No Zinc, No Gains

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No Zinc, No Gains

Since I've started taking zinc supplements gains are coming faster than I ever expected. I think I might have been zinc deficient.

This Journal of Nutrition article really shows the importance of zinc, and it's role in production of testosterone and DHT. If you don't read it all, at least scroll down and have a look at the charts and graphs.

http://jn.nutrition.org/content/126/4/842.full.pdf

"...It has been reported that the receptor proteins have a zinc binding component with a high affinity for testosterone and dihydrotestosterone,
    and that androgen receptor sites are significantly decreased in the reproductive organs of zinc-deficient rats...

...The effect of zinc deficiency on hepatic aromatization of testosterone to estradiol and 5a-reduction of testosterone to DHT has been studied and the results are given in Figure 2. When H-testosterone was incubated with liver from control and zinc-deficient rats, formation of DHT from testosterone was significantly lower in zinc-deficient rats compared with both control groups, whereas conversion of DHT to 3a-diol was lower in zinc-deficient rats than in both control groups. The livers of zinc-deficient rats exhibited a higher aromatization of testosterone to estradiol than did those of both groups of controls. No difference in androgen metabolism and aromatization was observed between freely fed and pair-fed control animals..."

Better when Wet
    Last edited by Better when Wet; 07-09-2011, 02:34 PM.

That is one supplement I want to start taking.
    That and my L-Arginine. Getting annoyed that they don't have L-Ar at the store anymore.
    Starting Size (09/2009): ~7"BPEL x ~5" MSEG
    Most Recent Measurement (08/13/2012): 8"BPEL x 5.5"MSEG
    Final Goal: When I'm told to stop.
    http://www.towelaroundtheworld.com/#/us

Comment

I would definitely recommend it. I feel like I must have been zinc deficient for it to have such a pronounced effect. I did have fingernail spots, but they didn't look quite like the typical zinc deficient spots. Just one pale dot in the middle of each nail, as if you were pushing on the nail.

Arginine is great, but it makes my face break out if I take it daily. Which is odd because I never had bad acne.

I order vitamins and supplements from Swanson Vitamins. Good quality and prices.

Comment

Zinc's effects on testosterone aren't the only or main reason why it's a good supplement for PE, or any other muscle building activity especially if your diet doesn't give you a sufficient amount. Without Zinc, cell growth is not possible.

Comment

Originally posted by NP97 View Post
          That is one supplement I want to start taking.
          That and my L-Arginine. Getting annoyed that they don't have L-Ar at the store anymore.
          Have u heard of l- citrulline.....I heard its better than l-arginine...
          Past and present dedication leads to future progress:cool:

Comment

Originally posted by braidz View Post
            Have u heard of l- citrulline.....I heard its better than l-arginine...
            Arginine breaks down into Cirtulline.

Comment

After the article showed that zinc deficient rats had less than half the testosterone, DHT, and androgen receptors than normal ones I jumped on the zinc supplements. I don't think my T or DHT levels are or have ever been low though. I'm atheletic, no lack of energy, and start size was in the large/big range. Though it most definitely feels like more of each are being produced now there isn't a zinc deficiency.

I have also ordered some Acetyl L-Carnitine, which I've read can upregulate androgen receptors. Anyone taken this?

Comment

so i would be completely massive if i took zinc?

Comment

what a bunch of BS.
                  I never took zinc and made fine gains.

Comment

Side, I'm fairly sure the OP was regarding people being deficient in dietary zinc would struggle to make gains, not the idea that you need to supplement with zinc to make gains, I'm sure the majority, yourself included, have sufficient zinc in your system and thus the ability to gain.

I'm all for those who supplement; and especially those who are seeking correlations between gains and influences on the body that aren't direct PE exercises.
                    I'm not gay, but sometimes, I look at my penis and I think, yeah... that looks pretty good.

Comment

Originally posted by DemOne View Post
                      Arginine breaks down into Cirtulline.
                      Yes I heard about that in the health store and the guy told me its better to just take the citruline..........
                      Past and present dedication leads to future progress:cool:

Comment

Originally posted by Sidewinder.a7x View Post
                        what a bunch of BS.
                        I never took zinc and made fine gains.
                        BS, no BS. Like a good majority of people here, you're probably getting enough Zinc in your daily diet.

Originally posted by braidz View Post
                        Yes I heard about that in the health store and the guy told me its better to just take the citruline..........
                        I bet the bottle of L-Citrulline costs more.

Comment

So taking zinc could help me build muscle and grow my dick?
                          Start : 5.5 BP/4.5 NBP x 5 MEG
                          Now : 5.5 BP/4.5 NBP x 4.75ish MEG

Comment

Originally posted by DemOne View Post
                            Without Zinc, cell growth is not possible.
                            i would like to see evidence for this claim as this is the first time i hear this.

Comment

It's true but it doesn't mean that you need to take zinc supplements.

Comment

Working...
                              X