Recovering from Rugby Tackle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Recovering from Rugby Tackle

Hi, all. Im in my late 30s and about 18 months ago, I had a bad impact on my pelvis that I then aggravated by spending hours on a bicycle as part of my recovery training. Long story short, I had developed "Cyclists Syndrome" which is damage to the pudendal nerve in the pelvis. I woke up one morning with no feeling in my pelvis or thighs... I am not married but hoped to be a father one day and I admit it, I teared up when I realised that this might be the end of my sex life.

In my town, Government healthcare is awful, I went to a GP and when I explained to him that it's probably some kind of pudendal nerve damage, I looked over his shoulder and saw he had searched for the nerve on Bing. Apparently, this is not taught in medical school.

I did a lot of research and took control of my recovery, yoga stretches, pelvic floor exercises, squats... and I went through various stages... the ability to get an erection has slowly returned, not as powerful as it was before the accident but Im probably at 85%. I experienced nerve pain at ejaculation, apparently this is a symptom of pudendal neuralgia but as I kept up the exercises, even that has resolved itself and things are relatively good now.

I joined the PE Gym because I don't think I can do the rest of the recovery on my own... I need the advice of a community of guys who know more than me. The two issues I have are, how can I increase penile sensitivity so that I can get back to the intense experiences I had before the accident? and is there any exercises I can do to increase ejaculation volume which has never recovered... I might be wrong, but sometimes I wonder if kegels (which is basically flexing Pelvic Floor muscles?) might be making things worse by tightening the Pelvic Floor.

Very grateful for your thoughts.

A physio who does pelvic floor work is the obvious go to .

How is your eq and libido?

Comment

Welcome to the forum!

Originally posted by Pegasus View Post
      How is your eq and libido?
      Along with recuperation for your injuries, these should be the priorities. It's likely once you start getting more mobile you'll begin to see a reversion to your former, healthy state.
      Want a FREE Month of Coaching? PM or email me for details- or CLICK HERE

The MeCoach Male Enhancement Coaching Service- For All of Your Male Enhancement Needs

Comment

It's really hard in Vancouver, Canada to find a physio / doctor/ anyone who does pelvic floor work but I will look harder. It might be worth even just sucking it up and paying a physio in Washington State.

Libido = never changed which was frustraing, has always been high like I am still 19.
        EQ = I don't know what that is. Apologies.

Appreciate your feedback.

Comment

Thanks, Big Al, for your encouragement. Can you tell me what EQ refers to?

Comment

Working...
          X