penis size increase through pe vs through puberty

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• penis size increase through pe vs through puberty

so what causes the penis to grow during puberty anyway? testosterone? and is it only growing to a predetermined genetic size or the more testosterone, the bigger the penis?

is there a difference between the size increase in puberty and the size increase with pe? i keep hearing guys say that pe makes the penis bigger but softer, like the inflatable material gets stretched and so less solid erections.

The best scientific guess is hormones causing the growth, though there is no definite known answer to this. It's currently not known how smooth muscle, which makes up a large portion of the penis (and other organs such as the bladder, uterus, etc), grows.
    PE doesn't make the penis softer; that's either a sign of someone who's done things wrong and hurt themselves, or just doesn't know what they're talking about.

Comment

I have seen studies online (pubmed) that have shown that during the growth phase of the genitals during puberty to adult, that testosterone and dht act as the growth stimulus but once adult size or genetic potential is reached there is a cessation of growth and no amount of supraphysiological supplemention of androgens will stimulate further growth.

Androgen receptors are still present and active during adulthood and act to maintain structure and function of the penis. But in the case of hypogonadism (low production of androgens) the penis will shrink and the proportion of smooth muscle to collagen and adipocytes changes unfavorably resulting in erectile dysfunction.
      phallic1
      Last edited by phallic1; 09-26-2011, 06:14 PM.

Comment

Also one must consider circulation, the penis is a highly vascular organ. so increased cricualtion also adds to the health and growth of the penis. testosterone and DHT are just part of the answer.

For I will restore health unto thee and I will heal thee of thine wounds, saith the Lord Jeremiah 30:17

Comment

I feel like if I were more active during puberty I would have grown a larger penis by adulthood. More filled out muscles, too.
          Starting (04.25.11): NBPEL 6.125" BPEL 6.69" MEG 4.44"
          Latest (10.10.11): BPEL: 6.875" MEG: 4.5"
          Long-term Goal: NBPEL 7.5" MEG 5.5"

Progress Log (JP90 & X4)

Comment

Working...
          X