Testosterone levels very low!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Testosterone levels very low!

Hey all, just received some concerning test results.

I had a testosterone exam done a few weeks ago, and I don't really like what's come back.
    The results are as follows:
    Ferritin: 64 μg/L ---- reference values --> 22 - 322 μg/L
    Free Testosterone: 21.00 pg/mL ---- reference values --> 8.69 - 54.69 pg/mL
    Total Testosterone: 490.0 ng/dL ---- reference values --> 72 - 853 ng/dL OR 17.00 nmol/L ---- reference values --> 2.50 - 29.60 nmol/L

So, as you can see, despite being in the normal range, one mustn't forget of the critical detail: I AM 21 YEARS OLD.
    Everywhere I look, my testosterone would indicate I'm closer to the age of 60! I can't allow this!

I'm getting really worried about these results, can anyone here shed some insight on how to interpret this situation? And please, any help with raising these levels will be a godsend.
    My Progress Log - The Pink Mile
    Start - 24/03/2017: 6.0 BPEL; 4.75 MEG; 4.88 BEG
    Current - 24/07/2017: 6.5 BPEL; 5.0 MEG; 5.13 BEG
    1st Goal: 8.0 BPEL; 6.0 MEG; 6.0 BEG

Exercise and sunshine help raise T levels. Now did your doctor say anything?
    The world's still a toy if you just stay a boy!

Comment

Don't smoke if you do eat bananas

Comment

Originally posted by CUSP82 View Post
        Exercise and sunshine help raise T levels. Now did your doctor say anything?
        My doctor said it's normal, but he'd probably say a hatchet to the head is normal if there's no bleeding and I don't feel like I'm about to die, so his opinion is... questionable, quite often.

I already do exercise, and at the moment it's not been quite possible to get some sunshine going. Surely this can't be it, right? I've been doing very regular exercise for over a month now.

My concern is that, in general, it is very low, and I'd rather have it be close to the maximum limit rather than the lower limit or even average.

Comment

Originally posted by UglyBoy View Post
          My doctor said it's normal, but he'd probably say a hatchet to the head is normal if there's no bleeding and I don't feel like I'm about to die, so his opinion is... questionable, quite often.

I already do exercise, and at the moment it's not been quite possible to get some sunshine going. Surely this can't be it, right? I've been doing very regular exercise for over a month now.

My concern is that, in general, it is very low, and I'd rather have it be close to the maximum limit rather than the lower limit or even average.
          its almost 500. Thats not very very low by any means. Also it depends the time of the day and testosterone levels fluctuate. Id try changing your diet doing something like 40 % protein, 30 % carbs, and 30 % fat. Not enough fat can lower test levels. Lack of sleep can as well
          Pe log https://www.pegym.com/forums/progres...-pe-s-log.html

Comment

The reference range was written by an idiot.

I have done some work in this area I have created a thread with links to my other work . In total they detail that the reference range is plain wrong that anything under 500 is likely to cause issues and that is for a middle aged guy higher for a young guy. They show that natural methods can be effective in increasing test and give numerous methods on how to. Also some argument re ideal range.

Will send a link.

Comment

Here is the link read the last post then start at the begining and read it all . Then go to the links and read them.

https://www.pegym.com/forums/erectil...-libido-4.html

Comment

Originally posted by Pegasus View Post
                The reference range was written by an idiot.

I have done some work in this area I have created a thread with links to my other work . In total they detail that the reference range is plain wrong that anything under 500 is likely to cause issues and that is for a middle aged guy higher for a young guy. They show that natural methods can be effective in increasing test and give numerous methods on how to. Also some argument re ideal range.

Will send a link.
                I absolutely agree with the other post as well, using a range that includes both people under 30 and 70 year olds is nonsensical to say the least. In my case, even damaging, because then my doctor doesn't treat it with the importance it should be treated.

What concerns me the most is that any lifestyle changes I might do will have minimal effects at best. I already do karate nearly everyday, eat a good amount of protein everyday including protein shakes, do some light weightlifting which will start increasing in intensity fairly soon (just restarted a full cycle, as I'm doing with PE), and take a very complete vitamin supplement.

I know I'm a small guy, one look at me and you don't exactly get the 'smells of testosterone' vibe from me, but surely this is ridiculously low, and there must be something I can do to actually force my body to act like a real healthy man's body should, right?

Comment

I absolutely agree with the other post as well, using a range that includes both people under 30 and 70 year olds is nonsensical to say the least. In my case, even damaging, because then my doctor doesn't treat it with the importance it should be treated.

What concerns me the most is that any lifestyle changes I might do will have minimal effects at best. I already do karate nearly everyday, eat a good amount of protein everyday including protein shakes, do some light weightlifting which will start increasing in intensity fairly soon (just restarted a full cycle, as I'm doing with PE), and take a very complete vitamin supplement.

I know I'm a small guy, one look at me and you don't exactly get the 'smells of testosterone' vibe from me, but surely this is ridiculously low, and there must be something I can do to actually force my body to act like a real healthy man's body should, right?
                  You have not read the thread before writing this right ?
                  If you had done as i asked and read all i had asked you would know there are many possible ways for you to move forward .
                  You should also realise your test level is not "ridiculously" low . It can however use improvement and is certainly not at optimal level.

Comment

You have not read the thread before writing this right ?
                    If you had done as i asked and read all i had asked you would know there are many possible ways for you to move forward .
                    You should also realise your test level is not "ridiculously" low . It can however use improvement and is certainly not at optimal level.
                    Well, actually, I did read it, but the thing is, I'm already doing a lot of the things that were suggested for me to move forward. Granted, I started only a few weeks before the blood test was done, but surely that would have been enough to at least bring it back to normal, no? The only thing I've struggled with has been sleep, and to be fair it's been my biggest problem overall, healthwise, and in life. I'm just afraid it might have become almost chronic, so that my testosterone is also chronically low. I already take a multivitamin supplement with 100% RDV Vitamin D. I do strength exercise and karate almost every day. I eat well too. I know you said pollution could also be a factor, but I can't afford to just accept that, I need testosterone, my body has been constantly letting me down, I need to fix this.

EDIT:
                    I had actually skipped a link which will possibly prove to be very much worth exploring (https://www.pegym.com/forums/exercis...tosterone.html), hopefully I can still get my body back in action, the only thing I was a bit concerned about was that my doctor told me I could only improve my testosterone very marginally.
                    UglyBoy
                    Last edited by UglyBoy; 10-25-2018, 06:19 AM.

Comment

Well, actually, I did read it, but the thing is, I'm already doing a lot of the things that were suggested for me to move forward. Granted, I started only a few weeks before the blood test was done, but surely that would have been enough to at least bring it back to normal, no? The only thing I've struggled with has been sleep, and to be fair it's been my biggest problem overall, healthwise, and in life. I'm just afraid it might have become almost chronic, so that my testosterone is also chronically low. I already take a multivitamin supplement with 100% RDV Vitamin D. I do strength exercise and karate almost every day. I eat well too. I know you said pollution could also be a factor, but I can't afford to just accept that, I need testosterone, my body has been constantly letting me down, I need to fix this.

EDIT:
                      I had actually skipped a link which will possibly prove to be very much worth exploring (https://www.pegym.com/forums/exercis...tosterone.html), hopefully I can still get my body back in action, the only thing I was a bit concerned about was that my doctor told me I could only improve my testosterone very marginally.
                      From memory that thread you just mentioned contained 100 odd methods to increase test so yes there is a lot in that thread alone .
                      If you read all the studies etc on sleep you can see how that one single factor can be a big issue with substantial effect in and of itself .
                      My personal journey also seems very relevant to your case . Read it again it should be instructive.
                      In addition a single little known micro nutrient can have a big effect in some cases so something like boron that most people have never heard of.

Comment

From memory that thread you just mentioned contained 100 odd methods to increase test so yes there is a lot in that thread alone .
                        If you read all the studies etc on sleep you can see how that one single factor can be a big issue with substantial effect in and of itself .
                        My personal journey also seems very relevant to your case . Read it again it should be instructive.
                        In addition a single little known micro nutrient can have a big effect in some cases so something like boron that most people have never heard of.
                        Thank you again for helping me out, and I don't think I need to say but, that was a great thread you compiled for all of us. It should at least give me a chance at rebooting my early 20s, while I still can.

Comment

NoFap/Semen Retention.

Comment

Originally posted by theGOAT View Post
                            NoFap/Semen Retention.
                            Are there any threads with any data supporting this? I've heard differing statements, saying that it only did it up to a point, and then it actually started negatively affecting your testosterone levels, firstly past the 7-day mark.

Comment

Are there any threads with any data supporting this? I've heard differing statements, saying that it only did it up to a point, and then it actually started negatively affecting your testosterone levels, firstly past the 7-day mark.
                              This seems to be a cult/religous thing with the standard cult puesdo science behind it . There is some evidence that some very limited non ejaculation and i mean a few days perhaps a week can help test levels but after that no . The cultists go on extended binges.

Comment

Working...
                              X