Eggshell calcium powder

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Eggshell calcium powder

I heard about eggshell calcium powder from Ray Peat MD a nutrition expert, and he said eggshell calcium is the most healthy calcium source there is. It is healthier than calcium supplements which are contaminated with heavy metals and are made out of limestone which the body cannot utilize properly, causing it to stick to the arteries causing cardiovascular disease.

I also have read one person on the Ray Peat forum saying eggshell calcium made their boners better.

What are your thoughts?

Have a nice glass of milk or two a day and save the money. Hey you can always pig out on some good baked beans; loaded with calcium.
    The world's still a toy if you just stay a boy!

Comment

Originally posted by CUSP82 View Post
      Have a nice glass of milk or two a day and save the money. Hey you can always pig out on some good baked beans; loaded with calcium.
      Check this out: https://saveourbones.com/osteoporosis-milk-myth/

https://nutritionfacts.org/2017/01/3...one-fractures/

In short: Milk acidifies the blood, causing a reaction by the body to buffer it with calcium leeched from the bones. This calcium is then excreted in the urine, so milk causes bone loss.

Also, milk is the strongest food source that boosts IGF-1 which can promote cancer growth and is pro-aging in older people.

Lactose intolerant people get problems from milk, casein in milk can cause health problems for casein intolerant people and milk can cause gut flora alterations which can cause health problems.

Comment

The IGF-1 could play a role with PE though, what do you think?

Comment

I don't know wether milk is good or bad. It might all be horseshit that milk causes acidification and bone loss. My point was, that to be on the safe side, those that want more calcium in their diet could opt for eggshell calcium. Now you've said @CUSP that milk is more inexpensive but if you eat eggs in your diet you can just keep the eggshells until you have a bunch and then boil them in water, dry them in a oven and then grind them into a fine powder in a coffee grinder, leaving you with a calcium carbonate supplement free of charge!

Comment

Originally posted by Nikitis View Post
            Check this out: https://saveourbones.com/osteoporosis-milk-myth/

https://nutritionfacts.org/2017/01/3...one-fractures/

In short: Milk acidifies the blood, causing a reaction by the body to buffer it with calcium leeched from the bones. This calcium is then excreted in the urine, so milk causes bone loss.

Also, milk is the strongest food source that boosts IGF-1 which can promote cancer growth and is pro-aging in older people.

Lactose intolerant people get problems from milk, casein in milk can cause health problems for casein intolerant people and milk can cause gut flora alterations which can cause health problems.
            Sounds like the sorts of story vegans make up.

My bones would have fallen in on themselves long ago if it was true .
            Don't believe everything you read on the net.

Comment

Milk leaching calcium from our bones? I find it hard to believe but we've been duped by all these lobbyist groups over the past 50-60 years that we now don't know the truth about anything. The medical journal that is quoted on that funky webpage was from 1997 and interestingly enough it doesn't mention who funded the study. As someone in the medical industry I can tell you the honest truth that no study is done for the goodwill of mankind - it's all about the mighty dollar. And I can also tell you that if a study was funded by say the vegetarian industry (as an example). and the results were not "favourable" to the group funding it, then at the first check-in the study would be cancelled. No hospital or university wants their funding cut, so we'll fudge it just enough to make everyone happy...

Bottom line, as Pegasus said, don't believe everything on the net and especially medical journals unless you spend time researching first who funded the study...

If only things were simple and lobbyist groups were not allowed to influence government and medical studies were funded by government and not "self-interest" groups...
              Original/Current Stats:
              09 / 2017: BPEL 6.75" / NBPEL 6" / MEG 4.75" / BPFSL 7.25"
              09 / 2019: BPEL 7.625" / NBPEL 6.625" / MEG 5" / BPFSL 8.125"

Realistic Goals:
              BPEL 8" / NBPEL 7.0" / MEG 5.25"

Comment

The acid thing is a line vegans like to push . Not exactly mainstream science . Has a lot of backing amongst some fringe groups, you should hear them carry on about meat how acid it is yada yda.

Comment

content removed
                  Dangler
                  Senior Administrator
                  ☼ Wizard ☼
                  White Tiger Award 2015
                  Last edited by Dangler; 01-05-2018, 05:48 AM. Reason: Spam first post. PERMANENT BAN!

Comment

Try it and see if it's better. I do sometimes chew up small bits of eggshell I get protein from other sources though. I am lactose intolerant but I always drink milk because I love to drink it with cookies, cake, cereal, etc... There are too many sources of protein to just stick with one, like penis enlargement exercises there are many so we can all benefit from them. Best of luck.

Comment

Calsium inside arteries is bad. It causes ed.

Comment

Originally posted by Pegasus View Post
                        The acid thing is a line vegans like to push . Not exactly mainstream science . Has a lot of backing amongst some fringe groups, you should hear them carry on about meat how acid it is yada yda.
                        Maybe here is a misunderstanding between academic and natural medicine. Academic medicine knows only accute acidosis, while natural medicine says there is a acid - base homeostastis and the body must keep the blood ph level constant at normal. To achieve this the body deprives minerals and such to keep the level. If someone is superacid this can be testet with ph test strips on the urine.

Actually this is one key factor for health. And some foods are acidic metabolized and some alkaline. It's recommended to eat 70-80 % alkaline and 20-30 % acidic foods.

Comment

Never ever take a calcium carbonate supplement or eggshell calcium powder without consulting with your medical doctor first. Taking a calcium carbonate supplement or eggshell calcium can cause milk-alkali syndrome which is metabolic alkalosis and hypercalcemia, which causes temporary kidney failure and can require hospitalization and lead to death in worse cases. This can especially occur when an absorbable alkali like sodium bicarbonate (also known as baking soda) is taken with it, or any stomach acid-lowering drug like PPI drugs. A calcium carbonate supplement and eggshell calcium powder can cause milk-alkali syndrome on its own without any alkali too. Please watch out people.

Comment

Working...
                          X