• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LED light therapy

Just joined the forum here, and wanted to post something that makes
    sense to me. I've been dealing with facial scar revision for 2 years now
    with good success. Maybe 60% improvement or so. Anyway, I learned of
    using LED lights as part of my therapy, so I thought I'd mention it here.
    Its generally accepted in scar revision treatment, but seems to me
    could easily be applied to penis enlargement. After my workout I will
    be using a certain wavelength of light to aide/accelerate healing. They
    are small light panels at very specific wavelengths. So you don't think
    its bogus, NASA has done extensive studies on this which are listed below.
    I'll write more in the future about what I'm doing. Can't put the light
    on/near your testicles though, especially infared.
    I'm starting with a 5.5 inch length by 4.75 width. Hope it works for me.
    Just started the exercising a week ago, so I'm a newbie, newbie
    Best wishes to all. sky_captain

some info/studies on LED's
    __________________________________________________ ____________

From the NASA website (nasa.gov):
    "Marshall Space Flight Center, Huntsville, Ala. Nov 13, 2003
    Biologists have found that cells exposed to near-infrared light from LEDs, which is energy just outside the visible range, grow 150 to 200 percent faster than cells not stimulated by such light. The light arrays increase energy inside cells that speed up the healing process."
    "The treatment device was a 3-by-5-inch portable, flat array of light-emitting diodes. It was held on the outside of a patient's left cheek for just over a minute each day. The process was repeated over the patient's right cheek, but with foil placed between the LED array and the patient, to provide a sham treatment for comparison. There was no treatment of the throat area, which provided the control for the first study. "
    Http://www.nasa.gov/centers/marshall/news/...003/03-199.html
    __________________________________________________ ______________________

"LED Device Illuminates New Path to Healing 2008
    A central concern in astronaut health is maintaining healthy growth of cells, including preventing bone and muscle loss and boosting the body's ability to heal wounds—all adversely affected by prolonged weightlessness. Thus, having determined that LEDs can be used to grow plants in space, NASA decided to investigate whether LEDs might be used for photobiomodulation therapy (PBMT)."

"PBMT is an emerging medical and veterinary technique in which exposure to high-intensity, wavelength-specific light can stimulate or inhibit cellular function. PBMT modulates a body's organelles—structures within a cell (e.g., mitochondria, vacuoles, and chloroplasts) that store food, discharge waste, produce energy, or perform other functions analogous to the role of organs in the body as a whole—with wavelength-specific photon energy to increase respiratory metabolism, reduce the natural inflammatory response, accelerate recovery of injury or stress at the cellular level, and increase circulation."
    http://www.sti.nasa.gov/tto/Spinoff2008/hm_3.html
    __________________________________________________ ___________________________

LED-Based Lighting Treatment for Wound Healing 1998
    The Phase I effort achieved its objective of ascertaining and demonstrating the efficacy of light therapy using LEDs, alone and in conjunction with hyperbaric oxygen, in the treatment of wounds. Phase II results in speeding the early phase of wound closure were particularly successful. Doctors at the Medical College of Wisconsin have examined how LEDs can help heal oral mucositis (severe oral sores caused by chemotherapy and radiation), diabetic skin ulcers, and serious burns. (Preventing oral mucositis improves the patients' ability to eat and drink and may also reduce the risk of infections in patients with compromised immune systems.) "
    Http://sbir.nasa.gov/SBIR/successes/ss/8-035text.html

__________________________________________________ ____________________________

Photo page:
    "Healing power of light. Glowing red light emitted by light-emitting diodes or LEDs has been used to grow plants on NASA's Space Shuttle. Now, doctors at the Medical College of Wisconsin in Milwaukee are using this near-infrared light to promote wound healing."
    Wound healing device. The wound-healing device made by Quantum Devices Inc. in Barneveld, Wis., is a small 3.5-inch by 4.5-inch (90 by 145-millimeter) portable, flat array of light-emitting diodes, or LEDs. A nurse practitioner places the LED array on the outside of a patient's cheek where it shines for just over a minute each day, promoting wound healing and preventing mouth sores caused by radiation and chemotherapy. Quantum Devices and the Medical College of Wisconsin in Milwaukee are conducting the multi-year project through a contract with the Technology Transfer Department at NASA's Marshall Space Flight Center in Huntsville, Ala.
    Light-emitting diodes promote cell growth. Skin, bone and muscle cells grown in cultures are exposed to the same light-emitting diodes used to treat wounds in patients and grow plants in space. Biologists at the Medical College of Wisconsin in Milwaukee have shown that cells exposed to the near-infrared light grow 150 to 200 percent faster than ground control cells not stimulated by the light. Through a research project funded by NASA's Marshall Space Flight Center in Huntsville, Ala., scientists are trying to learn more about the way cells convert light to energy and identify the wavelengths of light that are most effective at stimulating growth."
    Http://www.msfc.nasa.gov/news/news/photos/...hotos00-336.htm

__________________________________________________ _______________________

Medical College of Wisconsin:
    "The research being performed with NASA has further demonstrated that high dose near-infrared light provided by LED-arrays up to ten times brighter than the sun can stimulate the energy compartment in every cell (the mitochondria). This special light increases the energy metabolism and growth of cells, leading to tissue regeneration and healing, which adds to the benefit of hyperbaric oxygen. The Hyperbaric Medicine Unit works in conjunction with the Medical College of Wisconsin Wound Care Center, directed by Dr. Lisa Gould (Plastic Surgery)."
    http://www.mcw.edu/neurology/specialties/hyperbaric.htm
    __________________________________________________ __________________________
    Medical College of Wisconsin:

Our laboratory has recently shown that photobiomodulation by light in the red to near-infrared range (670-880 nm) using light-emitting diode (LED) arrays stimulates mitochondrial function, augments antioxidant protein synthesis and protects against mitochondrial toxins (8, 20, 21) in vitro and in vivo.
    Http://www.mcw.edu/neurology/research/LHON.htm
    __________________________________________________ _________________________From Microtornadoes to Facial Rejuvenation: Implication of Interfacial Water Layers. Crystal Growth & Design, 2008
    Their study reports that high intensity visible light from light emitting diodes (LEDs) applied daily for several weeks resulted in "rejuvenated skin, reduced wrinkle levels, juvenile complexion and lasting resilience."
    Http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2008/...81020094355.htm
    __________________________________________________ ________________________
    Journal of Dermatologic Surgery March 08
    "CONCLUSIONS A 670-nm LED red light source accelerates healing in skin of SKH-1 hairless mice after incisional injuries, but is not as effective for burn injuries. These data that suggest red light exposure may be helpful in postoperative wound repair."

Photomedicine and Laser Surgery 2006
    Clinical and Experimental Applications of NIR-LED Photobiomodulation

"Taken together, these observations demonstrate the potential
    clinical applications of near-IR photobiomodulation. The identification
    of the key mitochondrial component involved in this
    process, cytochrome oxidase, suggests a plausible mechanism
    of action whereby near-IR light treatment upregulates energy
    production, thereby promoting cell survival."

Journal of Clinical Laser Medicine & Surgery 2001
    Effect of NASA Light-Emitting Diode Irradiation on Wound Healing

"Results: LED produced in vitro increases of cell growth of 140– in mouse-derived fibroblasts, rat-derived osteoblasts, and rat-derived skeletal muscle cells, and increases
    in growth of 155– of normal human epithelial cells. Wound size decreased up to 36% in conjunction with HBO in ischemic rat models. LED produced improvement of greater than 40% in musculoskeletal training injuries in Navy SEAL team members, and decreased wound healing time in crew members aboard a U.S. Naval submarine. LED produced a 47% reduction in pain of children suffering from oral mucositis. Conclusion:
    We believe that the use of NASA LED for light therapy alone, and in conjunction with hyperbaric oxygen, will greatly enhance the natural wound healing process, and more quickly return the patient to a preinjury/illness level of activity. This work is supported and managed through the NASA Marshall Space Flight Center– Program"
    "That's your happiness and my hap-penis"
    Marlon Brando Last Tango in Paris

"Look captain, after our experiments, its going to grow....
    and I mean grow at an exponential rate, that could shatter
    the boundaries of our known universe."

sounds interesting let us know how it goes. Also with your scars, were they fairly fresh or quite old? Just wondering as in the article it says it speeds up the growth of new cells and therefore I was curios if your L.E.D therapy would work on older deeper scars. (As you may have guessed I'm asking because I have a few deep icepick/atrophic scars). Thanks. KingS.

Comment

Hey King,
      My scarring was both old and new. Old acne scars and also newer skin problems
      from a blotched chemical peel. Remember the LED's by themselves won't heal scars,
      or grow your penis any larger. LED's for me have been a component of a broader range
      of things I was doing, mainly dermarolling and the correct topicals, in correct rotation. And REST.
      In the info I've read here about overtraining, you can do the same with rolling. Rolling too much.
      Like a "dick cream" to enlarge your penis, most topical don't work or are actually counterproductive to
      scar revision. Rather than go on and on, you might read at acne.org under scar treatment
      members lamar1986 and munson's threads. Especially Lamar's. He was the king of "rolling".
      Its very obvious to me that the LED's are powerful tools though, hopefully in the bigger penis arena
      also.
      "That's your happiness and my hap-penis"
      Marlon Brando Last Tango in Paris

"Look captain, after our experiments, its going to grow....
      and I mean grow at an exponential rate, that could shatter
      the boundaries of our known universe."

Comment

My interest in light therapy increased a great deal when a halogen treatment returned my black-and-blue broken small toe to almost a normal color in 5 minutes. Pain level went from 8 to 2.

Comment

Working...
        X