Calorie counters unite

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Calorie counters unite

So, I am controlling my intake to a daily calorie max of 1500.
    Meals, breakfasts, snacks, lunches, dinners, are all pre-purchased, to help me lose some weight, whilst keeping suitable nutritional needs met.

Anyone else counting their calories ?
    Valued Member of 11 years at the TheBiohacker
    Looks are deceiving, mirrors don't lie.

Always, the clean bulk never stops!!!
    My Work

ARTICLES:

Comment

Sure I love counting them as I eat them.
      The world's still a toy if you just stay a boy!

Comment

I dont know exactly how to count them and how much of everything i need daily. I think i should improve my eating habits by calculating everything. Becouse now i just eat any time and anything

Comment

I count carbs. Both calories and carbs are listed in the Nutritional box on the the outside of most all food packages. However, the are listed per serving size so it is important to check the serving size because most guys eat more than the serving size so you may need to calculate the amount of calories/carbs in your portion.

If your portion is 1.5 servings and each serving is 200 calories, than you are consuming 300 calories per portion.
          Valued Member of 12+ years at the PEGym
          12/'09 (start) NBP EL - 4.5, EG - 4.4
          12/11 NBPEL - 5.1, MSEG - 5
          01/13 NBPEL - 5.35, MSEG - 5.1
          01/14 NBPEL - 5.35, MSEG - 5.25
          01/16 NBPEL - 5.4, MSEG - 5.5
          Fat Pad = 1+/-

Real cars have two seats. Everything else is a bus.

Comment

And how much calories you should consume a day?

Comment

Originally posted by Tanzanas View Post
              If u have a normal BMI % then its 2000 k cals to maintain your weight. If youre trying to loose and you have a higher BMI% 1500 k cals is a great start. Also including working out 30 minutes 3 to 5 times a week. Thats kind of the base line start.
              People may not remember what you did or what you said but they'll always remeber how you made them feel. 😉

Comment

Thank you for sharing all the info i will start to count how much kcal i consume. It will be interesting !

Comment

If you google calorie counters , you can find plenty of free on line stuff to help you keep track.
                  Valued Member of 11 years at the TheBiohacker
                  Looks are deceiving, mirrors don't lie.

Comment

Being aware of calorie intake is one thing, but being award of composition of macronutrients is just as important. Sugars (not limited to cane sugar) and carbohydrates raises insulin levels, which helps the body store calories as fat instead of burning those calories. If you want to lose weight, try not to mix a lot of fat with a lot of sugars/carbohydrates. And if you have a serving that is predominantly fatty, wait at least 1.5 - 2 hours untill eating something that is pre.dom. sugary/carby. If you eat something high in sugar/carbs, conversevly wait 30 min - 1 hour for fatty foods. This of course is different from person to person, but a general rule.

Best of luck to your weight reduction!
                    Start, May '17: BPEL 7.2" x MSEG 5.5"
                    December '17: BPEL 8.1" x MSEG 5.9"
                    February '18: BPEL 8.2" x MSEG 5.75"

Long-term goal: BPEL 8.5" x MSEG 6.25"

Comment

Thank you for sharing all the info i will start to count how much kcal i consume. It will be interesting !
                      Good luck!! Keep us posted on how it goes
                      People may not remember what you did or what you said but they'll always remeber how you made them feel. 😉

Comment

Intermittent Faster here, and it's changing my life. I started at 205 lbs in August 1st and I'm at 188 lbs today, and I look and feel healthier than ever.

I'm eating ~1650 calories a day to lose 1.5 pounds a week. I fast from wake-up (7am) to 4pm (when I get out of work), and I consume the 1650 calories between 4pm and 10pm. It has done wonders for appetite control.

I highly recommend IF (Intermittent Fasting) to anyone looking to lose weight and control appetite. I'd link all the studies supporting IF, but I'm on mobile and I'm feeling lazy.

NastyNazgul
                        Last edited by NastyNazgul; 11-11-2017, 01:16 PM.
                        Starting stats (11/26/2006)
                        BPEL: 7.0"
                        EG: 5.0"

Current:
                        BPEL: 7.75"
                        EG: 5.5"

Follow my PE progress log.

Comment

That depends on your body age and how active you are. And many other factors that I don't really know how to gauge.

A long time ago I heard that a good rule of thumb is 10 calories per pound of bodyweight to maintain your weight with a sedentary lifestyle. Not sure how true that is.

Found a calculator online that supposedly accounts for the main factors. Enter calorie calculator into a Google search and you should find it pretty easy. For me with as active as I am it said I needed 3800 Cal a day to maintain or 3200 a day to loose a pound a week. Personally I don't want to loose it that fast. Right now I'm shooting for a half pound a week. I've gotten back into my old eating habits. Breakfast eat like a king. Lunch like a prince and dinner like a beggar with a small snack in between each meal.
                          Thumper39
                          Last edited by Thumper39; 11-09-2017, 08:25 PM.

Comment

I'm in my 30s and have always been heavily underweight. I tried counting calories many times and keep getting the same results. I made sure to count every thing and manually keep a log of everything. I even used online calculators to back be up. I'm 6'1 and ~145-150 lbs when eating normally. When I was counting, I was pushing over 4k calories and maybe gained 1-2 pounds over the course of a month. I say maybe because it fluctuated so I don't know what was solid or temporary. I always made sure to keep myself full and always weighed myself at the same times, but felt like I'd need at least 5k input to get anywhere with this. It became too tiring and I eventually stopped.. Even if I could gain an extra 5 lbs, I don't feel like I'd have the energy to be able to maintain that.

I haven't counted my calories during my normal eating habits but I've quickly went back to my regular weight of mid-upper 140s. I'm thinking of just accepting the fact that I'll be a tall skinny dude for the rest of my life =\

Comment

Originally posted by jjoseph View Post
                              I'm in my 30s and have always been heavily underweight. I tried counting calories many times and keep getting the same results. I made sure to count every thing and manually keep a log of everything. I even used online calculators to back be up. I'm 6'1 and ~145-150 lbs when eating normally. When I was counting, I was pushing over 4k calories and maybe gained 1-2 pounds over the course of a month. I say maybe because it fluctuated so I don't know what was solid or temporary. I always made sure to keep myself full and always weighed myself at the same times, but felt like I'd need at least 5k input to get anywhere with this. It became too tiring and I eventually stopped.. Even if I could gain an extra 5 lbs, I don't feel like I'd have the energy to be able to maintain that.

I haven't counted my calories during my normal eating habits but I've quickly went back to my regular weight of mid-upper 140s. I'm thinking of just accepting the fact that I'll be a tall skinny dude for the rest of my life =\
                              There are several diseases that can inhibit your ability to gain weight. So have yourself checked out for hyperthyroidism, diabetes, and several different types of gastrointestinal issues. My daughter has gastrointestinal problems. She is 19 now stands 5'10" and fights to maintain weight. She gave me a grandson about 7 months ago and walked out of the hospital in the same clothes she wore before she got pregnant. The docs want her to be around 140 (she barely hit 140 while pregnant) But she's struggling to get above 110. And I'm telling you that this girl eats an easy 3k Cal a day.

Comment

Working...
                              X