Skeptic

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Skeptic

Hey all, I've been insecure about my size ever since I met my wife (then girlfriend) whose previous lover I learned (inadvertantly via an off-hand social media comment) was well-endowed. Ever since then I've had that tiny voice in my head that occasionally crops up and asks, "Could he please her better?" I also get ssomewhat frustrated during sex because certain positions seem more awkward than they should be if I had more length.

To be honest, I haven't even taken initial measurements yet because I'm still very skeptical. From what I recall from measuring years ago, I'm something like 5.75" FBEL. Not sure on circumference. Flaccid length bothers me the most because I vary so widely and seem to get awful shrinkage (definitely not a "shower"). My main fear about even researching any of this is that I'd be getting my hopes up for nothing. All the "legitimate" medical sites I've seen, authored by urologists, say this is complete BS. So my primary question is: Why should I believe otherwise? I see a lot of "success stories" here that I desperately want to believe, but it's all just numbers posted by anonymous strangers. Pics I've seen (correct me if there are better ones) could be anything from Photoshopped to simply photos taken at different stages of arousal showing a size difference.

My other major concern is my wife thinking I'm a crazy person. She has never complained in bed and has tried to reassure me on occasion when she has been vaguely aware of my insecurity. But if she had any idea that I was going so far as to research "dick exercises," or caught measuring my dick, I think her reaction would be some combination of pity, disgust, and fear for my mental condition. It's just plain embarrassing!

So I guess I'm just hoping that someone around here can convince me that this is all more than hocus pocus and "snake oil" (har har), and that these forums aren't simply for a bunch of neurotic men looking to stroke their "egos" together. I'm extremely wary of the fact that this site also has links/ads to buy products, which I'm sure helps pay the bills but also makes me question its credibility. The only reason I gave this site a second look is that there is so much free information the majority of whic doesn't endorse a specific product.

Anyway, I hope some of you understand where I'm coming from and can offer advice or support. If I had to set a goal (again, I hate to get my hopes up), I'd be tickled shitless just for 7" FBEL. And for those who post here and are still "exercising" after supposedly going from 5.5 to 8 inches,... All I can say is "wow."

welcome to the gym. While I can assure you that PE works I can do nothing to convince you. However if you give it a month I guarentee you your flaccid hang will be much better.
    Urologists stand to lose many millions if the fact that PE works was to be confirmed so what do you want them to think. The same that many doctors would tell you about a chiropractor. The medicine makers sure dont want to let you know a chiropractor can fix you.
    The other thing you should remember is that no matter the size of guys before you, your wife chose the man attached to your penis so your total package must be better for you than his package.
    Take a look in the beginner forum sticky threads in the beginners forum. Sart reading there and youll be able to make some decisions about how to get started.
    good luck and enjoy the gym.
    Going an inch and 1/2 deeper than before

Comment

Thanks BigO.. There is tons of info here. I guess I may as well give it a shot and do my own little science experiment to convince myself hehe... The only thing is I kinda need my workouts to be covert if you know what I mean. I wonder if a solid routine could all be done in the bathtub in a reasonable amount of time (using some sort of "bath oil" or baby oil for jelqs). Hmm...

Comment

I would just like to say don't be to scared of your wife catching you with your cock in your hands.. If you make the GREAT decision of starting PE exercises then you will need to find plenty of alone time but it will def be worth it..

07/25/2011
        BPEL 8.5"
        NPBEL 6.5"
        EG 5.49"
        Goal 09/27/2011
        BPEL 8.5"
        NBPEL 7"
        EG 5.6
        Current as of 09/27/2011
        BPEL 8.66" 22cm
        NBPEL 6.3" :(
        EG 5.65 =)
        New Goal 12/31/2011
        BPEL 8.66"
        NBPEL 7" let's try again
        EG 5.75"

Comment

Convince you??? No one here has to convince you. If you domt think it works then leave it at that. You really think ppl would waste there time doing this if it didn't work....think about it. Why would ppl pe for years with no gains? The worst that can happen is that you try and it doesn't work.
          05/07/11 nbpel: 5.0 x 4.5
          Flaccid:3.0
          Bpel:5.25

06/01/11:nbpel:5.25 x 4.5
          Flaccid:3.5 0r 3.75
          Bpel:5.5 x 4.5

06/29/11:nbpel:5.5 x 4.9/5.0
          Bpel:6 3/8 x 4.9/5.0

Short term goal: bpel 6.75 x 5.25

Comment

well man i kind of know where u are coming from. i had the same mindset as u have right now. but it is as Mia said.. u can just hope for the best and have a go at it.. but if u dont have faith in it to begin with then i wonder how much it will help you.

i have seen ppl say this works for years now. this is not the first time i have come across the term PE and jelq and kegel i saw these about 5 years ago. Fewer ppl thought this works back then but now the numbers has increased dramatically. some gain stories might seem unrealistic here but why go for them? why not try and make your own little success story? besides there are a lot of scientific facts in the forum. go and read them then google the terms and facts used... i am sure u can reach a rational conclusion without talking to some neurologists!

i have just started PE and hope to do it for a period of 3 months for starters. if i gain i'l continue if i dont then i'l just leave it at that and find someone who is content with whatever i have (not that my gf is not content, its just my ego thats making me do this)

good luck to you if u decide to start and welcome aboard!
            Stats

Current: BPEL 6" EG 4.5"

Current Goal: BPEL 7"+ EG 5"+

Permanent Goal: Depends on the response I'll get :P

Comment

I was skeptical also. It seemed like it was working for many others and why would so many be fabricating their gains. I am suspicious about some of the outragous gains though and I suspect a certain percentage are trying to gain attention by claiming ridiculous gains. My main concern was would it work for me though. I cant win at losing, as the saying goes. Others might not think so because of my job,the money I make, house, cars, toys, wife, etc. But im pretty critical of my achievements or lack there of in my mind. Ok, back on point. I have gained about .25" in length and about .3" in base girth. My mid girth is just now possibly showing some increase but im not sure yet. Although the tape measure doesnt necessarily show it, my penis seems to have more girth and weight than it did before, especially when I hold it. Im one of the hardest gainers here and I still got something out of it. In all likelihood you will surpass my gains in a couple of months and I have been doing this pretty consistently for a year. Good luck.
              Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety. - Ben Franklin, 1775.

Comment

Vern12- PE doesn't work, but I have nothing better to do than pretend my dick is getting bigger and write about it online with a bunch of guys I don't know because I am so incredibly insecure. NOT...... Just pulling your chain.

But seriously, I wasn't really sceptical, just more hopeful, so I thought I would give it a try. What did I have to loose. But, like you, I didn't mention anything to the wife for about 45 days. At that point we had been banging it out every night for about a week or two and she mentioned that something was different. So I came clean.

Like others said, give it a try and after 30 days you may have noticable improvements. But I don't believe big gains come easy for most. I know I am pretty dedicated. But it doesn't seem like too much of a hassle, more a labor of love. Heck I like my dick, and I like playing with it. So I am having fun with this whole PE thing, and my dick is getting bigger. Seems like a win - win to me.

Welcome abord!
                Start (04/25/2011): 6.875"BPEL x ~5.375" MSEG
                Current (2/27/121): 7.625" BPEL (+.75) x -5.875" MSEG (+.5)
                My Progress Thread

Comment

Actually this doesn't work I have 1500 posts mostly bullshitting about politics and what not.

Comment

1600 actually.

Comment

Hey thank you for the replies. I noticed after posting by searching the word "skeptic" that there have been a handful of these threads before, and the back-and-forth seems pretty repetitive.

Someone like me comes along and asks for "rock hard" evidence (pun intended).
                      PE believer says it doesn't work like that, just try it for yourself, how could we all be liars, etc.

Honestly, I'm still 50/50 about whether this has some validity or if it's a "pipe dream" (so many puns)! Some of the enthusiasm and zealous dedication borders on religious fanaticism, and we all know there are plenty of people in the world who believe in some outlandish shit. That being said, I wouldn't want to take anybody's faith away from them no matter what they have faith in... After all, just believing you have some control is therapeutic even if you don't.

Bottom line, I like playing with my dick as much as the next guy, so I'm going to give it a shot. However, I'm going to be very careful not to delude myself or make any kind of measurement errors that might bias my data. While I'm maybe 50% convinced that gains of < 1 inch are possible, I'm 0% convinced that gains of 2+ inches are physically possible, and basically feel sorry for anyone that deluded. Here's hoping I'm wrong!

On a medical sidenote, the whole "enlarging smooth muscle" argument is very shady for anyone who has taken more than high school Biology. You have no voluntary control over smooth muscle for one thing, and "flexing" or "stretching" the other smooth muscle in your body does not enlarge those organs (think about your intestinal walls which are lined with smooth muscle, or the walls of major arteries). To me, the only medical explanation that makes the least bit of sense to me is 1) stretching the suspensory ligament, 2) maybe causing enough minor connective tissue trauma to cause small amounts of scar tissue to widen the penis, and/or 3) perhaps jelqing distends the corpus cavernosum making it possible to fill with a greater volume of blood and increasing size.

I could see how maybe some combination of those 3 things (along with a little skin stretching) could result in modest gains. Anyway, thanks for hearing me out. It's definitely an interesting site and I'll definitely be the first to admit and rejoice if this works for me. I don't half-ass anything, so I promise to be diligent and give it a chance to work.

Comment

Who did you have for high school biology? I had Brother Ormond. Man what a tough bastard he was. I hope yours was better. Anyway there are lots of theories as to why this works and how and etc.The short of it ( no pun intended but you started with the puns) is that somehow it does. Stay consistent, do a good routine, and see what happens in a year. Or look at it another way; where else can you play with your best friend and call it exercise!
                        The world's still a toy if you just stay a boy!

Comment

I agree it would be nice to have more pictures, but you can't honestly expect more proof than that. If you're going to use the "could be photoshopped" criticism, then there is no photographic evidence that you can accept unless you know it has been evaluated by an expert. Just not going to happen on this site. I initially had issues with the lack of photographic evidence, but then I tried setting up a good shot of myself with a properly hard erection and having it next to a clearly visible tape measure, but found it quite hard. So I couldn't really ask other people to do what I couldn't, and it's just not something everyone wants to do for various reasons.

Yes, there is a bit of zealotry here, but it's an internet forum, so as with any you've got your zealots, your trolls, what have you.

Comment

Have you seen a pop up on this web site that says "Buy this book and you will gain 4 inches in two weeks".

No you haven't. All the information and excersices is FREE!

TRY to find one hour a day, 5 days out of a week, and you will see changes in one month's time.

I know how you feel about the whole wife thing. I was like a ninja the first month of doing PE. Then I pretended to be casually looking around on the internet, and said oh look at this babe. I think I'm gonna give that a try!

I eventually let her in on the whole thing. She actually likes it, because I told her how I'm not only doing this to give her more pleasure, but to give myself a healthier dick as well.

Find a good routine and stick with it for a month. I started with 30 second stretches each way. 100 wet jelqs the first week. 200 wet jelqs the 2nd week. I have a good one hour routine that works for me, 30 minutes of that routine is just wet jelqing. (slow and steady wins the race with these excersises).

Good luck in whatever you choose to do!
                            Stats:

6-11-2011: nbpel 6.25, mseg 4.25
                            7-7-2011: nbpel 6.5, mseg 4.5
                            8-11-2011: BPEL 7, mseg 4.5
                            9-11-2011: bpel 7 1/8, mseg 4 5/8

Newblood

Comment

Originally posted by Vern12 View Post
                              I wouldn't want to take anybody's faith away from them no matter what they have faith in...

Bottom line, I like playing with my dick as much as the next guy, so I'm going to give it a shot. However, I'm going to be very careful not to delude myself or make any kind of measurement errors that might bias my data. While I'm maybe 50% convinced that gains of < 1 inch are possible, I'm 0% convinced that gains of 2+ inches are physically possible, and basically feel sorry for anyone that deluded. Here's hoping I'm wrong!
                              Yes I have faith, I have faith in the Ruler. I also know how to measure, having an engineering degree and spent years in a manufactuing environment. Measuring in a temperature controlled room because we had to be more accurate that 1/10 of 1/1000 of an inch. So using a ruler to measure to an accuracy of 1/8" isn't exactly rocket science. My conclusion after 4 months, either my dick is getting bigger, or my ruler is getting smaller.

But maybe PE won't work for you. It is not easy to get your dick to deform. I spend maybe 2 hrs per day either hanging, working on length, or jelqing, working on girth. The results have been very satisfactory in my opinion. But popping a pill and sprouting an extra 4" in length, this is not. Time, dedication, persistence and knowledge are the only thing that are required.

I have still to prove to myself whether gains of 1+ inches are possible. But I don't worry about that. I just keep my immediate goal in sight and move forward.

A journey of 1,000 miles always starts with the first step. After 30 - 90 days report back to us how you are doing. Best of luck to you.
                              Start (04/25/2011): 6.875"BPEL x ~5.375" MSEG
                              Current (2/27/121): 7.625" BPEL (+.75) x -5.875" MSEG (+.5)
                              My Progress Thread

Comment

Working...
                              X