Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A question regarding Glutamine L?

Hi people!

I just wanted to share some thoughts from the BB world into the PE world.

To add muscle gains faster,it is very common to use enhancers like Glutamine L (essential amino acid which improves rehability/muscle gains by realising HGH etc.). I myself Have tried it when I was building muscles at the gym and it had a great effect on me (just try to not become addicted to it).

Now is anyone else interested in the idea that Glutamine L may in-some-way benefit PE people?

Thanks for your time!

//
    C.Phantasy
    Start:2008-10-4
    Reborn Alpha Male
    BPFSL (18")
    FG (10 cm )
    BPEL ( 23 cm)
    MEG (15 cm)
    ----
    EQ (~ 8)

Originally posted by C.Phantasy View Post
    Hi people!

I just wanted to share some thoughts from the BB world into the PE world.

To add muscle gains faster,it is very common to use enhancers like Glutamine L (essential amino acid which improves rehability/muscle gains by realising HGH etc.). I myself Have tried it when I was building muscles at the gym and it had a great effect on me (just try to not become addicted to it).

Now is anyone else interested in the idea that Glutamine L may in-some-way benefit PE people?

Thanks for your time!

//
    C.Phantasy
    Glutamine is good for the entire body. It even helps with ED a bit. The amino acids responcible for big erections are Arginine, Lysine, orthinine, and tyrosine.
    You get good wood on a good whey protien supplement as well.

For I will restore health unto thee and I will heal thee of thine wounds, saith the Lord Jeremiah 30:17

Comment

I always drink a protien shake withn l-glutamine in it after I work out along with l-arginine and am thinking about adding l-lysine to the list also.

Comment

Originally posted by IB81day View Post
        I always drink a protien shake withn l-glutamine in it after I work out along with l-arginine and am thinking about adding l-lysine to the list also.
        Drink up!

For I will restore health unto thee and I will heal thee of thine wounds, saith the Lord Jeremiah 30:17

Comment

Originally posted by C.Phantasy View Post
          (essential amino acid which improves rehability/muscle gains by realising HGH etc.). I myself Have tried it when I was building muscles at the gym and it had a great effect on me (just try to not become addicted to it).

//
          C.Phantasy
          so if you were injecting HGH, do you think it will benefit PE also?

well i gotta get me some of these supplements.

Comment

Great mix IB81day

10inchDream, I would recommend you to be careful when using Glutamine-L.
            Everything that releases HGH in a unbalanced way does not result in good results.

More benefits of Glutamine L:
            -Improved Immune system.

Beware that if you spend to many hours with Glutamine L,your Immune system may become more "dependent" on it to function.
            By this I mean that your body will think that it does not "need" to manage its "own" immune system, because it is being handled by an external source. So therefor it may shut down its own production of substances that boosts the immune systems against sickness.

Meaning, your body will "need" Glutamine to actually function, Glutamine will become more than just an supplyment. It will become necessary for you to stay healthy.

Use it wisely and with caution.

Im kinda tired right now,so I hope some one understands my point
            Start:2008-10-4
            Reborn Alpha Male
            BPFSL (18")
            FG (10 cm )
            BPEL ( 23 cm)
            MEG (15 cm)
            ----
            EQ (~ 8)

Comment

I have never ever heard of Glutamine dependancy?! After all it is naturally occuring in food albeit in smaller amounts.

Im not saying Im totally sure, you may be right, I will research it abit, but like you say, Glutamine can help boost your GH levels naturally, its not the same as actually importing GH into your system...which obviously can cause a shut down. Wouldnt this be like saying that any substance which promotes a reaction in the body could be a danger due to dependancy and natural shut down, such a vitamins or minerals?!

I definately agree though, ANY supplement should be used wisely and with cation and care, and often I beleive cycling is a good idea to give your body a break.

Comment

However, thinking about it some more, you could look at it from the point of view that are bodies are actually dependant on LOTS of things to function correctly, ie we are dependant on calcium for healthy bones and teeth etc, and Vit C for many things including healthy gums, and when deficiant in VIt C you suffer from scurvy.

So perhaps we are ALL dependant on Glutamine for a tip top immune system, regardless of if we supplement with or not?! But Im still not sure if taking a higher dose would make you more dependant on it or not...interesting...I really should go and research Gluatmine again, been a while since I last did!

Cheers C.Phantasy

Comment

Great thread.

I take L-Glutamine everyday. Between 2-4 grams a day.

I also take L-Arginine, between 1.8 grams to 3.6 a day.

On top of that, I have a good alpha whey protein shake.

It helps me in the gym and the word is: its supposed to help me with PE. I have noticed a lot of enhancements with my penis since I started taking all these supplements and since I started PE.

Keep it up. Just dont over do it. Also, Vitamin B Complex is good.
                  Starting stats: October 15th, 2008 - NBPEL: 6.25' EG: 5.00'

Current stats October 15th, 2009 - (100% erection) NBPEL: 7.20' EG: 5.375'

Goal: NBPEL: 8' EG: 6' (objective: girth)

TGC Theory

A man should not strive to eliminate his complexes but to get into accord with them: they are legitimately what directs his conduct in the world. -Sigmund Freud

Comment

I also take 2-4 grams daily.

I take 2 an hour before I work out, and 2 before bed.

It's best taken before bed, and on an empty stomach. The pituitary gland is most active when you're sleeping, and 2 grams has been shown to increase HGH levels by 400%.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but as I understand it, I don't think this is something you could become tolerant to, or dependent on. L-glutamine is the most abundant amino acid in the body, & HGH levels peak about an hour and a half after taking it, and return to normal shortly thereafter.
                    Heat89
                    Last edited by Heat89; 11-23-2008, 01:19 AM.
                    "God gave man a penis and a brain, and only enough blood to run one at a time." ~ Robin Williams

Comment

My guess with the glutamine is its like many testosterone stimulators. Naturally stimulating testosterone is not the same as importing it - which will cause a shut down as natural production is not created. The same would be the case with glutamine and GH, stimulating natural HGH Production is not the same as importing it into the body causing a dependance on a foreign supply.

Just a guess through from my understanding.

Comment

Glutamine

Glutamine (molecular weight: 146.15 g/mol) is one of the 20 amino acids encoded by the genetic code. Glutamine is a non-essential amino acid, meaning it can be produced by the body and is involved in a variety of metabolic processes. Glutamine has recently been re-classified as a conditionally essential amino acid. This means that while the body can make glutamine, under extreme physical stress the demand for glutamine exceeds the body's ability to synthesize it. During times of stress glutamine reserves are depleted and need to be replenished through supplementation. Glutamine is the most abundant amino acid in the body. Over 61% of skeletal muscle tissue is glutamine. L-glutamine is predominantly synthesized and stored in skeletal muscle. Glutamine is converted into the excitotoxin glutamate within neurons. Glutamine is then transported to the neuron and by the enzyme glutaminase, it is converted to glutamate--the potential excitotoxin. L-glutamine accounts for 30-35 percent of the amino acid nitrogen in the plasma. It contains two ammonia groups, one from its precursor, glutamate, and the other from free ammonia in the bloodstream. Glutamine is one of the three amino acids involved in glutathione synthesis. Glutathione, an important intracellular antioxidant and hepatic detoxifier, is comprised of glutamic acid, cysteine, and glycine.
                        Glutamine functions, uses, and health benefits

Glutamine is involved in more metabolic processes than any other amino acid. Glutamine is converted to glucose when more glucose is required by the body as an energy source. Glutamine also plays a part in maintaining proper blood glucose levels and the right pH range. It serves as a source of fuel for cells lining the intestines. Without it, these cells waste away. It is also used by white blood cells and is important for immune function. Glutamine assists in maintaining the proper acid/alkaline balance in the body, and is the basis of the building blocks for the synthesis of RNA and DNA. Glutamine regulates the expression of certain genes, including those that govern certain protective enzymes, and helps regulate the biosynthesis of DNA and RNA. Construction of deoxyribonucleic acid (DNA) is dependent upon adequate amounts of glutamine. Glutamine increases the body's ability to secrete human growth hormone (HGH). HGH assists in metabolizing body fat and helps to support new muscle tissue growth. Glutamine is important for removing excess ammonia. In the process of picking up ammonia, glutamine donates it when needed to make other amino acids, as well as sugar, and the antioxidant glutathione. The glutamic acid-glutamine interconversion is of central importance to the regulation of the levels of toxic ammonia in the body, and it is thus not surprising that when the concentrations of the amino acids of blood plasma are measured, glutamine is found to have the highest of all. The health benefits of glutamine include immune system regulation, nitrogen shuttling, oxidative stress, muscle preservation, intestinal health, injuries, and much more. Supplemental l-glutamine can be helpful in the treatment of arthritis, autoimmune diseases, fibrosis, intestinal disorders such as ulcerative colitis, peptic ulcers, and connective tissue diseases. Glutamine is the primary source of energy for the various cells of the immune system, including T cells and macrophages. Strenuous exercise, viral and bacterial infections, and stress and trauma in general cause glutamine depletion that starves the immune cells. Glutamine helps to protect the lining of the gastrointestinal tract known as the mucosa. Glutamine supplementation maintains the health of the mucosa (inner wall) of the gastrointestinal tract and inhibits muscle wasting in critically ill patients. Glutamine has been shown to enhance the ability of [COLOR=blue! important][COLOR=blue! important]medications[/COLOR][/COLOR] to kill cancerous growths. Many people with cancer have abnormally low levels of glutamine. Glutamine protects the liver during toxic [COLOR=blue! important][COLOR=blue! important]chemotherapy[/COLOR][/COLOR], during acetaminophen toxicity, and following a severe inflammatory injury to the liver. Glutamine is used to protect the lining of the small and large intestines from damage caused by chemotherapy or radiation. Glutamine can aid in healing stomach ulcers and prevent inflammation of the stomach that is caused by chronic use of nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory medications. Individuals with advanced stages of human immunodeficiency virus (HIV) often experience severe weight loss (particularly loss of muscle mass). Glutamine combined with antioxidants or other nutrients may help people with HIV to gain weight. Digestion and normal metabolic function of the intestines are dependent upon adequate amounts of glutamine. Glutamine helps to protect the lining of the gastrointestinal tract known as the mucosa. L-glutamine levels have been found to be decreased in endurance athletes who train too often and at high intensity. Athletes with a strenuous training schedule may be able to reduce the risk of infections by supplementing with glutamine.
                        Starting stats 7/15/05 -FL 3.750"x FG 2.125", (BPEL 5.250" x EG 3.750")

Current Stats: 4/16/10 (BPFL 6.500" x FG 5.625"), ( BPEL 7.825" x EG 6.375")

Goal for 2011 BPEL 9.000" x EG 6.500"
                        Some people see things, and say, "Why"
                        I dream of things that never were, and say "Why Not"

Dusty

Comment

Thanks for that Dustpan, I think it effectively answers that through its status not as a non-essential amino acid but a conditionally essential amino acid that an outside source providing glutamine (or stimulating the body's production) is not going to cause a shutdown of natural glutamine production in anyway. My only experience with it was as a supplement during athletic training to ensure muscle retention, as it is very helpful in maintaining muscle mass during intense training. Certainly really informative stuff as it certainly could not harm PE or general health to have a high state of natural HGH and amino acids.

Comment

I take the following as general sports supplements:

Sci Mentor Premium Whey - This has a good amount (4.99g) of L-Glutamine in it per serving

I also use this as a pre-workout drink to give me some energy - Scivation Xtend which again has L-Glutamine in it.

I think it's a great supplement
                            Don't focus on the destination but enjoy the journey!

Comment

Not so fast

I'm not so sure I agree with the statement that if the supplement only enhances natural production of a substance by the body, then it doesn't have longterm effects.
                              I experienced a serious bout of ED last summer, which seemed to come out of the blue. I tried ZMA and Tribulus. Both seemed to help, but then I stopped the Tribulus and the ED came back with a vengeance. Again, Tribulus does not provide testosterone itself, it only enhances natural production... After a few weeks I got back to the situation I am in now, which is OK but not great, and nothing like what it used to be 12 months ago.

But on to Glutamine. It struck me like a bolt of lightning (which is why I landed here): 1 to 2 weeks before the ED first appeared, I had switched from using Optimum Pro Complex (protein + glutamine) to Optimum Gold Whey (no glutamine). For the previous 2 years I had been downing 5g of glutamine every day, and went cold turkey from one day to the next.

I am ruling out going back to glutamine, even though it would no doubt help short-term. I'm just hoping my body will go back to its normal functioning in time.

Hope this makes people think twice about using supplements... You can build muscle without glutamine so frankly my advice would be to not mess around with your body's functioning, especially when it comes to something as vital as getting a proper erection.

(Btw I had medical tests done, there's nothing wrong with me physically).

Thoughts?

Comment

Working...
                              X