Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anti-mullerian hormone excess and its role in ovarian cancer and penis size.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anti-mullerian hormone excess and its role in ovarian cancer and penis size.

I just read an article about AMH and ovarian cancer.

AMH partially reprograms fetuses to be male, it dismantles what will eventually be the uterus.

It also elevates testosterone in utero.

Excess AMH can increase cancer risks for female embryos and their mothers.
    While I have found no studies about its role with male embryos, it is well known that increased androgen exposure in the womb correlate to larger penis size in male offspring.

I bring this up because my mother died of poly cystic ovarian cancer and 3 of my five sisters have had some reproductive difficulty (one is completely infertile) and need to be monitored for ovarian cysts. Also, my pre pe stats were 7 1/2" bpel and 5 5/8" mseg and 5 1/2 flaccid hang with 5" flaccid girth. I had grown to those measurements by about 12 1/2 (except for flaccid girth, I reached that at 16).

It now appears that the same thing that gave me my original endowment, killed my mother and haunts my sisters.

Not sure how to take that.
    How did I get here?

Well I was looking for Pygmy.com (I gotta thing for small people, so what), and ended up here.
    And I've been here ever since.

I would take it as it's not your fault and much research still needs to be done.
    The world's still a toy if you just stay a boy!

Comment

Originally posted by Ravenously View Post
      I just read an article about AMH and ovarian cancer.

AMH partially reprograms fetuses to be male, it dismantles what will eventually be the uterus.

It also elevates testosterone in utero.

Excess AMH can increase cancer risks for female embryos and their mothers.
      While I have found no studies about its role with male embryos, it is well known that increased androgen exposure in the womb correlate to larger penis size in male offspring.

I bring this up because my mother died of poly cystic ovarian cancer and 3 of my five sisters have had some reproductive difficulty (one is completely infertile) and need to be monitored for ovarian cysts. Also, my pre pe stats were 7 1/2" bpel and 5 5/8" mseg and 5 1/2 flaccid hang with 5" flaccid girth. I had grown to those measurements by about 12 1/2 (except for flaccid girth, I reached that at 16).

It now appears that the same thing that gave me my original endowment, killed my mother and haunts my sisters.

Not sure how to take that.
      This is very far-fetched I believe, so don't worry about that in particular.

There are numerous genes associated with cancer. Of course one hormone alone isn't the answer. The most well-known example is the BRCA1 and BRCA2 genes, which are mutated in a small percentage of people and encode enzymes of DNA repair, i.e. repair mechanisms that kick in after damage to the DNA.
      These mutations increase the risk for ovarian cancer 30-fold, as well as the risk for breast cancer. Other mutations include TP53 (DNA repair and cell death), PTEN (mTOR pathway inhibitor - inhibits cell growth) or STK11.

There are of course hormonal factors, e.g. polycystic ovary disease is associated with ovarian cancer, but it's just statistically significant, not really relevant. I.e. there is little doubt that the association exists, but it's not strong.
      In the case of your family, most women are affected, which indicates a genetic predisposition like BRCA1 or BRCA2 mutations. A hormone surplus in the uterus would maybe increase the risk of cancer a bit, but remember, the anti-muellerian-hormone leads to a male phenotype, so I guess the increase would be so little that it's unlikely to cause such a high incidence of ovarian cancer in two subsequent generations of women!

Your well-endowedness is probably coincidential, so don't feel in any way peculiar. Just be happy and use your huge...heart.. to make the world of women a happier place!
      Actually, I suggest genetic councelling, as there may be risks for other family members (also males including you), and with cancer early detection is everything!

Sorry about the dry stuff, but your question was very technical.
      Dr.Valium
      Last edited by Dr.Valium; 05-17-2018, 05:22 AM.
      05/2018:
      BPEL: 21.5 cm (8.46 inch)
      EG [mid-shaft]: 16.3 cm (6.25 inch)

Goal: 10 inches? 12? let's see!

Comment

Solid contribution, Dr.Valium. I agree with you. Especially with regard to the genetic and submolecular aspects that are involved in the genesis of an ovarian cancer. It’s a complex subject, with many variables influencing it. Ravenously, it is probably just a coincidence, in my opinion. Wish you the best, peace!

Comment

Working...
        X