Strategic BREAKS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Strategic BREAKS

Strategic deconditioning breaks might be the key long-lasting growth, especially for hard-impossible gainers like myself. Typically, we talk about deconditioning in reference to someone who has been doing PE for many months in a row and has seen a great decline in measurable gains. But here, I am discussing something else. These are more strategic breaks.

I stumbled upon this “theory” by pure happenstance stemming from the recent barrage of negative results I have been getting through my PE. I did a very quality routine for a cycle of weeks and it yielded a loss in size for me. But today, after taking 8 days in a row off, I measured the losses back PLUS a gain of 0.32” in length. That’s a big growth spurt to have in a matter of one week’s time. Why do I think this happened? It was an accident strategic deconditioning break for me.

I'm going to quote from what I wrote in my progress log:
    Thinking back, most of my "flip-outs" on PE have come when I was very very upset at measuring a loss of size after putting in a good series of workouts. At that point, I would either do something different or do nothing at all for a long time (like, a month or so). Doing something different never did anything for me. When I would take the extended time off, when I came back, I'd always be right back where I started. But I wonder. What would have happened if I would have just taken a week off and then came back? Maybe this is my key component - always been right in front of my fucking face, but never realized it.

It almost seems like my insanely high EQ is a sign. When I do my PE routines, I get the high EQ and it flatlines at a 9-10. I keep it there by continuning what I'm doing. But, maybe this constant high EQ is a sign. Maybe this is MY sign that it's time to take a week off. Because, now I have, and I have come back with growth, big growth. Before, I wouldn't see this growth because I was too busy being pissed off at the world and my dick. Without returning to the exercises, I never cemented the gains and they just went away.
    One constant I seem to find in many “hard” gainers is that they all have very high EQ levels. I know for me personally, my EQ never drops, no matter what I do. This always bothered me and made me believe that my high EQ was my Achilles heal to gaining. But now I think differently. My new line of thinking is this: constant high EQ is a sign that you need to take a break. I know that may be difficult to believe, but I honestly think it to be the case now. I’m not really sure what is going on in these cases. But I think for people like me, a simple cycle of 2-3 weeks of exercising followed by a week off might be the key in making those gains. We’ll see how it continues to play out.

DryJelq has touched upon this in some of his threads and I strongly encourage him and others to join in a discussion here. I think there is a lot of useful information to be discussed regarding deconditioning breaks and I don’t think enough people are using them. I know I will be from now on.

MY EQ always drops after some of PE, after my off days it's back up again. I recently switched to 2 days on and 2 days off. Two days off seems to work for me, the penis is healed completely and is ready for some heavy PE.

Since I'm a beginner in my 7th week, I don't know when I should take these 'breaks' of one week

Comment

I have no ideas about growth theory or the effect of decon breaks. The effects of manual PE seem to vary so much from person to person, coming up with a "growth theory" that works for everyone is difficult if not impossible. If I did PE for 6-8 months and did not gain anything, I'd ask myself one question. Is there any method that has been proven to work 100 percent of the time? The only one that I'm aware of is wearing an extender. There have been at least 5 independent studies on them. Some of them were done by doctors, and they didn't tell the participants they couldn't use devices because they were not "conditioned." Guys simply wore extenders for 4-10 hours a day (after a break in schedule), 7 days a week. There was no talk about "deacon breaks" or off days. Negative effects were negligible if the devices were worn properly, and erection quality was generally improved. Gains were linear with time worn. It's that simple. As far as I can see, it worked 100 percent of the time over a 3-6 month time period.

I'm not saying this is for everyone. I'm just pointing out that if all other methods ant theories fail you, it's something to consider. Cost, time, convenience all come into play. And for those who like theories, this might just give you some factors to consider and apply to other PE methods. What are the attributes of extender usage? Applying a steady pressure over a long period of time. This just might be the reason that pumper's have found that pumping for longer periods of time at low pressure seems to yield better gains. This includes guys who pumped almost every single day. Just thoughts to consider.

Comment

I take a break when I'm not responding to anything. Last night I did stretches and didn't feel them at all nor did I feel the plump from jelging, it wasn't until I did O-bends did I actually feel something, Plus my eq was slow to get to max while edging. So Im going to take a break till thursday.

Comment

Originally posted by RyanV View Post
          MY EQ always drops after some of PE, after my off days it's back up again. I recently switched to 2 days on and 2 days off. Two days off seems to work for me, the penis is healed completely and is ready for some heavy PE. Since I'm a beginner in my 7th week, I don't know when I should take these 'breaks' of one week
          This is something that you will have get a feel for over time. However, it's my opinion that the less stressful your exercise frequency is, the less need you have for breaks. Doing a 2 on 2 off routine has built in deconditioning breaks because your exercise days and rest days are the same. If this is working for you, by all means, stick with it.

Comment

Originally posted by happy_accidents3 View Post
            I take a break when I'm not responding to anything. Last night I did stretches and didn't feel them at all nor did I feel the plump from jelging, it wasn't until I did O-bends did I actually feel something, Plus my eq was slow to get to max while edging. So Im going to take a break till thursday.
            Good observations happy. You are example of the opposite of what I am.
            You need breaks when your EQ gets too low whereas I seem to need the breaks when my EQ gets too high.

Comment

Originally posted by TechGuy View Post
              I have no ideas about growth theory or the effect of decon breaks. The effects of manual PE seem to vary so much from person to person, coming up with a "growth theory" that works for everyone is difficult if not impossible. If I did PE for 6-8 months and did not gain anything, I'd ask myself one question. Is there any method that has been proven to work 100 percent of the time? The only one that I'm aware of is wearing an extender. There have been at least 5 independent studies on them. Some of them were done by doctors, and they didn't tell the participants they couldn't use devices because they were not "conditioned." Guys simply wore extenders for 4-10 hours a day (after a break in schedule), 7 days a week. There was no talk about "deacon breaks" or off days. Negative effects were negligible if the devices were worn properly, and erection quality was generally improved. Gains were linear with time worn. It's that simple. As far as I can see, it worked 100 percent of the time over a 3-6 month time period.

I'm not saying this is for everyone. I'm just pointing out that if all other methods ant theories fail you, it's something to consider. Cost, time, convenience all come into play. And for those who like theories, this might just give you some factors to consider and apply to other PE methods. What are the attributes of extender usage? Applying a steady pressure over a long period of time. This just might be the reason that pumper's have found that pumping for longer periods of time at low pressure seems to yield better gains. This includes guys who pumped almost every single day. Just thoughts to consider.
              I appreciate your thoughts. When dealing with anything PE related, you have to consider all angles. And I do agree, there is NO universal growth mechanism for everyone to employ. But I do think everyone has their own growth zone and it's your task to find it.

With regards to extender usage, while I do believe extenders/ADS's are probably the most fail-safe methods of PE, I have read about MANY guys over at Thunders who gained jack shit from extender usages of up to 6 months of consistent use. Basically, there is NOTHING that works for EVERYONE.
              Last edited by Gator; 02-21-2010, 04:48 PM.

Comment

Very interesting read.
                After my 3 monthes of jps routine i will be taking a break, but for now everything seems to be flowing smoothly so until then i will stick with my regular routine,but this is a very interesting theary none the less.
                Congrats on the gains as well gator
                Nov 22 2011 BPEL- 7.25'' Girth 5.1''

Comment

Originally posted by HJFboxer View Post
                  Very interesting read.
                  After my 3 monthes of jps routine i will be taking a break, but for now everything seems to be flowing smoothly so until then i will stick with my regular routine
                  Absolutely boxer. Never change ANYTHING that is working

Comment

Nice thread, Gator.
                    Thanks.
                    Pirate Diplomacy:
                    The art of telling someone to go to hell and having them look forward to the trip.

Remember: If done right, there is no such thing as safe sex.

Comment

Originally posted by Gator View Post
                      IWith regards to extender usage, while I do believe extenders/ADS's are probably the most fail-safe methods of PE, I have read about MANY guys over at Thunders who gained jack shit from extender usages of up to 6 months of consistent use. Basically, there is NOTHING that works for EVERYONE.
                      Hey Gator, I believe you, but I'm surprised. I've been reading posts on thunders since November and have not heard that. If some guys can stretch to over erect length for 6-10 hours a day, 7 days a week and not gain a quarter inch, and others can start gaining by adding a few "JAI stretches," to their routines, well, that makes me want to think about PE theories even less.

Maybe Big Girtha has the right idea…"do everything and never let it turtle."

Comment

Its so hard though....theres no way to REALLY KNOW when to take a break without being a slave to a ruler. Especially if its a problem like gators with the EQ being too high. For me, when i'm getting rock hard erections, I figure I'm doing something right. This all seems counter intuitive.

Comment

Are you certain that you have a high EQ Gator? Many people overestimate their EQ.
                          My Scientific Theory on PE
                          https://www.pegym.com/forums/penis-e...ma-theory.html

Date BPFSL-BPEL-MEG-BEG
                          6/09 6.50-6.25-4.8-5.1
                          2/10 7.2-6.75-5.2-5.6
                          8/10 7.1-6.9
                          7/12 7.4-7.0-5.3-5.6
                          7/13 7.6-7.2-5.4-5.7
                          10/16 7.8-7.3
                          4/20 8.25-7.75-5.8-6.2
                          3/22 8.5-8.1-5.7-6.0

Comment

Originally posted by TechGuy View Post
                            If some guys can stretch to over erect length for 6-10 hours a day, 7 days a week and not gain a quarter inch, and others can start gaining by adding a few "JAI stretches," to their routines, well, that makes me want to think about PE theories even less.
                            This is the conundrum. Why some people can gain so much with very little effort and why some people can basically do everything possible and gain very little or nothing at all. Now, it's ALWAYS been my theory that those who do gain a lot early on are just experiencing ultra high EQ for the first time. But those that continue to gain at high rates in short time periods - it's these people I don't understand. I think sometimes we take the easy road and say it's genetics. But the more and more I think about that, the less logical I find that argument, but this is an entirely different topic to discuss

Originally posted by PEskeptic View Post
                            Its so hard though....theres no way to REALLY KNOW when to take a break without being a slave to a ruler. Especially if its a problem like gators with the EQ being too high. For me, when i'm getting rock hard erections, I figure I'm doing something right. This all seems counter intuitive.
                            The only thing you can do is trial and error. And I know it seems counter-intuitive (and I assume you are talking about high EQ being something that holds you back). It does to me too. That's probably why I never even thought about it until very recently. I have a way of explaining it but it's confusing as hell because it's jumbled all in my head (and my mind is fried right now with other psychological related issues). At some point, I'd like to spit out the meat about what I'm talking about here. The only constant I can see is this: FOR ME, a long-lasting high EQ could be a sign that I need to lay off. I don't think this line of thinking is too far from a very popular logic in PE that some people cannot gain unless their EQ is low.

Originally posted by DryJelq View Post
                            Are you certain that you have a high EQ Gator? Many people overestimate their EQ.
                            I agree. Many people have no idea what the difference is between a 5 and a 10. And a few months ago, I would have included myself in that grouping. But since then, I have done all that I can to understand ALL of the factors that go in to characterizing my EQ. Everything that I have come up with (and with the help of some gurus at Thunders) - it has all lead me to believe that my EQ is and always has been extremely high, in the 9-10 region. My EQ being high is one of the few things that I would bet my bank account on.

Comment

I'll try to work something more intelligent up tomorrow. Right now, my brain feels like moosh
                              I love the discussion we have going on here though. KEEP IT UP GUYS!

Comment

Working...
                              X