Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello Everyone, I think I have a rather unique (as in bad) story

Hi Everyone,

I just found this forum a few days and seems to be a lot of good information. I been particularly reading Minuteman's posts regarding routines for kegels/reverse kegels/root locks.....how important it is to keep the pelvic floor balance and relaxed.....how squats can actually help a lot with releasing pelvic floor tension and strengthening the pelvic floor muscle itself. I have read some of the success stories and to be honest, they almost sound too good to be true, but if there were not true I don't think this forum would have ppl like Minuteman actually investing their time, by writing and sharing their knowledge.

Ok a short story about myself, I have known about Kegels for the past few years now, I never had the discipline to stay consistent or learn how to do them properly in terms of sets. It is only after finding this forum, I think I have been doing Kegels TOTALLY wrong. A couple months ago I tried to get back into kegels again and I started off by doing 3 sets of three reps.......each rep I would try to hold the kegel as long as possible until it started shaking, then I would let it go. I would do this routine about 4-5 days a week. I started off being able to hold a kegel for 3 minutes, then eventually worked my way to holding a kegel for 35 minutes straight......yes no exxageration. I was able to achieve this within a month's time, however I stopped. I felt like I wasn't seeing any real progress. The only thing I noticed is that I no longer woke up in the middle of the night to use the bathroom (use to be a daily thing for me), even if I drinked a lot an hour before going to sleep. In terms of EQ tho, I saw absolutely no difference. I think it may have even made my pre E condition even worse by a little bit.

From what I have read on this forum, the whole time I thought I was making my pelvic floor stronger, I think I may have simply been making it weaker and tighter. Basically my question is has anyone EVER held their kegel that long before? Because I see so many guys talking about how it is difficult for them to hold it for even 10 seconds, hence why I feel my story is unique (in a very bad way). I'm starting to think something is seriously broken within my unit.

Any pointers are greatly appreciated!!
    JSlayer
    Last edited by JSlayer; 01-09-2017, 09:30 PM.

Wish I could help you. A 35-minute long contraction with any muscle is a long time. But the PC is a smaller muscle...

Welcome to the boards, though.
    "Know the rules well, so that you may properly break them" - The Dalai Lama
    Do not criticize the seed for not yet being a tree.
    Character is destiny - Sigmund Freud
    As long as I have breath in my lungs, I will make this happen

Comment

Working...
    X