Maca

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Maca

How do you guys use maca? I understand it is usefull for general stamina and for gym training.
    Pegasus
    Administrator
    PE Gym Editor
    PEGym Hero
    Admin of the Month Mar 2015
    Last edited by Pegasus; 07-11-2019, 05:21 AM.

I use maca extract i capsules (500mg) / 2 capsules a day. I hope it works on test-levels, libido and general wellbeing. But i can honestly not say if it does. I have cycled it a couple of times, but have seen no definite effect. But everything is good right now, so i don't want to rock the boat.
    Starting ADS januar 2018 at 5.3 BPEL and 5.3 EG
    Current and still (end of 2020) at 7.1 BPEL and 6.1 EG
    Goal 7.5 BPEL and 5.9 EG

Comment

Im on maca again. Killer supp. Horny energy, which is great for strength training if your into that horny at the gym thing. which I love. Im taking a gram every evening now. Gives me a boost.
      "I will lick my dick"

Comment

I just got some black maca from Maca Team which I plan to stack with Tongkat Ali.

Comment

Ok so typically used in 1 gram a day? Anyone use larger amounts?

Comment

I think 2 grams is recommended, 3 is fine, even more is possibly tolerable because the maca is basically a food. Im gona go up from 1 g if I need it
            "I will lick my dick"

Comment

I have heard of this as a supplement onsite . While in a local shop I was looking at their powered herbs etc and noticed maca . Now buying tablets is expensive but the powder is cheap. So I asked the lady about it . She presented it in the same manner as tumeric or the like . So I asked how she herself used it . The reply was couple spoons in breakfast smoothy . She didn't seem to regard it as dangerous , some of the other stuff she seemed more cautious of . This shop doesn't sell pills btw more into foodsstuffs herbs etc . I buy tumeric ,cacao and some other stuff through her .

Comment

It is sold as a ground down powder and used on breakfast products and in smoothies. In Peru, where the plant is grown, it is used in cooking, and is thought to have a wealth of positive effects. On webmd it is considered safe, and with no documented effects, but they warn that i probably will increase sexual hormones, and therefore is contraindicated in female cancers such as breast and uterine cancers.

In short, people eat the stuff with no limitations. There is no scientific backing for any health claims. The powder is of unknown/ unstandardized strength. Most users claim they feel there is an positive effect on libido and mood.

I buy it in capsules from a reputable producer, that claims it is a standardizes extract (10:1) of known quality - which should mean i take the equivalent of 10 grams of pure maca powder daily.
                Starting ADS januar 2018 at 5.3 BPEL and 5.3 EG
                Current and still (end of 2020) at 7.1 BPEL and 6.1 EG
                Goal 7.5 BPEL and 5.9 EG

Comment

Working...
                X