Late-night Titans: Conan vs Jay

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Late-night Titans: Conan vs Jay

What do you guys think about Conan's exit from the Tonight Show, with Jay Leno taking the reins again?

As a huge Conan fan, I'm very disappointed, but optimistic that Conan will move to FOX, which is ultimately a much better network for him. After all, he's going back home. FOX gave him his career when he first started writing for "The Simpsons".

My opinion of NBC is much poorer than it once was. Our current rating system and our focus grouping that crap out of every show is the death of Entertainment I tell you.
    "I know you've been married to the same women for 69 years. That is marvelous. It must be very inexpensive."
    -Johnny Carson

Ezekiel 2:8--But you, son of man, listen to what I say to you. Do not rebel like that rebellious house; open your mouth and eat what I give you."

NBC is horrible. I watch that station for 2 reasons: golf and the Olympics (and the occassional football game)

But I never cared too much for Conan. Just never thought he was funny. Neither did I Leno.

My opinion, Letterman is the most humorous of all of them, but he's too damn liberal to stomach sometimes.

Comment

I think Letterman is funny, but I agree that he's too liberal. But then again so is the entire media. I want to see an openly conservative talk-show host ride into town and put Fallon and Kimmel and all of them to shame. But I'm afraid the conservative counter-revolution is only in its infancy. Carson was the last moderately conservative host of the Tonight Show, which would explain his great success.

I hear people like Craig Ferguson some. I think he's OK. But I don't like his shtick about drugs and crap. Or his British accent. What's with these British accent guys taking over our American television media?? The American Idol guy, the lanky, bearded meth-head guy from "Forgetting Sarah Marshall" and the list goes on.
      "I know you've been married to the same women for 69 years. That is marvelous. It must be very inexpensive."
      -Johnny Carson

Ezekiel 2:8--But you, son of man, listen to what I say to you. Do not rebel like that rebellious house; open your mouth and eat what I give you."

Comment

Originally posted by Rubirosa View Post
        My opinion of NBC is much poorer than it once was. Our current rating system and our focus grouping that crap out of every show is the death of Entertainment I tell you.
        You're right television is not what it was 20 years ago when I was growing up. I wasn't just entertaining, people kind of learned something from it.
        Start: 12/4/09 BPEL-7, EG-4
        Current: BPFSL-7 5/8, BPEL-7 1/4, EG-4 1/4
        1st Goal: BPEL-7.5, EG 5.5

Comment

Working...
        X