Anything that works against balding?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anything that works against balding?

Anyone know of anything that actually works to prevent it / slow it down? Except for propecia /finasteride? I'm kinda scared of that drug to be honest, and I'd actually rather go blad than have a dick that doesn't even work anymore. So this is just something I found regarding side effects of propecia / finasteride: Problems of ejaculation (2.1-7.7%), erection (4.9-15.8%), and libido (3.1-5.4%). Maybe it's just me, but I feel like 5-15% of the people on the drug experiencing problems with erections sounds too high. You also have: 2.1-3.8% experience ED (being the most common one), followed by ejaculatory dysfunction and loss of libido. These numbers just sound too high, obviously some of the effects diminished by continued use of the drug, or when you completely went off it, but it's also very well established in medicine that people have experience permanent ED and other side effects from the drug, I don't know exact numbers of that though, probably not that common, but still pretty scary to think about.

Originally posted by Kent09 View Post
    Anyone know of anything that actually works to prevent it / slow it down? Except for propecia /finasteride? I'm kinda scared of that drug to be honest, and I'd actually rather go blad than have a dick that doesn't even work anymore. So this is just something I found regarding side effects of propecia / finasteride: Problems of ejaculation (2.1-7.7%), erection (4.9-15.8%), and libido (3.1-5.4%). Maybe it's just me, but I feel like 5-15% of the people on the drug experiencing problems with erections sounds too high. You also have: 2.1-3.8% experience ED (being the most common one), followed by ejaculatory dysfunction and loss of libido. These numbers just sound too high, obviously some of the effects diminished by continued use of the drug, or when you completely went off it, but it's also very well established in medicine that people have experience permanent ED and other side effects from the drug, I don't know exact numbers of that though, probably not that common, but still pretty scary to think about.
    I take it that you have read one of my previous posts, where I covered natural methods?
    BPEL:495123456789612345678971234567898 MEG:3789412345678951234567896
    This is not a race, its a marathon!
    :bounce:

Comment

https://www.pegym.com/forums/nutriti...-hairline.html
      BPEL:495123456789612345678971234567898 MEG:3789412345678951234567896
      This is not a race, its a marathon!
      :bounce:

Comment

Biotin, Saw palmetto, Stress less, Eat healthy unprocessed foods, massage your scalp, oil your scalp. There's plenty of ways to prevent/decelerate the process.

Comment

Google laser hat for baldness
          Valued Member of 12+ years at the PEGym
          12/'09 (start) NBP EL - 4.5, EG - 4.4
          12/11 NBPEL - 5.1, MSEG - 5
          01/13 NBPEL - 5.35, MSEG - 5.1
          01/14 NBPEL - 5.35, MSEG - 5.25
          01/16 NBPEL - 5.4, MSEG - 5.5
          Fat Pad = 1+/-

Real cars have two seats. Everything else is a bus.

Comment

I was on Finasteride but I quit today. I took it for about 5 months and my EQ actually went up. I quit taking it because some say it could hinder my PE gains. I have also read that some users claimed penis shrinkage from taking it. I am unsure if the penis shrinkage is true....but it scared me to stop taking it.

Comment

Thick_Unit
              Banned
              Last edited by Thick_Unit; 04-09-2021, 04:31 AM.

Comment

Korean wives beliefs about food that fights baldness:

"onions, jukyeom (sea salt stuffed into a bamboo tube and roasted), cucumbers, black sesame seeds, green tea leaves, a fishy-smelling herb known as houttuynia cordata, ginger, chestnuts, gourd stem and hot pepper"
                03/2015 Start <Able to last ~ 2 mins PIV>
                Thread
                12/2019 EL: +2.2 MEG: +1 <Able to last 60+ mins PIV>

Comment

There is always Ron Popiel’s Ronco GLH Formula #9 spray on hair.
                  Valued Member of 12+ years at the PEGym
                  12/'09 (start) NBP EL - 4.5, EG - 4.4
                  12/11 NBPEL - 5.1, MSEG - 5
                  01/13 NBPEL - 5.35, MSEG - 5.1
                  01/14 NBPEL - 5.35, MSEG - 5.25
                  01/16 NBPEL - 5.4, MSEG - 5.5
                  Fat Pad = 1+/-

Real cars have two seats. Everything else is a bus.

Comment

Recently, my older brother started balding. We didn't know what to do. On SPAM REMOVED I read several ways to reduce hair loss. You need to wash your head with drinking or boiled water, do a head massage regularly, wear a hat in winter and a cap in summer, eat healthy food. It is also advisable to take B vitamins. My brother did it all for a month and hair loss became really less.
                    Big Al
                    Administrator
                    PEGym Editor
                    Male Enhancement Coach Rep.
                    PEGym Hero
                    Last edited by Big Al; 07-05-2021, 03:39 PM. Reason: Spam

Comment

Embrace the baldness. My brothers have tried everything no matter how much it messed with their body. I'm the eldest and as soon as I saw it going back I shaved my long hair off and have rocked it smooth for 14 years now. Women apparently love it because it exudes "confidence" and looks a lot better than having twin peaks. My uncle(85) tried holding onto the scraps of hair he had left but started asking me questions about it years ago and finally shaved it clean. So 18-85 if it's going just shave it now and save yourself the worry.

Comment

I have found pretty good success with Reviviogen shampoo and conditioner + Regrowz scalp treatment for men. Also use a wooden massage brush and use it twice per day to massage your scalp for five minutes each. Regrowz has its own shampoo and conditioner but I haven't tried it yet. I want to because I feel like that would be more effective than Revivogen.

The key is to start as soon as possible. It's easier to regain what you might have lost if it was early on then to wait until you really start balding. You'll still see results but you want to be more preventative and to hold onto what you have. I was cautious early on with hair loss because both sides in my family have it. I also don't stress often so that helps too.
                        ProjectMagnum
                        Last edited by ProjectMagnum; 02-02-2021, 06:47 PM.
                        Starting Size :

BPEL : 5.5"
                        EG : 5"

Current Size :

BPEL : 6-1/2""
                        EG : 5-1/2"

Goal Size :

BPEL : 7-1/2"
                        EG : 6"

My progress log :
                        https://www.pegym.com/forums/progres...m-project.html

Comment

Sadly there isn't much you can do against Male Pattern Baldness, it comes how down on how your hair follicles respond to Testosterone and DHT. You can be healthy, and still experience it, if your already healthy there isnt much you can do diet-wise.

The only routine that will help you out in the long-run, is taking drugs to stop it. You're scared of finasteride, which is fine, but let me list you other things you can do, other then finasteride.

Dutasteride: yeah dont consider it if your already scared of fin, its like the last ressourt
                          Topical Finasteride: Its finasteride that you apply at the scalp. The benefit you got from it is that it doesnt go systematic as much as the oral one.
                          RU58841: Topical anti-androgen that cuts out almost all of your DHT and Testosterone, isnt FDA approved as off now, but has very promising anecdotes of people who run steroids.

OP if you dont mind sharing, what is ur bodytype, would you consider yourself healthy, how old are you, and at what level of balding are u? (what norwood you are)

Comment

Originally posted by blackandwhite View Post
                            Sadly there isn't much you can do against Male Pattern Baldness, it comes how down on how your hair follicles respond to Testosterone and DHT. You can be healthy, and still experience it, if your already healthy there isnt much you can do diet-wise.

The only routine that will help you out in the long-run, is taking drugs to stop it. You're scared of finasteride, which is fine, but let me list you other things you can do, other then finasteride.

Dutasteride: yeah dont consider it if your already scared of fin, its like the last ressourt
                            Topical Finasteride: Its finasteride that you apply at the scalp. The benefit you got from it is that it doesnt go systematic as much as the oral one.
                            RU58841: Topical anti-androgen that cuts out almost all of your DHT and Testosterone, isnt FDA approved as off now, but has very promising anecdotes of people who run steroids.

OP if you dont mind sharing, what is ur bodytype, would you consider yourself healthy, how old are you, and at what level of balding are u? (what norwood you are)
                            diet modification is needed. SAD or western diet is the cause of hair loss and were talking about sugar intake rather then cholesterol intake ..

sugar is pretty bad and will damage blood vessels... hair requires a good blood supply and complete proteins... which you cant even get from plants... eating a plant based diet will make things worse I switched from a plant based to a 80-90% meat based diet. I deleted my previous post as it made me sick .. and switched to a meat based diet
                            it's been like 5.5 months since and my hair is super soft now, even the spots where the hair was "straw like" has gotten much softer.. so a meat based diet seems to be working I even got more facial hair coming in.. I had a spot that was balding it seems to be filling back in a "literal bald spot"

my is kinda like jason statham before he lost his hair ... I still made it pretty far with my hair though my brother started losing his when he was 18years old

and my dad in his early 20s I'm in my early 30s and now my brother is bald as my dad and grandpa

Comment

You might consider topical finastiride.

Also, people are having success with PRP scalp injections. Several medical studies support this approach.

Some report success with special LED lights in a helmet device.

Comment

Working...
                              X