Pygeum worth taking?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pygeum worth taking?

I read about the supplements that increased cum load and noticed one of the contents were Pygeum. Months ago, I’ve taken the supplement with great results. It took about a week to get thicker, but took longer for more pre cum. My loads were very thick and my balls were always full.

I did more research and realized they blocked DHT which is bad for men. Me being 21, didn’t want my DHT blocked and I also don’t have any prostate problems. I started taking it again for a week and once the supplement took affect within a week, my libido dropped. This didn’t happen the first time I took the supplement, so I stopped it for a week. My libido is now back to normal. When I first took Pygeum, I was bulking and thus my test levels were higher. I had no libido problems. I am now cutting, so I can’t purely judge the pygeum for libido loss, as I’ve been taking it for a week and am just now experiencing this.

I was wondering, if I kept taking the supplement for more than two weeks (When it takes full effect) and stayed past the libido loss until my body adjusted, would it be worth it? The only study that was conducted were many years ago that claimed to block dht.

Bump

Comment

Hmm don't know . If it does block dht that would be usefull for a lot of middleaged men.

Comment

It blocks the conversion of testosterone to dht. I don't think it completely eliminates DHT. I know it's great for people with prostate issues, but I'm 21. I won't be balding anytime soon, nor does it run in the family and I'm too young for prostate issues

Comment

Looking around the net i found this.

Further research is needed to determine if pygeum does exert this protective effect. Though one meta-analysis showed pygeum supplementation provides overall benefits for BPH, subsequent studies suffered from poor design and do not provide strong evidence.
          Pygeum has been shown to reduce BPH proliferation in vitro (in a test tube) by interfering with growth factors. It also has an anti-andorgenic effect on its receptor. Additional studies are needed to determine if this effect takes place inside the human body after oral supplementation.
          Unquote
          So there is not enough study on it to say anything conclusive but it appears to have an anti andro effect.

Comment

So I guess it's safe. I took it for a week with good results. But my EQ happened to drop when the effects kicked in. BUT, the day before my EQ dropped I had sex and went for three rounds. I was assuming it was ejaculating 3 times that made me have low EQ. My EQ didn't go back up until 3 days after I stopped taking the supplement.

Also before when I ended my first cycle, my arm hair started growing, so I figured the blocking of DHT caused to halt growth. I'll attempt to do more research to see if it's safe. If anyone else here takes Pygeum, I would love to have additional input.

Comment

The anti andro thing i would have thought to be a worry in your case? This would account for lowered libido.

Comment

Yes, but I can't wrap my head around why my libido didn't drop when I first took the supplement. I'm assuming because I was bulking then, and now I'm cutting. If it was because of my calories intake, I'd assume I should be having lower libido now.

Comment

Didn’t do a thing for me, but I’m 30 years older than you.
                  Start (01/01/18) BPEL=6.25, MEG=5.00
                  12/03/18 BPEL=7.25, MEG=5.00
                  Restart (12/01/21) BPEL=6.50, MEG=5.125
                  Current BPEL=6.50, MEG=5.125
                  Next Goal BPEL=7.00 MEG = 5.50

Comment

I'm still trying to figure out why it worked with no adverse effects the first time and now I had a negative reaction. Summing it up to calorie intake wouldn't make sense. Although test levels would've been higher while bulking when pygeum worked, I'm taking tongkat ali and tribulus while cutting. I'm also getting plenty of fats in my diet so my test levels should be about the same.

Comment

Tough to say, but I do think your age comes into play. My results, and being much older than you, didn’t pan out. Since you are so young, you may be just hydrating better. I feel after a certain age, the little buggers are not replenishing as fast as when I was 21.
                      Start (01/01/18) BPEL=6.25, MEG=5.00
                      12/03/18 BPEL=7.25, MEG=5.00
                      Restart (12/01/21) BPEL=6.50, MEG=5.125
                      Current BPEL=6.50, MEG=5.125
                      Next Goal BPEL=7.00 MEG = 5.50

Comment

I think the reason pygeum worked back then was because I was edging. I've stopped edging until recently and now I'm having some prostate issues due to not ejaculating. I don't masturbate and try to cut from sex or wet dreams.

When I took pygeum, I was able to edge without any issue while abstaining. I'll have to stop edging to prevent getting any more backed up since I'm no longer taking the supplement.

Comment

[be gone, evil spammer]
                          closed291
                          Retired Moderator
                          PEGym Hero
                          Member of the Month June 2016
                          Last edited by closed291; 12-11-2018, 12:23 PM.

Comment

Working...
                          X