Rest days are crucial

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rest days are crucial

In 10 years of PE the one constant for me in regards to gains has been rest days. I am not intelligent enough to come up with theories, however the gains from PE must be similar to gains from actual working out IE the gym? Or no? Who else has a similar experience with rest days and gains.

Took a 4 month break and after a month I made gains from of about .35 inches in girth after rest days.

Absurd. U may had better EQ, no way u can make gains from resting. It's already pretty hard to gain with actual work.
    Started: 01.01.2018
    NBPEL: 5.7''
    MEG: 4.8''

Current: 01.01.2019
    NBPEL: 5.7''
    BPEL: 6.9''
    BEG: 4.9"
    MEG: 5"
    Below head: 5.1"

Comment

Agreed, rest days are critical. And it's for similar reasons you need rest days when working out. The first time I took a months long break, I lost half of my previous gains. Really bummed me out. But I gained them all back after a month back on regular extending. I extended for another several months and took another few months break. That time I restarted with no loss of previous gains and have gained some since then. I didn't take those long breaks on purpose - just life got in the way.

Gaining .35" girth in a month sounds pretty extraordinary. I imagine your EQ improved with the PE over that month, but still you probably had some real gains.
      Start: BPEL 6.75', EG 5.8", BPFL 4.5", FG 4.7", BPFSL 7.0"
      05/2021: BPEL 7.65, EG 6.0, BPFL 5.8, FG 5.0", BPFSL 8.0"
      Goal: BPEL 8.0", EG 6.0", BPFL 5.75" FG 5.0", BPFSL 8.5"

Comment

Originally posted by Physdoc View Post
        Agreed, rest days are critical. And it's for similar reasons you need rest days when working out. The first time I took a months long break, I lost half of my previous gains. Really bummed me out. But I gained them all back after a month back on regular extending. I extended for another several months and took another few months break. That time I restarted with no loss of previous gains and have gained some since then. I didn't take those long breaks on purpose - just life got in the way.

Gaining .35" girth in a month sounds pretty extraordinary. I imagine your EQ improved with the PE over that month, but still you probably had some real gains.
        Lots were EQ as I just cured my HF. But prior to that I was 5.75 mid shaft and yesterday I measured a solid 5.9. Which is good considering I am only extending and bundling.

I have stalled on length. I really want 8 inches but Im not willing to go back to the risky exercises. Hanging was great but is so dangerous and killed EQ. If I could just get another .5 inches to 7.5 I would be more than happy.

Comment

I’ve only been at it for 6 months but I regularly see slight gains when I do my routine for 4 or 5 days, then rest a day, sometimes 2, then the day after I resume my BPFSL is about 1/4 inch longer. Of course that isn’t permanent but I’m seeing about 1mm permanent gains every 3 weeks. I just tested this theory tonight and even though I’m only 7.8 BPEL I could stretch it past 8 inches completely flaccid after a one day rest. Maybe I have a very stretchy wiener but that’s what I’m seeing (big very temporary gains followed by small but regular permanent ones).
          Start 06/21: 6.25 BPEL, 5.5 MEG, 6.0 BEG
          As of 11/21: 7.9 BPEL, 6.0 MEG, 6.5 BEG
          Short term goal: 8.5 BPEL, 6.5 EG
          Long term goal: 9.5 BPEL, 7.0 EG

Comment

Your tissues need rest to repair the microtears you create during extension. I have seen a couple guys on here recommend taking a week or a few off if you’re not gaining or your EQ goes down
            Just an average guy, with a not so average package.
            Starting: 33.3cm NBPEL, 23.5cm MEG
            Goal: 34.3cm NBPEL, ~23.5cm MEG w/consistently strong EQ

Comment

Working...
            X