Lymphangiosclerosis

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lymphangiosclerosis

I hope this is the right place to post this; if not, mods please move.

Seems to be common to those who PE to move lymph around in the glands, incljuding on the penis by the glans or in the foreskin. I just found this on the internet at My husband has a prominent vein on his penis after some research on another thread:
    "Question

My husband recently discovered what appears to be a hardened vein on the side of his penis. The vein itself is only about 1- to 2 inches long and is not painful. It feels hard to the touch even when his penis is flaccid, and is more prominent when his penis is erect.
    His GP has told him there is nothing wrong, but we are puzzled as to why this has appeared almost overnight. Also, is there anything that can be done or will the vein gradually reduce in prominence over time?
    Answer

I think it is very likely that your husband has something completely benign known as lymphangiosclerosis. This is a hardened lymph vessel rather than a vein, although it is similar in shape and appearance except that it tends to be less blue in color. It feels hard to the touch even when the penis is flaccid and will be more prominent during an erection.
    This is not an uncommon symptom and it tends to happen following more regular or vigorous sexual intercourse in younger men.
    Provided your husband is functioning normally in every other respect, there is no need for him to worry unduly about this linear hardening. It will almost certainly resolve spontaneously by itself over the next few days or weeks.
    In the meantime gentle well-lubricated lovemaking is to be recommended.
    If there are any other changes that you have noticed or if things change in any way, I'd go back to your GP or local genitourinary medicine (GUM) clinic for further advice.
    Yours sincerely
    The Medical Team"

Here's another answer from Urology: Lymphangiosclerosis treatment, lymph channels, benign condition:

"Lymphangiosclerosis is a thickening or hardening of the lymph channels. It is a benign condition and usually goes away on its own. There is no specific remedy other than rest and gentle treatment of the area. Lubricants are sometimes suggested.

In my own practice, I usually suggest sitting in a hot tub. It might help a little, increases blood flow, has not side effects and at least you're doing something.

The problem can go away in just a few weeks or it can take longer."

Anybody else experience this?
    OlderGuy
    Last edited by OlderGuy; 03-03-2010, 01:05 AM. Reason: Typo
    Started: BPEL 6.5", EG 4.5"
    Current: BPEL 7.0", EG 5.0"
    Goal: BPEL 7.5", EG 5.5"

I have no experience with this but thank you for putting up this post. It might mean a great deal to some people.
    Thanks for sharing it.
    Pirate Diplomacy:
    The art of telling someone to go to hell and having them look forward to the trip.

Remember: If done right, there is no such thing as safe sex.

Comment

Would massaging it help? I bet so.

More experienced guys comments?

Comment

I think so. I believe what did it was my edging and ballooning session after jelqing. Instead of sliding my hand across the skin, I decided to grip the shaft so that the skin itself stayed in the same place against the skin of my palm, and then I moved my hand so that the shaft skin would slide back and forth over the tunica. I figured I could go a long time like this at a low to medium stage of arousal. However, I must have pushed lymph under the skin up into the gland near the glans.

I took a hot bath last night to try and let it dissipate. When flaccid, it's not too bad, but when erect it can be almost painful because the gland is so hard - the sclerosis part of the name.

I'm going to masturbate with one way strokes down toward the base to see if that helps. You never realize how much the backward stroke (like pulling out of the pussy) is the more arousing because of the friction on the rim of the glans, until you eliminate strokes in that direction. I'm going to try with only the thrusting stroke and see if I can milk the lymph back down toward the base some. I don't know how long it will take me to come this way - probably awhile. Then I'm taking a few days off to see if it resolves itself.

A user named hiro has the same problem.

Comment

You need to increase the circulation a bit. Try a brisk walk 3-4 days per week for about 1/2 hour just to move the blood though it faster. see if this does not cause it to shrink a bit. but larger veins s common with PE it means your dick is getting better blood flow. It sounds like it is pooling though this why i think you should ambulate more.

For I will restore health unto thee and I will heal thee of thine wounds, saith the Lord Jeremiah 30:17

Comment

Thanks Kingpole. It's not a vein and my circulation is good, though your advice is sound for a circulation problem. I walked about 2 miles yesterday and work out fairly regularly, so I hope circulation isn't the problem. However, I have more walking ahead of me today so it can't hurt.

I just tried my trick and it seems to have solved it, though we'll see if it stays gone. I basically reverse-jelqed with a stroke from glans to base, pressing the lymph out of the gland.

I think it occurred totally from moving lymph through the underskin system in my penis as in my post above. There isn't enough information about this condition on the internet, which is why I posted it. It's fairly alarming but I think I'm okay.

Hiro, if you're out there, try this.

Comment

Seems to be holding. Looks like it worked.

Comment

Congratulations.
                Thanks again for sharing. Did you ever hear from Hiro?
                Pirate Diplomacy:
                The art of telling someone to go to hell and having them look forward to the trip.

Comment

Nope. He may not look at this thread because it's not obvious what the title means. I should have added "vein on penis" to the title, I guess.

Comment

You might PM him.
                    Pirate Diplomacy:

Comment

Lymphangiosclerosis

I have read on various other forums/q & a websites that this condition is most likely called lymphangiosclerosis; which is a hardening of lymph fluid in the "vein". I was initially panicked when I noticed it, because my first thought was- oh great I have a cancer tumor growing on my penis!! Doctors say there is a medical phenomena where people become so convinced there is something wrong with them that they even believe they can feel some of the symptoms- I unfortunately started to fall into this. Initially I just shrugged it off as a blood clot or something harmless, however I started to think that my balls and penis were itching more than usual (which they really probably weren't). Then with my paranoia starting to grow I began to think that my balls and penis kept having these warm sensations (kind of like if you dabbed little swipes of ben gay on yourself. Finally I started to feel like I would be getting like a mild case of blue balls out of no where (which I am sure was all in my had). My point in sharing this tale of my irrational case of hypochondria is- I have always been someone that shrugged of going to the doctor, generally feeling like they would just waste a couple hours of my day and having to pay a co-pay for them to tell me something that I probably already new. However when it was this particular part of my anatomy my imagination and deep inner fears got the best of me and I decided that piece of mind was worth it this time.

Comment

Peace of mind is always worth it! One of the biggest problems with computer usage is the running to medical sites that aren't really doctors. I know someone who kept going to a physician and then in talking to me she told me her doc was all wrong. This went on for various illnesses that she was right and the doctor was all wrong. I finally asked her how she got all this info that told her that her doctors diagnosis was wrong. She went into another room and came back with a book entitled " The Time Life Book of Medicine". Wow Time-Life has a medical book! Welll I told her she was right to critisize her doctor afterall he didn't have that book! All he had were those old medical school textbooks, those nonsenseical medical journals and years and years of experience . Now if he only had the Time-Life book that guy could have saved millions! Those sites are not doctors but there cheaper bit they wouldn't have helped you rob7278 but would have only increased your paranoia at the time!
                        The world's still a toy if you just stay a boy!

Comment

lymphangiosclerosis - phew

I've had this problem since I was 14 in 9th grade. I noticed it when I was using the urinal at school (just peeing, mind you). I may have been the type to ... a bit more often in me alone time, by myself (thanks to the internet). I've avoided ever going to the doctor because I thought I had a parasite and did what a lot of people do (think that something doesn't matter if you don't think about it), and even thought about performing my own surgery to remove it (when I was 14 (thank God I didn't do that, lol)). I had the problem off and on at times throughout my teenage years, less so when I began having sex (with an actual partner as oposed to Palmela Handerson). It has only resurfaced a few times in the past decade (now almost 15 years from the original time). It happened just yesterday after sex, and I finally worked up the nerve to look it up because it has persisted through today, where normally it would go away later in the day. I'm glad to read about lymphangiosclerosis, and find what it is. Just to describe the symptoms for those who may have the same issue; It is about the size of a vein, coming from the lower left side, a half inch or so from base of the head. It wraps around to the top, just behind the rim of the head, and has lumps of hard areas (seemingly in segments) and appears to be flat in places (like near where it comes out). You can grab it like a worm under your skin which makes it freaky, but I suppose I'm a living example of how harmless it is (having it on and off for nearly 15 years). Experiment with being more gentle around that area and you might find it happening less often.

Comment

I have had this for about 3-5 years, I can't quite remember when it 1st started. but it is as the fellow who posted above

"It is about the size of a vein, coming from the lower left side, a half inch or so from base of the head. It wraps around to the top, just behind the rim of the head, and has lumps of hard areas (seemingly in segments) and appears to be flat in places (like near where it comes out). You can grab it like a worm under your skin"

I couldn't have described it any better, I only notice it when my penis is hard, but its still there softer when when penis is flaccid. I want this to go away and don't have the money to go to the doctor "been jobless for about a year" so any help would be great. From what I gather walking/running helps? I noticed on other site that vitamin E would help with the blood flow.

I wasn't to clear on the previous results of the creator of this topic. Any clear directions would be helpful.
                            Bazinga
                            Last edited by Bazinga; 12-02-2010, 07:03 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Bazinga View Post
                              I have had this for about 3-5 years, I can't quite remember when it 1st started. but it is as the fellow who posted above
                              "It is about the size of a vein, coming from the lower left side, a half inch or so from base of the head. It wraps around to the top, just behind the rim of the head, and has lumps of hard areas (seemingly in segments) and appears to be flat in places (like near where it comes out). You can grab it like a worm under your skin"
                              Yeap, 100% same description here. I have had this for nearly two years now. The small rice size lump, is located about 1cm below penis head, at the root of frenulum. Actually it is like a single unboiled rice, maybe 2mm thick, perhaps 1-2mm high and roughly 8mm in length.

Roughly at same time, I got a smaller, more whitish lump (maybe 2-3mm) at the middle of the frenulum. This is not something you can really grab, it seems very flat.

I cannot recall anything special in sex life or so that could have caused these, unless unprotected anal sex (with my partner) counts? (think we did it whole once)

Neither of these are causing any pain, but certainly makes me worry a bit.

My girlfriend did the full STD-test kit and was clean.

Oh yeah, I am 28y, 178cm / 80-85kg, quite athletic/muscular. Healthy, but I do have hypercholesterolemia which was found about 1.5 years ago.

http://www.self-help-sexuality.com/images/penis.gif
                              randomguy
                              Last edited by randomguy; 02-03-2011, 12:54 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X