No announcement yet.

From Welterweight to Light Heavyweight.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• From Welterweight to Light Heavyweight.

This thread will be detailing my journey as I bulk up for ~1 year in an attempt to gain 30lbs of good weight. I am 22 years old, 6ft tall and currently weigh in at 171lbs. My goal weight is 205lbs and the projected time to hit that goal is March 2021.

I will be using a slow bulk method and plan to gain weight at .5~1lb per week l, averaging 3lbs per month. I'm using a carb cycling diet and any additional calories added to my diet will be carb sources. Whenever my weight stalls, I will add about 100-200 calories per week to see if any changes occur. I will track weight daily in my notebook and take down the weekly averages here and in my notebook.

I will also post a picture of my current physique and body measurements once a month since once a week is too soon to judge any changes due to the little amount of weight I'm gaining.

My workout plan is four days a week and includes Olympic Lifts, Power lifts, Calisthenics, and some additional "fluff" work. It's pretty much a workout for athletes. I also will be doing cardio directly after my workouts. Cardio consists of sprints and agility training at the football field.
    BBC Action
    Member of the Month August 2019
    Last edited by BBC Action; 10-23-2019, 07:30 PM.

10/21/19
    171.2lbs

So far I have been losing weight despite nothing in my diet changing. I will have to increase calories by another 200 this week and I will see where that takes me. Since I was in ~300 calorie deficit, I'm not expecting to gain any weight. Hopefully I'll maintain to know where I stand. I am expecting to keep losing weight judging by my weekly average. I'll just have to wait and see when I get there.

Comment

Are you performing any training for this purpose?
      Want a FREE Month of Coaching? PM or email me for details- or CLICK HERE

The MeCoach Male Enhancement Coaching Service- For All of Your Male Enhancement Needs

Comment

Originally posted by Big Al View Post
        Are you performing any training for this purpose?
        Absolutely. If I just gain weight without lifting weights or even using progressive overload, you can be sure most of the gains i get will be fat. I'm focusing on lifting heavy for strength, and eating a caloric surplus to grow.

Comment

Originally posted by BBC Action View Post
          Absolutely. If I just gain weight without lifting weights or even using progressive overload, you can be sure most of the gains i get will be fat. I'm focusing on lifting heavy for strength, and eating a caloric surplus to grow.
          Sounds like a good plan!

Lots of rest, and a moderate (not "zero") adherence to cardiobvascular training should help.
          Want a FREE Month of Coaching? PM or email me for details- or CLICK HERE

The MeCoach Male Enhancement Coaching Service- For All of Your Male Enhancement Needs

Comment

10/28/19
            Weight went up by .8lbs since last Monday, but I know that a 200 caloric surplus doesn't result in that type of weight gain, so it's really just a variance in water weight. My weight trend shows that I'm ~172.9 and eat a surplus of 75 calories. I'll be adding another 200 calories a day and see what results I have with my weight by next week. I will also post a picture and measurements for next week since it will be the start of a new month.

Comment

11/18/19
              171.2lbs
              Apparently there was a data loss, but I grew 1/8-1/4" in size all over my body except for legs, waist, and hips. My weight stayed the same and I was in a recomposition phase. I increased calories by 200 and started losing weight fast. I'm going to increase calories by another 200 and see where that puts me. My data shows that I'm now in a 700 calorie deficit, even though a week before I was in a 247 caloric surplus.

Comment

11/15/19
                Weight is all over the place. I added 200 more calories per day in Hope's of gaining some weight. My definition has decreased and some of my muscles look larger without much weight change. I will measure my size and post a picture next week.

Comment

12/2/19
                  20191202_073250.jpg
                  174lbs

Measurements
                  Arms 13 3/8"
                  Calves 14 1/4"
                  Forearms 11 1/2"
                  Thighs 22 1/4"
                  Waist 28"
                  Hips 31"
                  Shoulders 50"
                  Chest 42"
                  Neck 15 1/4"

Looked bloated today. Weight is all over the place. I gained size last month while maintaining the same weight. I gained some weight since then, as planned, but I feel like I should be slowing down my bulk even though I'm gaining slow and controlled. I'm supposed to be 176lbs right now, but it's not all about the numbers on the scale. Hopefully I'll recomp soon while I gain strength. I'll be keeping calories the same daily. Its averages at 3,100 calories a day so far. Not too bad at my weight.

Comment

Congrats on your work so far .
                    As I understand you wish to gain 30 lb of mostly muscle this year a mighty aspiration .
                    How are you going to measure bf%?
                    What was your starting point when you first started weights?

Comment

Originally posted by BBC Action View Post
                      12/2/19
                      [ATTACH]101953[/ATTACH]
                      174lbs

Measurements
                      Arms 13 3/8"
                      Calves 14 1/4"
                      Forearms 11 1/2"
                      Thighs 22 1/4"
                      Waist 28"
                      Hips 31"
                      Shoulders 50"
                      Chest 42"
                      Neck 15 1/4"

Looked bloated today. Weight is all over the place. I gained size last month while maintaining the same weight. I gained some weight since then, as planned, but I feel like I should be slowing down my bulk even though I'm gaining slow and controlled. I'm supposed to be 176lbs right now, but it's not all about the numbers on the scale. Hopefully I'll recomp soon while I gain strength. I'll be keeping calories the same daily. Its averages at 3,100 calories a day so far. Not too bad at my weight.
                      Dude!!

Your physique is what I DREAM to have.

Good job, you're a great looking guy. I'll get there one day.
                      09-03-2016: BPEL: 6.5 EG: 5.0
                      04-16-2019: BPEL: 7.1 MEG: 5.19
                      03-29-2020: BPEL: 7.36 MEG: 5.39

No person is worth wanting to hurt yourself over, neither is the size of your penis.

Comment

Working...
                      X