures waiting for opportunity, and neither liberal or conservative vultures care who wins the carcass They'll just change their tune to get what they can and keep their power. And the founders keep rolling over in their graves, we should be embarrassed that the politicians have been able to play us against each other
                    A prayer, is kinda the same as a "Like". If there are enough likes, God will take notice. So "Like" away please. My daughter needs your prayers. Thank You.

Comment

My theory is that people are basically good, but overwhelmed. We can't keep up with everything politicians are doing or voting on. We don't have time to read new articles/books/studies about new ways to handle our affairs. To top if off, we have brains that evolved for 50 person tribes in within a 20-50 tribe community. But have yet to develop a science/technology/culture that helps us fully understanding our complex society.

Similarly, our brains are evolved to always settle back to a default of slight apprehension. Hundreds of millennia of famines and predators and dangers have selected for a disposition that can't help but keep one eye looking over our shoulders for some potential calamity. No wonder we endlessly seek a little more protection (money nowadays) from the fears our subconscious ceaselessly stokes.

One day, (if we are lucky enough to still be on this rock), we will look back at our current government and economy the same way we currently look back at feudal kingdoms. Horrible for the average person to live in, but better than what came before.

Comment

Making money today is as simple as hunting to survive in the old days. Before you had to be physically fit to be able to hunt and provide food for you and your family. If you couldn't hunt or were unsuccessful, your family and you would die.

In the modern civilization, that was replaced by currency. Today, you need the brain skills to make money. Money will allow you to acquire the necessary food for you and your family. If you don't make money or too little, not enough food will be on the table. Perhaps thats why women for example have that attraction toward guys with money. Because in their native instinct, equals to a good provider of food. A good hunter. That is security. Is survival.

Comment

You're right!

When I go buy my groceries or pay my utility bills I'll just pay them with the kindness of my heart
                          Started
                          01-02-2015 BPEL : 7.25", EG : 5"
                          19-08-2015 BPEL : 7.75", EG : 5.2"
                          Goal : BPEL 7.75", EG 5.75"

Comment

So Jackxxx are you saying it's about fear?

Comment

Originally posted by Pegasus View Post

Randy Seabrook WOW! So I think our pursuit of money is an easy way to pretend our lives have meaning. Money doesn't require anything of us, we can just use it and accumulate more lifeless things that give us the appearance of importance and power. But inside we are hollow. There is no fulfillment or nourishment from the pursuit of money. So we keep accumulating more and more of it in an attempt to fill our empty hearts, but it is never enough. We are not encouraged to feel responsibility to each other, to do work that feeds our soul. That is not our system. We are trained to take advantage of and use each other in pursuit of the empty reward of money. We are all hungry for meaning in our lives and I believe that this hunger will force us to change. This greed is breaking us all down.
                              I think I agree with a lot of this, but not with the passion you seem to have about it.

People that put the pursuit of money over everyday relationships/friends/family might need to re-evaluate their life. Just like people that get jealous of other people's money need to re-evaluate their lives.

I don't think there is any problem with the pursuit of money though in general. Why shouldn't I be happy about getting a yearly raise for working hard and doing a good job? Why shouldn't I be proud of the extra cash I made to buy the new xbox or whatever?

In general my opinion is that money should be a personal goal and it shouldn't affect the way people feel about each other or how they think people will feel about them.
                              Starting(1-4-2016):
                              5.7 BPEL 4.5 MEG
                              Current:
                              6.15 BPEL 4.875 MEG
                              Goal :
                              7 BPEL x 5.5 MEG

Comment

Working...
                              X