Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Prostate contractions while semen retention: healthy?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Prostate contractions while semen retention: healthy?

Hi folks, this is my first message.

I'd like to know if excessive prostate contractions are bad for my prostatic health.

When I make love I use to edge and let the contractions to show up, two or three of them while I rest for a second, then I resume and keep moving again.

I think they are prostatic contractions, because they are localized around that area.

But I may be wrong and they are "pelvic floor" contractions, although I think about those as more "broad", and happening when I let go and I do ejaculate.

In any case, you may know what type of contractions are, and I'd be very thankful if you can throw some light on there:

- they feel good but, are they healthy?
    - can I have prostate problems because of this?
    - is edging bad in some cases?

Thanks,
    Cheers,

Good Question.

They are contractions in the pelvic floor aka Kegels that put pressure on the sensitive prostate, stimulating it. They are not healthy to do while edging/stimulating because they cause Premature Ejaculation and can train the pelvic floor muscles to tense when they are not supposed to. This will cause a lot of pain and discomfort to the pelvic area and physical therapy will be required to reverse the issue. There is limited knowledge of hyper-tonic pelvic floor and it is unlikely doctors will be of any help if you end up with it. This article will help The Dangers of Excessive Kegeling | PEGym
    They are perfectly safe if done outside of stimulation and with reverse kegels as well. Again, read the article.
    Big Al has a really good stamina training routine that has a high intensity/ low volume kegel routine attached to it. Make sure to do your reverse kegels.

This should also be read fully==>START HERE!
    HansTwilight
    Retired Moderator
    PE Gym Editor
    Member of the Month Jan 2017
    PEGym Hero
    Last edited by HansTwilight; 12-14-2019, 08:46 PM.
    My Work

ARTICLES:

Comment

How did this no ejaculation thing get traction . I take it you are talking about periods over a week with no ejaculation?

Comment

Working...
      X