Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Strained Heart and Trouble Breathing

Hey guys,

I'm new here and this is my first post. I've been doing kegels for about two months now and jelqing for only about one. I've currently had to stop altogether because the jelqing and kegel exercises are REALLY straining my heart and as a result, I experience difficulty breathing for days afterward and feel super strained.

I'm only 24 years old, am a lifetime multi-sport athlete, eat a super clean vegan diet, and have never felt like this before ever. That all being said, I'm super confused why I'm feeling this way given my otherwise overall decent health. Could someone please explain why they think this may be occurring?

NB: To be honest, I feel as though I already know the answer so I'm guessing I'm mostly looking for confirmation here-- I think I WAYYY overdo it. My normal routine since I've added the jelqing in the past month has been sometimes up to over an hour and a half session per day.

I start by getting somewhat hard by massaging my penis with petroleum jelly, then slip on my Bathmates Spartan cockring, then do on and off jelqing and kegels. When I jelq I use the Penilizer jelqing device. My kegel routine involves rapid up and down quick contractions, long free-handed contractions, contractions suspending a hand towel for weight, and super intense contractions as hard as I can while gripping my penis. The kegels are mostly done without the cockring applied, but with the jelqing its always on. For my jelqing I mix that up between slow and super tight Penilizer strokes, alternating overhand hand grips at a medium speed, and squash jelqing where I jelq the first inch of my base and stop while pushing inward and upward on the head to create a squashing effect of my penis.

Just sharing that to be thorough with what I am doing. Though, I don't always go crazy and go over an hour. A lot of the times it's only been about 20 mins on average. But, I'm still feeling terrible and concerned for my health.

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated

Thanks!

Chris

Did you think about seeing a doctor because that is not normal at all.
    The world's still a toy if you just stay a boy!

Comment

Really? Not even with the extremely intense start I've had to my PE journey?

Comment

I am a lot older than you and I play a very spirited game of racquetball 3 times a week and don't feel that way and that's tougher than any pe exercises.

Comment

Welcome to the forum!

Your symptoms are very unusual and deserve medical attention! As an athlete (assuming your cardiovascular system is fit) you shouldn't be having those experiences.

If you have no anomalies you might want to greatly reduce the amount of jelqs and the like.
          Want a FREE Month of Coaching? PM or email me for details- or CLICK HERE

The MeCoach Male Enhancement Coaching Service- For All of Your Male Enhancement Needs

Comment

I'm no doctor, but your heart/breathing issues after you do PE could be an unrelated issue surfacing. What, if any, supplements do you take? What is your caffeine intake? What do you mean by "strained?" Are you getting heart palpitations? Tightness in the chest and/or shortness of breath? Things like that. Have you changed anything with your diet/supplements recently? For example: I went on the keto diet and a month later got nonstop heart palpitations and occasional shortness of breath. Turns out it made me sensitive to caffeine and nicotine. And... Have you made an appointment with the doctor yet?

Comment

I haven't made an appointment with my doctor yet.

I have a really annoying medical history. Was diagnosed with Lyme in 2015 after nearly three years of feeling terrible. Was put on a course of antibiotics immediately after my diagnosis and have felt no better to this day.

I don't drink caffeine at all. Don't smoke or do drugs, and at most have a beer or two once a week... but that's rare.

I've been getting heart palpitations and a sinking feeling that lasts only a brief moment. I'm getting light heart pain, tightness of chest under rib cage, and throat tightness.

Comment

Originally posted by Concannon View Post
                I haven't made an appointment with my doctor yet.

I have a really annoying medical history. Was diagnosed with Lyme in 2015 after nearly three years of feeling terrible. Was put on a course of antibiotics immediately after my diagnosis and have felt no better to this day.

I don't drink caffeine at all. Don't smoke or do drugs, and at most have a beer or two once a week... but that's rare.

I've been getting heart palpitations and a sinking feeling that lasts only a brief moment. I'm getting light heart pain, tightness of chest under rib cage, and throat tightness.
                Make one now.

Comment

Never heard of anything like this with pe . Suggest a doc.

Jumping into a kegel workout like that can cause problems especially given no reverse kegels .
                  However the symptomology is different.
                  Pegasus
                  Administrator
                  PE Gym Editor
                  PEGym Hero
                  Admin of the Month Mar 2015
                  Last edited by Pegasus; 06-29-2018, 04:01 PM.

Comment

I will. Thank you.

Comment

No pre-workout or anything like that? Occasional palpitations (a couple a day) are considered normal and most people never notice them. If you're having these symptoms and they're happening frequently throughout the day, you should definitely go see a doc. They'll most likely do an EKG and get an ultrasound of your heart. It could be caused by something as simple as diet, some less serious things, or more serious things. Depending on the frequency of what you're feeling, you would be justified in going to the ER if you can't get an appointment within a day or 2. Not to alarm you at all and not to stress you out about it. It's just something I recommend you get checked sooner rather than later.

Comment

A quick check reveals that lyme can have symptoms such as you describe.

Comment

No, no pre-workout or supplements at all.

I eat a high carb low-fat vegan diet which is very high in fruit and other naturally occurs sugars such as coconut sugar and cane sugar though. Maybe that has something to do with it.

I appreciate the feedback and concern! I'll definitely make an appointment and request both an EKG and a heart ultrasound.
                          Concannon
                          Last edited by Concannon; 06-29-2018, 04:22 PM.

Comment

@Pegasus

I'll definitely ask that they recheck that as well by doing another Western Blot test. Thanks!

Comment

Working...
                            X